⭐Live Allure TA 🚢 March 1, 2020 - Time to rub the lamp 🧞

John&LaLa

It is a fairly long walk to the Sagrada from Hotel Continental.  We walked there but it was hot, we were sorry we did it, and were glad to pay 6E to taxi back.  

The Hotel does have AC.  We also stayed in a Ramblas balcony room and loved it!  When you go back, Spain Day Tours (SDT) offers a wonderful tour to Monserrat that includes a stop at a Cava vineyard for a tasting. SDT also sell tickets to an original Flamenco Dinner Show down La Ramblas that was well worth the cost.

Glad you all made it home safely.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was at the Hotel Continental as well and I thought it was a great choice. It seemed to be catering largely to Allure passengers and in the evening a number of us gathered in the dining area and exchanged stories about our plans for getting home. That was the number one topic on everyone's mind.

I found it odd that they had old fashioned room keys (chained to a big stick) instead of magnetic cards. And when you left the hotel for a walk, you had to leave the key at the desk. What was the rationale behind that?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, pstone1 said:

It is a fairly long walk to the Sagrada from Hotel Continental.  We walked there but it was hot, we were sorry we did it, and were glad to pay 6E to taxi back.  

The Hotel does have AC.  We also stayed in a Ramblas balcony room and loved it!  When you go back, Spain Day Tours (SDT) offers a wonderful tour to Monserrat that includes a stop at a Cava vineyard for a tasting. SDT also sell tickets to an original Flamenco Dinner Show down La Ramblas that was well worth the cost.

Glad you all made it home safely.  

I did the Monserrat tour through SDT tours. They picked us up at the port. It was fantastic. Our guide kept commenting "there's nobody here". Normally she told us the line to walk past the Madonna is over an hour long, but when we were there the line was non-existent. 

I also went to the Flamenco Show with a number of other Allure cruisers who I had met on the ship. It was quite the experience.

Edited by emeraldcity
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you so much for caring.

I have totally changed my eating habits and have lost 21lbs in weight since I was discharged from hospital on 12-20-19.

Graham, I saw you mention on another thread that you had been unwell but didn't realise it was so serious, glad you are doing well now. Does it mean you are on the government's self isolating list?

• Thanks 1

Just now, kernow said:

Graham, I saw you mention on another thread that you had been unwell but didn't realise it was so serious, glad you are doing well now. Does it mean you are on the government's self isolating list?

Thank you Julie.

I feel fine but am on the government self isolating list.

We had to cancel our P&O Azura TA for March 20 because of government advice although P&O have subsequently suspended all cruises in line with most cruiselines.

Worried about our June cruise on Allure out of Barcelona.

10 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Julie.

I feel fine but am on the government self isolating list.

We had to cancel our P&O Azura TA for March 20 because of government advice although P&O have subsequently suspended all cruises in line with most cruiselines.

Worried about our June cruise on Allure out of Barcelona.

Take care and keep reminding yourself that hopefully it won't be too long until we are all cruising again. We're hoping that we'll be able to go in the Autumn, nothing booked yet but hoping for November.

Sorry to hijack the thread, look forward to hearing the summing up:classic_smile:.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Was there something else meant by this picture?😲

No idea what you are referring to

John, who often doesn't see things when he takes a picture, but often notices them when he crops them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, emeraldcity said:

I was at the Hotel Continental as well and I thought it was a great choice. It seemed to be catering largely to Allure passengers and in the evening a number of us gathered in the dining area and exchanged stories about our plans for getting home. That was the number one topic on everyone's mind.

I found it odd that they had old fashioned room keys (chained to a big stick) instead of magnetic cards. And when you left the hotel for a walk, you had to leave the key at the desk. What was the rationale behind that?

Hi Dorothy, sorry I missed you, I was down there a few times. It was a good place to share info

I missed the memo on the key

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Sorry John that you didn't get a chance to see more of Barcelona.  Was this your first time there?  I thought that you've done several TAs in the past and would have been to Barcelona before.

Yes, we've been 4-5 times. This was Pat's first time, and would have been my first time to visit the inside of SF

Maybe I'll wait until the finish it. 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

Sign on the building in upper right of the pic.

Thank you Captain Obvious.

Spanish not that good, but I thing it was an ad for the way off Broadway version of the Vagina Monologues. 

If you look to the left of Pat's left arm, you will see the bottom of the banner.

Not sure why they left the top

• Like 2

On 3/16/2020 at 7:21 PM, John&LaLa said:

Thank you Captain Obvious

I was looking for guidelines on how to disinfect and how long it takes to get a reading.

14 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Thank you Captain Obvious.

Spanish not that good, but I thing it was an ad for the way off Broadway version of the Vagina Monologues. 

If you look to the left of Pat's left arm, you will see the bottom of the banner.

Not sure why they left the top

I thought I was Captain Obvious?🤔

• Haha 4