⭐Live Allure TA 🚢 March 1, 2020 - Time to rub the lamp 🧞

John&LaLa

1 hour ago, LindyWebb said:

John, I cannot believe that is your usual view from your house!!!!  I would never cruise!!!

So fun to follow along on your adventure.  Glad you are home safe!

I'll miss that view

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Et tu, Brute?

Does "Land Yacht" cruising count?  😉  

BTW...turning around to come home.  Plans of spending the next 2 months along the Florida Panhandle beaches are dashed. 😞  This morning the Florida State Park campground system let us know they are kicking us all out...closed until May 20th.  Will be another $$ hit to state of Florida income.  

23 minutes ago, PompeySailor said:

Just have to ask how the wife is, as you reported on a public forum she had a fever and a sore throat early on in the cruise.

Did she actually get tested on the ship or did they just pass it off as normal flu or another illness.

Did she after visiting the medics on board mingle?

Having two of the reported known signs and symptoms of Covid-19 , I would certainly want to get myself tested to protect my family members and others.

Curious mind (s)

Yes, Laura went to medical immediately, March 6. I thought I covered that. The ship was not charging for basic visits, just testing.  She got a flu test A/B. Diagnosed with Acute pharyngitis.  Prescribed with Zpack, Nyquil and bed rest. No quarantining. 

Now I'm no medical professional, but we do have one participating, but if she had Covid19, she may have picked it up prior

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Pratique said:

I think it's that some people don't care. At the supermarket I kept six feet back from a woman and her three kids. Someone saw an opening and tried to cut the line. In the meantime, the cashier shut his lane down because he didn't see me waiting. At the pet supply store, I kept six feet back from the next customer and I had someone breathing down my neck. Still have to go out and get stuff and not be a hoarder. The stay at home thing is good for me because people can't get their act together. Unfortunately, my wife just started working at a supermarket, so it's all day contact for her.

We're all trying to figure out how to cope.

At least you have an "in" on when the next load of toilet paper will be available!  ;o)

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Len, thank you for your report.  I hope that all goes well with you, and that 14 days from now  you are happy and healthy still.

Appreciate the kind thoughts.

All we can do now is sit and wait and hope all is well, and catch up on those TV shows and movies we always meant to watch but never had the time.  LOL

Cheers

Len

6 minutes ago, Teeara said:

At least you have an "in" on when the next load of toilet paper will be available!  ;o)

I've seen it in places like the drugstore and the home improvement store where I guess others don't think to look.

31 minutes ago, island lady said:

BTW...turning around to come home.  Plans of spending the next 2 months along the Florida Panhandle beaches are dashed. 😞  This morning the Florida State Park campground system let us know they are kicking us all out...closed until May 20th.  Will be another $$ hit to state of Florida income.  

New York opened all its state parks for free. Governor said get out and enjoy the open spaces.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pratique said:

I've seen it in places like the drugstore and the home improvement store where I guess others don't think to look.

Yes, but if you have a septic system you should only use septic safe paper and those other places don't always have that.  Was at CVS yesterday and there was only 1 roll of TP available and it wasn't that kind.  Not that we need any.  We did a Target run 2 weeks ago and each bought a 24 pack for each of our bathrooms.  We should be good for awhile. ;o)

28 minutes ago, Pratique said:

New York opened all its state parks for free. Governor said get out and enjoy the open spaces.

That sure makes a lot more sense!  With spring breakers not being able to go the the Orlando theme parks, camping would have made a good alternative.   There were a lot of them on the river kayaking yesterday.  

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

That sure makes a lot more sense!  With spring breakers not being able to go the the Orlando theme parks, camping would have made a good alternative.   There were a lot of them on the river kayaking yesterday.  

They are all her now it seems

• Like 1

So can we PLEASE get back to the  topic of John's trip.

So have ya more stories to tell and how was that STAR treatment and I assume you might not select the same room again.

I hate when outside light comes through the curtains.

Keep us entertained with your TRIP non virus stories.   any one not good with that, buzz off

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

Just now, John&LaLa said:

it's been a long time coming, but it just feels odd now.

Need to step back and evaluate the future in the next week or so

well then head for the hills and look at mountains.

Meanwhile do keep us entertained with stories of the trip you just finished.  I have never taken a TA and so I enjoyed your stories.

I am waiting to decide on symphony for April25th.  

Fun looking at Cruisemapper and see on the ships going around in circles.  And on PTZ they are showing the NCL BLISS just hanging out in the harbor.  That is a great ship.  I know this is RCI, but NCL Bliss and Escape are great ships too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Don't make knee jerk decisions when you're in the middle of a national crisis!!  Step back in six months and then see how you feel. You might feel the same or maybe different, who knows. Sometimes when we get off a cruise I say I'm sick of it, I'll never cruise again and in 3 weeks I'm booking another! LOL! I sure love seeing your pictures and views of your condo!!  Not to mention the launch shots.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Don't move to the cruise ship The World. It sent everyone home and is docked in Aus

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, torpeedo said:

Don't make knee jerk decisions when you're in the middle of a national crisis!!  Step back in six months and then see how you feel. You might feel the same or maybe different, who knows. Sometimes when we get off a cruise I say I'm sick of it, I'll never cruise again and in 3 weeks I'm booking another! LOL! I sure love seeing your pictures and views of your condo!!  Not to mention the launch shots.

I think we have a launch in the morning

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1