⭐Live Allure TA 🚢 March 1, 2020 - Time to rub the lamp 🧞

John&LaLa

Just now, bigeck said:

I'm not sure. It was in Edinburgh a few years ago and the press said folks lived on it full time. Bit harsh if they don't 

she was here for Christmas a couple years ago. Probably for Disney visit.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

she was here for Christmas a couple years ago. Probably for Disney visit.

It has a website and it shows the route it takes. Always apartments/cabins up for sale. It was said the woman that owned Woolworths lives full time. That's a big Uk department store from years ago

3 minutes ago, bigeck said:

It must have cost Musk a bit for the one that didn't launch. Who's is it this time

🤣His own. It's a StarLink launch. Number 5 I think. 8:21 EST, very short launch window, under 10 minutes

2 minutes ago, bigeck said:

It has a website and it shows the route it takes. Always apartments/cabins up for sale. It was said the woman that owned Woolworths lives full time. That's a big Uk department store from years ago

Probably because people eventually figure out that there is no rock wall, flowrider, or Windjammer.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

🤣His own. It's a StarLink launch. Number 5 I think. 8:21 EST, very short launch window, under 10 minutes

I'll try and remember to watch if its on the web cam. That will be 12.20 here. Our clocks don't get shifted for a couple of weeks

7 minutes ago, bigeck said:

Woolworth's was the original 5 and 10 store in the states. Their NY headquarters was the tallest building in the world until the early 30's when Chrysler and Empire State exceeded it.

800px-Woolworth_bldg_nov2005c.thumb.jpg.df8df28dadaf9b7912b6a63333da63e4.jpg

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

So can we PLEASE get back to the  topic of John's trip.

So have ya more stories to tell and how was that STAR treatment and I assume you might not select the same room again.

I hate when outside light comes through the curtains.

Keep us entertained with your TRIP non virus stories.   any one not good with that, buzz off

Yes please. More of the story!

Late to this thread and if others mentioned this some 50 pages back, I apologize.

We were also on this cruise, though not in such lavish accommodations. We had a lowly inside cabin, but that didn't stop us from having a great cruise.

Anyway, we are one of the few who didn't buy internet for the cruise, we never do, preferring to just lay the sea days away without needed to 'be connected'. So, when the preverbal  hit the fan on Thursday, RCCL was great in giving us 2 free hours of internet to try and get things in order. Since I am IT devoid, the agent who was assigned to help idiots like me, was tremendous and finally figured out that one of my flights to return home on Sunday had been cancelled. Since I am sort of hard of hearing, they let me call my airlines (United) from our room. We were on hold with United for 3 1/2 hours, but when we did get an agent, she was friendly, not stressed and got us on another flight on Sunday, non stop, back to NY (Our home). RCCL even provided me with a phone to call home to let our kids know we are safe and tell them when and where we will be arriving. 

We had a tour booked thru SDT to go to Monserrat and then drop off at our hotel after disembarking. 

Just to be honest, we felt most safe and secure with anyone from the Allure.

Our biggest problem was Saturday in Barcelona, where there was no where to eat, shop, anything. We had a walking tour booked, which we cancelled and just hunkered down for the day in our hotel. We did venture out to try and find something open. Best we could do was a bakery with some bread and cheese. Far cry from the lavish meals on board the ship.

Airport on Sunday was a nightmare. Thousand people waiting for United to open the check in windows. I am partially handicapped, so I got taken a bit earlier. Just wanted to get out. Even had an hour hold up to take off as small staff at flight control, but finally off and back to the US. On arrival, CDC boarded the plane, gave everyone forms to fill out, seat location,addresses, phone number. After getting off, massive lines thru immigration with everyone having their temp took and, like the OP, were told to self quarantine for 14 days, which we are definitely complying with. Maybe unlike some others, we are scared as I am 74 and am not taking this as lightly as some others. 

If I had it to do over again, We never should have gone, but you can't live in the past.

Cheers

Len

• Like 17

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Does "Land Yacht" cruising count?  😉  

BTW...turning around to come home.  Plans of spending the next 2 months along the Florida Panhandle beaches are dashed. 😞  This morning the Florida State Park campground system let us know they are kicking us all out...closed until May 20th.  Will be another $$ hit to state of Florida income.  

Sorry to hear that.

We were supposed to be flying to Barbados on Friday to join P&O Azura for 14 night Caribbean and Transatlantic cruise back to Southampton.😭😭

• Like 1

1 hour ago, torpeedo said:

Don't make knee jerk decisions when you're in the middle of a national crisis!!  Step back in six months and then see how you feel. You might feel the same or maybe different, who knows. Sometimes when we get off a cruise I say I'm sick of it, I'll never cruise again and in 3 weeks I'm booking another! LOL! I sure love seeing your pictures and views of your condo!!  Not to mention the launch shots.

+1

24 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Woolworth's was the original 5 and 10 store in the states. Their NY headquarters was the tallest building in the world until the early 30's when Chrysler and Empire State exceeded it.

800px-Woolworth_bldg_nov2005c.thumb.jpg.df8df28dadaf9b7912b6a63333da63e4.jpg

Didn't realise that they were so big in NY. Trying to remember, think it was Barbara Hutton that ended up with the lot

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Sorry to hear that.

We were supposed to be flying to Barbados on Friday to join P&O Azura for 14 night Caribbean and Transatlantic cruise back to Southampton.😭😭

I am meant to be on Anthem Ta on April 12th. Cruise still isn't cancelled. Ive cancelled flight, hotels and car hire. If this does clear up, they will be easily rebooked

2 hours ago, Teeara said:

Yes, but if you have a septic system you should only use septic safe paper and those other places don't always have that.  Was at CVS yesterday and there was only 1 roll of TP available and it wasn't that kind.  Not that we need any.  We did a Target run 2 weeks ago and each bought a 24 pack for each of our bathrooms.  We should be good for awhile. ;o)

The supermarkets are sold out of the same paper that I saw at the other stores.

20 minutes ago, Giantfan13 said:

Late to this thread and if others mentioned this some 50 pages back, I apologize.

We were also on this cruise, though not in such lavish accommodations. We had a lowly inside cabin, but that didn't stop us from having a great cruise.

Anyway, we are one of the few who didn't buy internet for the cruise, we never do, preferring to just lay the sea days away without needed to 'be connected'. So, when the preverbal  hit the fan on Thursday, RCCL was great in giving us 2 free hours of internet to try and get things in order. Since I am IT devoid, the agent who was assigned to help idiots like me, was tremendous and finally figured out that one of my flights to return home on Sunday had been cancelled. Since I am sort of hard of hearing, they let me call my airlines (United) from our room. We were on hold with United for 3 1/2 hours, but when we did get an agent, she was friendly, not stressed and got us on another flight on Sunday, non stop, back to NY (Our home). RCCL even provided me with a phone to call home to let our kids know we are safe and tell them when and where we will be arriving. 

We had a tour booked thru SDT to go to Monserrat and then drop off at our hotel after disembarking. 

Just to be honest, we felt most safe and secure with anyone from the Allure.

Our biggest problem was Saturday in Barcelona, where there was no where to eat, shop, anything. We had a walking tour booked, which we cancelled and just hunkered down for the day in our hotel. We did venture out to try and find something open. Best we could do was a bakery with some bread and cheese. Far cry from the lavish meals on board the ship.

Airport on Sunday was a nightmare. Thousand people waiting for United to open the check in windows. I am partially handicapped, so I got taken a bit earlier. Just wanted to get out. Even had an hour hold up to take off as small staff at flight control, but finally off and back to the US. On arrival, CDC boarded the plane, gave everyone forms to fill out, seat location,addresses, phone number. After getting off, massive lines thru immigration with everyone having their temp took and, like the OP, were told to self quarantine for 14 days, which we are definitely complying with. Maybe unlike some others, we are scared as I am 74 and am not taking this as lightly as some others. 

If I had it to do over again, We never should have gone, but you can't live in the past.

Cheers

Len

Best wishes and hope you are keeping well.

That sounded like a nightmare cruise end but well done RC for letting you use the phone in your cabin.

7 minutes ago, bigeck said:

I am meant to be on Anthem Ta on April 12th. Cruise still isn't cancelled. Ive cancelled flight, hotels and car hire. If this does clear up, they will be easily rebooked

We were supposed to be on P&O Azura TA this Friday.

We cancelled last week because my Heart Attack in December came under the PMs underlying health issues.

Hope your TA goes ahead.

Edited by grapau27

Just now, Sea Dog said:

Sorry to hear about that. I hope you are on the mend. Take care you have more cruising to do.

Thanks I appreciate your concern.

I was in hospital for 3 days and I had 1 coronary stent put in plus medication to take.

Graham.

• Like 6