⭐Live Allure TA 🚢 March 1, 2020 - Time to rub the lamp 🧞

John&LaLa

53 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Medical update

101 fever, throat infection. Prescribed Z pack and nyquil. Should be out of commission a few days. Cancelling Chef's Table tonight and the 'surprise' party tomorrow. Playing it by ear now

Consult was free, charged for test and meds.

In and out in 30 minutes.

@Ocean Boy Laura self medicated the Zpack an hour before she saw the doctor.😉😱

Hope she feels better soon!

Mrs. 3Cats had to visit medical on Oasis a few weeks back.  I was very impressed with the staff & facility.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

For us the last we see the luggage is when we drop it off at the Star Class Check in, at the flag. It varies by port but the same idea.  We see it at our cabin within an hour. It typically arrives while we are having lunch in our cabin. 😂🤦‍♂️

I think we are going to be next-door neighbors on Allure next March.  We’re in 1720.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

I think we are going to be next-door neighbors on Allure next March.  We’re in 1720.

We are actually down the hall from you for this cruise, in the RLS.

• Like 2

Day 6 Update

Last night I went to the rock climbing deck just below John and Laura's balcony to watch the Aqua show.  Water was sloshing out of the pool at both ends flooding the front row of seats.  That front row gets wet during the show but tonight it would have been six inches of water at your feet.

al-day6-1.jpg

They tried to change the heading of the ship to minimize motion.  That's what created our purple deviation shown in the track below.   

al-day6-2.jpg

With the show delayed and no improvement I gave up and left assuming the show was going to cancelled.  I had seen it on night one so not a big deal for me.

I'm not really feeling the motion walking around the ship so the dramatic Aqua pool waves were a surprise to me.

Specialty dining sales must be slow.  "Black Friday" today.

al-day6-4.jpg

There is a slight swell coming at us from starboard forward but it's hard to see in this picture.  It's not really impacting the ship other than normal ship movement.  Obligatory balcony picture confirms more cloud cover this morning.  Heavy dew on my balcony this morning and in Central Park.  

al-day6-5.jpg

</cruise geek on>

Using OpenCPN I've been following our course.  Our original great circle route would have positioned us pretty close to the Azores.  We are now tracking on a rhumb line with an 87° heading. 

Our original route can be seen below (the upper curved arc).  The red dot is our GPS position.  The blue line coming out of the red dot is a rhumb line that we appear to be tracking on.   The new track is longer but places us roughly 100 nm South of where we would have been had we stayed on the great circle.

al-day6-6.jpg

I'm thinking the blob chasing us across the Atlantic is responsible for our cloud cover today and the course deviation.  From tropicaltidbits.com:

goes16_ir_atl_mar6.gif

This image isn't radar imagery so that's not heavy rain but you can bet the sea conditions aren't exactly smooth in the heart of that system where it's red so being a hundred miles away sounds like a great idea to me.  I think we'll be in the hanging tail of it today as it overtakes us.  

</cruise geek off>

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Pratique said:

Wishing everyone the best. Have you tried the Transatlantic board game yet? I watched a couple of videos and it looks a bit involved, a more complex version of Monopoly.

Played last night, took about 2.5 hours.

It was fun. Haven't got the nuances down, but it moves pretty quick.

Pat won

• Like 2

2 hours ago, twangster said:

I'm not really feeling the motion walking around the ship so the dramatic Aqua pool waves were a surprise to me.

We get a lot of motion back here, plus vibration

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

101 fever, throat infection. Prescribed Z pack and nyquil. Should be out of commission a few days. Cancelling Chef's Table tonight and the 'surprise' party tomorrow. Playing it by ear now

Sorry to hear this. She will be in my thoughts for a speedy recovery. Let her know that all of us are thinking of her.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Not sure.

BTW, they had 20 people show up within 20 minutes

With that being the rarest blood type, that is awesome to have that many that fast. Prayers for the recipient and blessings to the donors.  Also praying for Laura  to have a rapid full recovery so all of y'all can continue to have a wonderful cruise.  As the others have said, thank you for doing such a great job on this review and allowing us to "travel it" with you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The curse of Deck 7

So, I often share my disdain for Deck 7 here on CC. You can't travel between Port and Starboard when using aft elevators.

I was coming back from JR's with Laura's lunch.

Somehow ended up entering aft hallway one deck early, and it wasn't until I got to end of hall that I realized my error.🤣

Now I could have taken the crew stairs, but apparently that's bad, so I headed back to aft lobby, walked up stairs, and headed back down 8.👍

• Haha 1

Now we've been having 'issues' with 3pm snack delivery, and I just spike with Jay about cancelling some dinners and events, so I proceeded to contact room service mgr to place my order for 3pm

Pepperoni pizza, extra sauce, extra crispy.

Singapore Sling, and a Moscow Mule.

Pizza arrived a minute ago.🤣

But thats fine, Pat wanted it now anyway.

It's very good😎

20200306_122635.thumb.jpg.ba8e2d0ea02c1c21107ca0d74bb84747.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Somehow ended up entering aft hallway one deck early, and it wasn't until I got to end of hall that I realized my error.🤣

Been there done that too. The unfamiliar door decorations should have been my clue, but I was on a mission.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Now we've been having 'issues' with 3pm snack delivery, and I just spike with Jay about cancelling some dinners and events, so I proceeded to contact room service mgr to place my order for 3pm

Pepperoni pizza, extra sauce, extra crispy.

Singapore Sling, and a Moscow Mule.

Pizza arrived a minute ago.🤣

But thats fine, Pat wanted it now anyway.

It's very good😎

20200306_122635.thumb.jpg.ba8e2d0ea02c1c21107ca0d74bb84747.jpg

That looks yummy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1