⭐Live Allure TA 🚢 March 1, 2020 - Time to rub the lamp 🧞

John&LaLa

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

John you did not rate the free laundry with Star Class, or as a Pinnacle do you already get this?

The 'good' free laundry is STAR.👍

I won't do the Pinnacle bag anymore unless desperation sets in

• Like 2

9 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

March 31, 2020 - 34 days later, time to go.

I've put this off long enough, need to finish before the month ends.

Pros

Laura's birthday party

Weather

Mama Mia

Johnny Rockets

Cabin Steward - Ronaldo

Beer Selection

Laundry Service

Cup Cake Class

Aqua Theater

Aqua Suite and balcony

Malaga/Cordoba

Air2Sea getting us home

Dazzles

Boleros

Neutral

Genie - Jay

Specialty Restaurants

Coastal Kitchen Lunch

Cons

Pre cruise STAR experience

Boarding

Sail away 

Room Service

Cost

Suite location

COVID 19 - I don't blame Royal

Departure

Summary

In hindsight, STAR just wasn't a good fit or value.

Plus the service just wasn't there, and that is supposed to be the big draw.

We would have been totally fine with just enjoying our Pinnacle perks in two balcony cabins, three if Pat had come

Buying food and drink ala carte would have been thousands less

We just could not eat and drink 24/7 to get our moneys worth.

Even if we had gone pkg's, we probably would have spent under 7 grand for 3 cabins

So at the end of the day, we spent around 5 grand for a Genie and a awesome balcony

Plus we probably spent $1200 extra in tips between deliveries, Genie, and cabin steward

Jay did get Pat a crystal block, but I could have given him the one we got (Allure was our 140 pt milestone)

And before M8 jumps in, the Genies always give some sort of gift to their passengers.

Jay also got us a 10% FCC for the disaster that was room service. Other than the letter, I haven't heard anything from Royal yet.

So honestly, we really didn't need a Genie for much

So in the future, which honestly seems totally up in the air, we'll stick to JS's or two cabins and pay for services as we use them.

It was fun entertaining you all for a month.

preview.jpg.52aa4d8bc578e6380f9bb678d7299111.jpg

Damn, missed deadline by 5 minutes

Thanks for an entertaining review.

Very professional and extremely informative.

Polly

Edited by Polly1922
  • Thanks 1

John,

I met you and Laura a few years ago in the suite lounge on either Oasis or Allure.  Very nice people.

We were in Star Class on Anthem two years ago on a 12 day S. Caribbean cruise and I completely agree with your Star Class review.  We are frequent cruisers and I think Star Class is set for larger families who are not frequent cruisers.  We were booked in a G Owners Suite and were assigned the Star Class cabin so it was not the typical cost hit.

Bob

• Like 1

On 3/30/2020 at 6:04 PM, bobmacliberty said:

In my experience, business class on regional jets in Europe has always been the same coach class seats with the middle seat left open.  I prefer the wider US first class seats.

LHR has one of the best lounges that I've ever been in...Virgin Atlantic's Upper Class Wing in Terminal 3.  Separate entrance where they meet you when your car pulls up (chauffer service included with business class).  An agent greets you and takes your info while someone takes your luggage from the car and checks it in.  Excellent lounge area with great food and drink.  Separate security lanes when you're ready to head to the gate.  If you ever get a chance to fly Virgin out of LHR, business class is worth the experience.

The experience is amazing!

Check in was basically sitting comfortably while the staff did the work. 

Then we had waiter service in the lounge for a wonderful breakfast before the flight.

Separate cubicles on the plane meant my DH wrapped up in his sheet and blanket like a burrito and slept for three hours. 

Way better than any other business class experiences and even first class in the past!

It’s been fun, and I’ve enjoyed  every minute of it

I clicked on the link for the CC app and SURPRISE, it was in the Cloud!

I had forgotten we had one, it’s been so long!

Thanks again for sharing with us, and I know why Laura didn’t get the salmon on the flight home. Who wants a semi dried tomato?

We left a  tomato on the counter once, went away for a weekend and came home to an ugly wrinkled one. 

See you in the Floataway Lounge!

• Thanks 1

Thank you John and Laura.  Your opinion of Star class was just as we would anticipate our own would be.  I'm glad you did it first so we didn't have to!!  Sorry for all the $$$ you had to spend though to find out.. :classic_laugh:  That all being said I'm sure a big group of infrequent cruisers with lots of kids would find it very helpful in coordinating their activities.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the terrific review, especially your Star Class experience. I’ve been bugging/nagging DH to book us in a Star suite, but now I’m pretty sure we would have the same reaction as you. Perhaps when (& if) we are able to treat our boys and their families to a cruise we will try it. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, marci22 said:

Probably best bang for your buck. 

Most I've done is OS and will probably never do STAR, but enjoy reading about others' experiences. I do not think I would appreciate the extras that are STAR.

Maybe I'll find STAR glitch pricing one day.

Look for it on an eastbound TA. 

We pretty much paid $1000 per day for 3 people

I've never done an OS, it's on my list for someday.  Also a CL. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, torpeedo said:

Thank you John and Laura.  Your opinion of Star class was just as we would anticipate our own would be.  I'm glad you did it first so we didn't have to!!  Sorry for all the $$$ you had to spend though to find out.. :classic_laugh:  That all being said I'm sure a big group of infrequent cruisers with lots of kids would find it very helpful in coordinating their activities.

I think you hit the nail on the head. Also a group of 6 young at heart folk still able to eat and party the night away. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, MalteseMama2 said:

Thanks for the terrific review, especially your Star Class experience. I’ve been bugging/nagging DH to book us in a Star suite, but now I’m pretty sure we would have the same reaction as you. Perhaps when (& if) we are able to treat our boys and their families to a cruise we will try it. 

That would work well with the Villa

56 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

Cozy!

i like the deep cubbies between seat and window for stuffing blankets out of the way. 

Lufthansa 747-400 coming home from Copenhagen via Frankfurt

20190521_232522.thumb.jpg.6e2d29cadb9cddf7697ba6d01903ce21.jpg

Not very lady like

20190521_232452.thumb.jpg.cccd3891b45d5167818d4c038c2d5c0c.jpg

Once again, no Beringer🤣

20190513_173935.thumb.jpg.fa8c0a65687e2df1bb6221597e6ed8ec.jpg

It almost feels like a private jet

20190513_132601.thumb.jpg.873f50c2170e6b22e112aece67cc80e3.jpg

I had a bulkhead like this in front of my seat. They had a tray of snacks on it. 👍

20200401_124442.thumb.jpg.e7e9bf9eb7cc8058d161cc2439378b27.jpg

Better electronics on the 777

20190513_133632.thumb.jpg.05c678158f133d4d8ea72d0f3ba631e2.jpg

What I thought would be cool,  turned out to be a PIA

20190513_182925.thumb.jpg.aaceb7db74e9f538af8ef92ce450dd32.jpg

Now I need to try an A380 and a Dreamliner

• Like 2

I don’t remember which ad I saw where each pax had a separate room, not just a pod or cubicle.
The only drawback to our Upper Class was that our backs were to the windows as we were in a herringbone pattern.
Can’t see anything on most of an over the water flight, but I enjoy seeing the airport coming closer and closer and I always loved seeing the hedgerows coming into Heathrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Update

Pulled the trigger. Bought a place in Central Florida, but keeping the condo as our summer beach house.🏖

Did the same thing 10 years ago when we purchased our house, had to sell the condo last year because the taxes doubled, insurance company required that the sliding glass doors and windows be replaced to comply with the new hurricane requirements.  Also, the elevators had to be replaced which resulted in a hefty special assessment, then the A/C went out and

the POA's kept going up every year.  

6 hours ago, JamesEM said:

Did the same thing 10 years ago when we purchased our house, had to sell the condo last year because the taxes doubled, insurance company required that the sliding glass doors and windows be replaced to comply with the new hurricane requirements.  Also, the elevators had to be replaced which resulted in a hefty special assessment, then the A/C went out and

the POA's kept going up every year.  

Thanks, we're doing the assessment thing now.

I'm sure another isn't far away. 

Last item to fix that's my responsibility is the water heater. Should have done that during the remodel in 2018

On 3/24/2020 at 9:51 PM, John&LaLa said:

An owner has to match the contract. Some buyers try and use wording in the contract that is difficult to match. They have ten days to assume it. The HOA president will post an anouncement as soon as someone submits a valid contract. 

What does this mean, 'owner has to match the contract'?