Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
John&LaLa

⭐Live Allure TA 🚢 March 1, 2020 - Time to rub the lamp 🧞

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:


Inquiring minds.... 😝  

He has a WIFE for that. Ha ha ha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

 

Forgot about that.  WCCF for the luggage. Our porter decided to take two STAR groups at the same time. Not what I expected. 

 

Luggage did not stay with us

I sense a bit of disappointment in the Star Class experience. Hope things improve and you post that you've been wowed and are ready to book SC again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally caught up!  This cruise sounds amazing -- hoping for a TA sometime soon, but the best I can hope for is a JS.

 

Where has Laura been hiding?  No pictures of her yet; is she knitting again?  I also hope she's not drinking wine out of that coffee mug!  

 

I also appreciate Twangster's photos -- they're beautiful!

 

Looking forward to more...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A friend of my is also on this cruise and he wrote on facebook that about 1400 people cancelled this cruise.

Did you here about this and notice it onboard?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you taken any of the top tier tours, i.e., bridge, kitchen, or theater? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, b&wcruiser said:

A friend of my is also on this cruise and he wrote on facebook that about 1400 people cancelled this cruise.

Did you here about this and notice it onboard?


I heard yesterday that 2000 cancelled but haven’t really noticed a great change. Top tier today so maybe we will get some numbers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hear there was an emergency call out for blood group match last night for transfusion? 
Respect  to those who responded 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, joand452 said:

Finally caught up!  This cruise sounds amazing -- hoping for a TA sometime soon, but the best I can hope for is a JS.

 

Where has Laura been hiding?  No pictures of her yet; is she knitting again?  I also hope she's not drinking wine out of that coffee mug!  

 

I also appreciate Twangster's photos -- they're beautiful!

 

Looking forward to more...

 

Laura is under the weather. At medical now out of an abundance of caution. 

 

I know everyone is concerned, but lets wait until I hear more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, b&wcruiser said:

A friend of my is also on this cruise and he wrote on facebook that about 1400 people cancelled this cruise.

Did you here about this and notice it onboard?

 

I've heard nothing official.  I will see what I can find out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, little britain said:

I hear there was an emergency call out for blood group match last night for transfusion? 
Respect  to those who responded 

 

Announcement around 8pm last night

 

Needed O negative, male under 60, valid donor card, no tattoos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JamesEM said:

Have you taken any of the top tier tours, i.e., bridge, kitchen, or theater? 

 

Haven't scheduled any, Pat didn't seem interested. Sorry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

I sense a bit of disappointment in the Star Class experience. Hope things improve and you post that you've been wowed and are ready to book SC again.

 

We have 7 days left😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Average step count for this week is just over 10,000. Typically I do just under 6,000 per day at home. 

 

Feb 2 we were on Harmony midship

 

So I'm walking 2,000 extra steps a day being aft, vs mid ship

 

632136280_Screenshot_20200306-081320_SamsungHealth.thumb.jpg.884877ab1b442d4b226c9743f04369b7.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Room service just stopped by.

 

Me - Just put it on the coffee table.

20200306_080020.thumb.jpg.6affa9ae6dda54f1326503d99189a965.jpg

 

Delivery Dude - ok

20200306_080033.thumb.jpg.401022d0bba2701af7408e88207e4d61.jpg

 

Me - thanks, have a nice day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

 

We have 7 days left😉

You're a professional- I have enough trouble with 7 straight days of drinking😇

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, blueboys24 said:

Not sure if Im correct but i understand the ship is going into drydock when you get to europe. my question is if this is the case do you notice any difference in service or things available on board to be less or is there no difference. the reason im asking is im considering a transatlantic next year on harmony and she goes into drydock after she gets to europe next year. thanks in advance and loving your review.

 

we were on Allure 5 yrs ago when the previous drydock was just after our arrival to Europe. They did start working during our voyage and were fully in work very early on the arrival morning. The work they did during the cruise, was inside new cabins in the back of the ship, so mostly it was just smell of metal being worked, like welding or something. Other than that, we did not notice any interference etc especially not to the service.

 

But, for my husbands great delight, they had a sell out of all goods in all of the stores, including the liquor store. Which meant he stocked up our already totally full suitaces with some great alcohol deals on the last night of the cruise. I remember him paying something like 10 USD for a Grey goose bottle and two gins with 14 usd together. 

 

Sorry for going to totally different direction, but I thought somebody might want to take an advantage on the sale as it is likely to happen again. Allures drydock is long and extensive, so they are definately going to clear the stores fully. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Medical update

 

101 fever, throat infection. Prescribed Z pack and nyquil. Should be out of commission a few days. Cancelling Chef's Table tonight and the 'surprise' party tomorrow. Playing it by ear now

 

Consult was free, charged for test and meds.

 

In and out in 30 minutes.

 

@Ocean Boy Laura self medicated the Zpack an hour before she saw the doctor.😉😱

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Matt posted a menu on his site.  A few new entrees, pasta and the pizza.  Looks like a cross between Giovannis and Jamies with pizza added.  

What site is this posted on? Would like to have a nosey at the new menu.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, cloud_nine said:

What site is this posted on? Would like to have a nosey at the new menu.

Google will find it for you if you add the word “blog” to this cruise line.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Medical update

 

101 fever, throat infection. Prescribed Z pack and nyquil. Should be out of commission a few days. Cancelling Chef's Table tonight and the 'surprise' party tomorrow. Playing it by ear now

 

Consult was free, charged for test and meds.

 

In and out in 30 minutes.

 

@Ocean Boy Laura self medicated the Zpack an hour before she saw the doctor.😉😱

Wishing Laura a speedy recovery.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, cloud_nine said:

What site is this posted on? Would like to have a nosey at the new menu.

I extracted the images from his post for the new Giovanni's onto here: https://imgur.com/a/d89sQ5n to find them easily.

 

Credit to Matt H. from [this cruise line] blog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

 

Laura is under the weather. At medical now out of an abundance of caution. 

 

I know everyone is concerned, but lets wait until I hear more.


hope she gets a good report and recovers quickly!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks guys! Chocolate ravioli sounds nice! Though disappointed that there isn't a gnocchi available or more pasta options for veggies, but it is what it is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

 

Forgot about that.  WCCF for the luggage. Our porter decided to take two STAR groups at the same time. Not what I expected. 

 

Luggage did not stay with us


For us the last we see the luggage is when we drop it off at the Star Class Check in, at the flag. It varies by port but the same idea.  We see it at our cabin within an hour. It typically arrives while we are having lunch in our cabin. 😂🤦‍♂️

 

9 hours ago, RFerrington said:

Out of the 6 or 7 SC cruises we have been on, the embarkation luggage has been a consistently disappointing element.  That’s why I insist that our luggage remain with us now.  Sorry your experience wasn’t any better.


8 for us and not once has it ever gone with us directly to the cabin.  Only in Miami did the luggage leave with us in the morning of disembarkation day, on Allure and Symphony.  No other ships or ports. 

 

8 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

He has a WIFE for that. Ha ha ha.

 

Finally, some acknowledged my joke.

 

10 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Wishing Laura a speedy recovery.


Us as well John.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...