⭐Live Allure TA 🚢 March 1, 2020 - Time to rub the lamp 🧞

John&LaLa

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I know what UTI is.

You used to see billboards for STD's when you were ITP.

Probably better than the 'We Bare All' billboards up and down I-75 around Micanopy. 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, island lady said:

Not John, but I can tell you it is about a half hour away.  Easy peasy up I-95 to 528...straight shot to the port. 

Vierra and Suntree are mainly retirement communities, lots of golf courses, and not on the beach.  Located on the "mainland" across the the river to the west from the island beach community.  

I would agree about Suntree for the most part but most of Viera are still actively employed. 

2 hours ago, truffles2 said:

The one in Tennessee is pronounced smirr-nah

I have always said It that way. 

The nuns that taught me always stressed not adding a syllable to words. That’s why I have a problem saying Sum erna. 

Local pronunciation trumps everything, so 

Sum Erna Fl it is!

4 minutes ago, jk04 said:

We live OTP.  NW of Smyrna, NW of the Big Chicken, and even  NW of the Kennesaw Battlefield....

We lived off of Paul Samuel. Near Stilesboro Biscuits. Love the Big Chicken

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jk04 said:

We live OTP.  NW of Smyrna, NW of the Big Chicken, and even  NW of the Kennesaw Battlefield....

We used to live in an area I called Four Corners in my mind...because I’m a west coast girl. We lived in Acworth, DS went to school in Kennesaw, his best friend at the same school lived in Powder Springs, and his cousin, also at the school, lived in Marietta...all within a mile or so. And I regularly passed through what I called the Due West’s intersection where Due West met Kennesaw-Due and Acworth-Due West and made a hard turn but was still called Due West. Hot Wok is there...seriously miss Hot Wok.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anita Latte said:

We used to live in an area I called Four Corners in my mind...because I’m a west coast girl. We lived in Acworth, DS went to school in Kennesaw, his best friend at the same school lived in Powder Springs, and his cousin, also at the school, lived in Marietta...all within a mile or so. And I regularly passed through what I called the Due West’s intersection where Due West met Kennesaw-Due and Acworth-Due West and made a hard turn but was still called Due West. Hot Wok is there...seriously miss Hot Wok.

Due West, Due West, Due West. Remember it well.

I drove that intersection 5 days a week.  2000/2003

CVS is/was there. I would call home and let Laura know I was almost home. 

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Due West, Due West, Due West. Remember it well.

I drove that intersection 5 days a week.  2000/2003

CVS is/was there. I would call home and let Laura know I was almost home. 

Yes on the CVS! Still there as of 2017 when we left there...West Cobb has grown tremendously since 2003...not that I have first hand knowledge but just talking to people. We were there 2012-2017.

2 hours ago, Anita Latte said:

That area is a bit south of us but I know exactly where you are talking about.  I call it Four Corners as well because Paulding, Cobb, Bartow, and Cherokee all come together.  We live in Paulding, but the Bartow County line is not too far out the back of our property.  The road we drive out of the subdivision to get to Cobb Pkwy, we start in Paulding, hit a stretch of Bartow, and then finally Cobb.  It's a beautiful area but building up.

We moved up here from the Orlando area.  Address was actually Davenport, but we were east of I-4 and what used to be Baseball City.  DH worked for the Mouse and I drove to Lakeland every day.  Prior to the job in Lakeland, worked at an office not to far from the airport off of Semoran.  Highway 27 and that area started to build up before we left.  I don't even recognize now.

Hi John and Lala!   

First - thanks for the thread and 

Second - Congrats On getting to the last weekend of your self quarantine without getting sick! 

I have tried to many times to Coordinate a trip to watch a launch but it has never worked out for me!  Thanks for posting those pictures!

Now I have to ask - with all of the beautiful views of the beach and the space launches - why are you contemplating moving? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cel_cruise said:

Hi John and Lala!   

First - thanks for the thread and 

Second - Congrats On getting to the last weekend of your self quarantine without getting sick! 

I have tried to many times to Coordinate a trip to watch a launch but it has never worked out for me!  Thanks for posting those pictures!

Now I have to ask - with all of the beautiful views of the beach and the space launches - why are you contemplating moving? 

You are kind, and yes, it's day 13. Saturday will be the final day of isolation.

I just missed a cool picture opportunity at sunrise. What I got was ok.

20200327_073306.thumb.jpg.cc0ae6ed5229be7c132f205efcc85e5d.jpg

• Like 7

Scanned all the compasses last night. Will stsrt posting them in a few minutes.

Someone just showed up to distract me.

20200327_082621.thumb.jpg.b6a5741a09172ecc703d8b3f306d35da.jpg

She has to cut her visit short because they finally started replacing the roof on Linda's building. They live on the top floor and its noisy.

BTW, this is repairing the damage from Mathew in fall 2016

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

On 3/24/2020 at 10:28 PM, John&LaLa said:

Anyone interested in the rest of the Compasses?

On 3/25/2020 at 7:19 AM, HBE4 said:

Yes, please and thank you.

Ok, time to post compasses. 

I will post them one day per post and give some thoughts on what we did do, and what we didn't get around to

I am missing the nighttime activities for Day 6

Oasis ships use 6 pages to fit in all the activities.

Pages 5 & 6 are the evening activities

• Thanks 1