⭐Live Allure TA 🚢 March 1, 2020 - Time to rub the lamp 🧞

John&LaLa

15 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

What kind of person opens a conversation with, 'I'm not like you, I'm a Pinnacle with 1,750 points? 🤔🤣🤣

Definitely some Class Envy onboard

I smell Douche Ripple and I’m not even on board. What is that you might ask, well douche ripple can pass through most solid objects and effect the health and well-being of anyone exposed.

13 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

But your reply should be, I’m Star Class. Lol

Sir John or King John (depending on how he wishes to be addressed) should tape his sea pass to his Pinnacle Pin.  Send Mr 1750 off the deep end, and then give them the note.😉😂

10 hours ago, perfect match said:

Looks just like Bella, too!  The question is how could you ever eat that cupcake?

At 1am when hunger strikes, anything goes. Bella, I love you but...

5 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I think the 3 night restriction was what had Mr 1750 so annoyed

That and priority seating at the shows. 

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I do need to stop by VOOM desk and see why I can't do two logins. I should have one for being in a suite and one for being Pinnacle.

I have had the same issue, but slightly different aspect. I get the free Star Class pass and then buy one for my phone for the live reviews. It was easy to do years ago, but they have changed “something” to which only allows a guest to have one internet pass per person.  Either be it paid in my case or Pinnacle for you. 

I always tell the Genie that I am doing a live review and that I need the paid second pass so I don’t have to log off from one device to the other. The Genie speaks with IT and they do something to make it happen. 

4 hours ago, windjamming said:

Naive question. Are there different levels of Pinnacle? 

I’d say there is. They vary, from nice to Mr 1750 that John met. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

but went with Chops in suite instead.

How was it? Was it nice and hot? I’m curious if it tastes slightly different after the time it’s been delivered to your suite?

40 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I always tell the Genie that I am doing a live review and that I need the paid second pass so I don’t have to log off from one device to the other. The Genie speaks with IT and they do something to make it happen.

It must be more of a logistical issue than a technical one. They're just not set up for combining free with paid or a second free, because, you know, who would think of doing such a crazy thing? Ha. Well at least we know that they can make it happen if you ask.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Muster was right below our suite. 

We were there, contrary to this lovely note we found on our cabin door.

For those that attended, it was a mess

We had no sound from the bridge. So everybody got up and left, but they blocked us in.

One person got irate, the rest of us just seemed to chill

Isn't there a stairway off to the side that goes up to the climbing wall, and then into one of the hallways?  We used that several times to avoid the "stampede" through boardwalk.  That should bring you pretty close to your cabin, or you could use a rope to get up there.  😉 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

It's my understanding that Pinnacles can only reserve 3 nights in CK due the large number onboard.  This was also done on the recent 50th birthday cruise on Symphony 

From your list, it still looks like Pinnies are getting treated very well...even the "NSPP".  😉  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

We had similar angst with some P's on the Feb 23 Allure cruise since P's were limited to 3 nights in CK. There were RESERVED cards on the tables in CK at Breakfast and Lunch. We'd never seen that before. It was to make sure there were tables available for both Suites and P's. 

20200223_123905.jpg

They were using those on Birthday cruise, but Pins could not have breakfast in CK

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lady Hudson said:

I agree this is for the benefit of the crew.  But it is ultimately “Captain’s Choice”.

On this twelve day the timing of the clock change may not be as much of a bid deal since the changes are more split up.  But on a seven day crossing it is more critical.  Crew losing an hour of sleep 4 or 5 days in a row is hard on the body! Katherine

! agree 100%.

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

How was it? Was it nice and hot? I’m curious if it tastes slightly different after the time it’s been delivered to your suite?

It was awful. I'll explain in a bit

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Isn't there a stairway off to the side that goes up to the climbing wall, and then into one of the hallways?  We used that several times to avoid the "stampede" through boardwalk.  That should bring you pretty close to your cabin, or you could use a rope to get up there.  😉 

I asked about thst in the FB STAR class group, and I was severely chastised.😂

But I was referring to the stairs from 7 to 8, which is technically off limits unless its an emergency.

I might have a broad description of an emergency, though.

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

We had similar angst with some P's on the Feb 23 Allure cruise since P's were limited to 3 nights in CK. There were RESERVED cards on the tables in CK at Breakfast and Lunch. We'd never seen that before. It was to make sure there were tables available for both Suites and P's. 

20200223_123905.jpg

By the windows?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I asked about thst in the FB STAR class group, and I was severely chastised.😂

But I was referring to the stairs from 7 to 8, which is technically off limits unless its an emergency.

I might have a broad description of an emergency, though.

I have been known to sneak through a quick stairway....shhhh...don't tell anyone.  And actually it's "Bad Boy Bucky" that instigates that.  😮  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Would not be surprised if it was an inside cabin.

Actually find that a bit funny.  I was booked in cabin #1750 for 5/30/21 Allure, then changed to OS instead.  Maybe it's the cabin number on deck 17 that "Mr. 1750" is really talking about?  😉 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

There were RESERVED cards on the tables in CK at Breakfast and Lunch

On this sailing Pinnacle eat breakfast in Chops and Lunch in 150 CP.  In both cases the regular CK menus are used but it removes P loading in the CK for breakfast and lunch. 

For dinner P are allowed three visits to CK.  Some solo P tried to invite another solo P on "their night" but it was still counted for both towards their three visits.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, island lady said:

Actually find that a bit funny.  I was booked in cabin #1750 for 5/30/21 Allure, then changed to OS instead.  Maybe it's the cabin number on deck 17 that "Mr. 1750" is really talking about?  😉 

If he becomes Mr. 1774 after this cruise ends then I say solo inside.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, twangster said:

For dinner P are allowed three visits to CK.  Some solo P tried to invite another solo P on "their night" but it was still counted for both towards their three visits.

Alliance fail.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, twangster said:

On this sailing Pinnacle eat breakfast in Chops and Lunch in 150 CP.  In both cases the regular CK menus are used but it removes P loading in the CK for breakfast and lunch. 

Good setup. Hope it is the same on next years Presidents Cruise.