Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
John&LaLa

⭐Live Allure TA 🚢 March 1, 2020 - Time to rub the lamp 🧞

Recommended Posts

@John&LaLa what are your thoughts on amplification?  I have the RLS booked for January '21 and a big part of the reason I booked Allure was because of the amplification and refreshment of an older gal.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Andy C said:

@John&LaLa what are your thoughts on amplification?  I have the RLS booked for January '21 and a big part of the reason I booked Allure was because of the amplification and refreshment of an older gal.  

 

I don't think they'll do it, unless it stays in the Med this winter. And if that's the case, your January trip is toast.

 

My thought process is they have a ton of capacity already in Florida, so just leave Allure in Europe and hope for a lucrative summer in 2021.

 

With kids going you definitely need an amped Allure

Edited by John&LaLa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why would they leave Allure in the Med when Harmony is going over next year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would say the entire schedule is meaningless now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What would the odds of getting a refund be?  Or at least transferring my deposit to another sailing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Pratique said:

Why would they leave Allure in the Med when Harmony is going over next year?

I didn’t think Harmony was going to the Med in the Winter. Typically in March. So if Allure got Amped in the Winter, it could make it back for the Spring. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Pratique said:

Why would they leave Allure in the Med when Harmony is going over next year?

 

Pent up demand, plus a lot of the amped pieces are sitting in Spain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

I would say the entire schedule is meaningless now.

 

True, but Harmony does need to go over for 5 year inspections 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I didn’t think Harmony was going to the Med in the Winter. Typically in March. So if Allure got Amped in the Winter, it could make it back for the Spring. 

 

I think she's headed over in April. 

That was when Allure was going to PC

Then Allure would leave and go to Galveston 

And Harmony back to PC

 

Now Allure probably not going to Galveston due to no new terminal

Edited by John&LaLa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Andy C said:

What would the odds of getting a refund be?  

Pretty good, if RCI cancels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

 

I think she's headed over in April. 

I was taking up for you. Lol. Is April the Winter?  You said if Allure stayed in the Med for the Winter. I think. Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I was taking up for you. Lol. Is April the Winter?  You said if Allure stayed in the Med for the Winter. I think. Lol

 

Harmony goes to Spain in April 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Andy C said:

What would the odds of getting a refund be?  Or at least transferring my deposit to another sailing?

Cruise with confidence policy only extends until Sept 1.  Moving or cancelling will incur a $100pp change fee.

 

No guarantees that Royal will extend the CWC to January.

 

You may have a good chance of getting the fee waived due to no amplification and the fact that you are Star class.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

 

Pent up demand, plus a lot of the amped pieces are sitting in Spain.

A lot of assumptions there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Allure is already booked for the Caribbean this winter. Where is the pent up demand in the Med if nothing was on the books for Allure over there? I'm not following your logic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pratique said:

Allure is already booked for the Caribbean this winter. Where is the pent up demand in the Med if nothing was on the books for Allure over there? I'm not following your logic.

Sounds like a challenge. 
 

Waiting for reply. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As of now nothing has changed beyond June. If Allure gets into dry dock this summer and then picks up the existing schedule then that would be the most likely outcome. Everything else is pure speculation at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Pratique said:

Allure is already booked for the Caribbean this winter. Where is the pent up demand in the Med if nothing was on the books for Allure over there? I'm not following your logic.


Allure is the only ship that has made it over to Europe on a transatlantic , all others cancelled and the ships still over the other side of the pond .

Bookings over here with no ships  , Allure is here, could transfer those bookings if guests were offered it . Pent up demand . 
There are more than enough ships over in America to transfer the winter Allure Caribbean bookings . The schedules are screwed anyway and can be changed .
Just my observations.
 

Edited by heatherb1958

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pratique said:

A lot of assumptions there.

 

That's what we do around here, and I never said other wise. 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pratique said:

Allure is already booked for the Caribbean this winter. Where is the pent up demand in the Med if nothing was on the books for Allure over there? I'm not following your logic.

 

I thought I was clear.

 

My thought process is they have a ton of capacity already in Florida, so just leave Allure in Europe and hope for a lucrative summer in 2021.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Pratique said:

As of now nothing has changed beyond June. If Allure gets into dry dock this summer and then picks up the existing schedule then that would be the most likely outcome. Everything else is pure speculation at this point.

 

In my amateur opinion, the Med this summer is done. Stick a fork in it. Royal is just slowly removing the bandage.

Edited by John&LaLa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

My thought process is they have a ton of capacity already in Florida, so just leave Allure in Europe and hope for a lucrative summer in 2021.

I wonder what it costs to replace all the greenery in the CP.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Sounds like a challenge. 
 

Waiting for reply. 

 

Just go back and read post 2003

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...