⭐Live Allure TA 🚢 March 1, 2020 - Time to rub the lamp 🧞

John&LaLa

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Forgot about that.  WCCF for the luggage. Our porter decided to take two STAR groups at the same time. Not what I expected. 

Luggage did not stay with us

I sense a bit of disappointment in the Star Class experience. Hope things improve and you post that you've been wowed and are ready to book SC again.

• Thanks 1

Finally caught up!  This cruise sounds amazing -- hoping for a TA sometime soon, but the best I can hope for is a JS.

Where has Laura been hiding?  No pictures of her yet; is she knitting again?  I also hope she's not drinking wine out of that coffee mug!  

I also appreciate Twangster's photos -- they're beautiful!

Looking forward to more...

3 hours ago, b&wcruiser said:

A friend of my is also on this cruise and he wrote on facebook that about 1400 people cancelled this cruise.

Did you here about this and notice it onboard?

I heard yesterday that 2000 cancelled but haven’t really noticed a great change. Top tier today so maybe we will get some numbers. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, joand452 said:

Finally caught up!  This cruise sounds amazing -- hoping for a TA sometime soon, but the best I can hope for is a JS.

Where has Laura been hiding?  No pictures of her yet; is she knitting again?  I also hope she's not drinking wine out of that coffee mug!  

I also appreciate Twangster's photos -- they're beautiful!

Looking forward to more...

Laura is under the weather. At medical now out of an abundance of caution. 

I know everyone is concerned, but lets wait until I hear more.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, b&wcruiser said:

A friend of my is also on this cruise and he wrote on facebook that about 1400 people cancelled this cruise.

Did you here about this and notice it onboard?

I've heard nothing official.  I will see what I can find out

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, little britain said:

I hear there was an emergency call out for blood group match last night for transfusion? 
Respect  to those who responded 

Announcement around 8pm last night

Needed O negative, male under 60, valid donor card, no tattoos.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

I sense a bit of disappointment in the Star Class experience. Hope things improve and you post that you've been wowed and are ready to book SC again.

We have 7 days left😉

• Like 1

Average step count for this week is just over 10,000. Typically I do just under 6,000 per day at home. 

Feb 2 we were on Harmony midship

So I'm walking 2,000 extra steps a day being aft, vs mid ship

632136280_Screenshot_20200306-081320_SamsungHealth.thumb.jpg.884877ab1b442d4b226c9743f04369b7.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 5

16 hours ago, blueboys24 said:

Not sure if Im correct but i understand the ship is going into drydock when you get to europe. my question is if this is the case do you notice any difference in service or things available on board to be less or is there no difference. the reason im asking is im considering a transatlantic next year on harmony and she goes into drydock after she gets to europe next year. thanks in advance and loving your review.

we were on Allure 5 yrs ago when the previous drydock was just after our arrival to Europe. They did start working during our voyage and were fully in work very early on the arrival morning. The work they did during the cruise, was inside new cabins in the back of the ship, so mostly it was just smell of metal being worked, like welding or something. Other than that, we did not notice any interference etc especially not to the service.

But, for my husbands great delight, they had a sell out of all goods in all of the stores, including the liquor store. Which meant he stocked up our already totally full suitaces with some great alcohol deals on the last night of the cruise. I remember him paying something like 10 USD for a Grey goose bottle and two gins with 14 usd together. 

Sorry for going to totally different direction, but I thought somebody might want to take an advantage on the sale as it is likely to happen again. Allures drydock is long and extensive, so they are definately going to clear the stores fully. 

• Like 3

Medical update

101 fever, throat infection. Prescribed Z pack and nyquil. Should be out of commission a few days. Cancelling Chef's Table tonight and the 'surprise' party tomorrow. Playing it by ear now

Consult was free, charged for test and meds.

In and out in 30 minutes.

@Ocean Boy Laura self medicated the Zpack an hour before she saw the doctor.😉😱

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Matt posted a menu on his site.  A few new entrees, pasta and the pizza.  Looks like a cross between Giovannis and Jamies with pizza added.  

What site is this posted on? Would like to have a nosey at the new menu.

9 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Medical update

101 fever, throat infection. Prescribed Z pack and nyquil. Should be out of commission a few days. Cancelling Chef's Table tonight and the 'surprise' party tomorrow. Playing it by ear now

Consult was free, charged for test and meds.

In and out in 30 minutes.

@Ocean Boy Laura self medicated the Zpack an hour before she saw the doctor.😉😱

Wishing Laura a speedy recovery.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Laura is under the weather. At medical now out of an abundance of caution. 

I know everyone is concerned, but lets wait until I hear more.

hope she gets a good report and recovers quickly!

9 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Forgot about that.  WCCF for the luggage. Our porter decided to take two STAR groups at the same time. Not what I expected. 

Luggage did not stay with us

For us the last we see the luggage is when we drop it off at the Star Class Check in, at the flag. It varies by port but the same idea.  We see it at our cabin within an hour. It typically arrives while we are having lunch in our cabin. 😂🤦‍♂️

9 hours ago, RFerrington said:

Out of the 6 or 7 SC cruises we have been on, the embarkation luggage has been a consistently disappointing element.  That’s why I insist that our luggage remain with us now.  Sorry your experience wasn’t any better.

8 for us and not once has it ever gone with us directly to the cabin.  Only in Miami did the luggage leave with us in the morning of disembarkation day, on Allure and Symphony.  No other ships or ports. 

8 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

He has a WIFE for that. Ha ha ha.

Finally, some acknowledged my joke.

10 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Wishing Laura a speedy recovery.

Us as well John.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

For us the last we see the luggage is when we drop it off at the Star Class Check in, at the flag. It varies by port but the same idea.  We see it at our cabin within an hour. It typically arrives while we are having lunch in our cabin. 😂🤦‍♂️

We were told to stay with it.

Lunch in cabin, that's rich. 🤣🤣

• Like 1