Would you push out your sailing with Virgin?

nerea22x

I’m in a bit of a predicament here, I have an April sailing booked and it seems Virgin is allowing me to push out the cruise until over a year, quite frankly I’m not sure what to do. I’ve been so excited for the cruise, however, with the current Coronavirus situation ongoing, I’m not sure what to do. The thing is, I like to travel completely relaxed and, unfortunately, this situation is only heightening my anxiety. Certainly, the media blows things out of proportion, however, I’ve already read about several cruises being turned away in Caribbean ports. I know the Scarlet Lady is entirely new and beautiful ship I’m not sure I’d like to be sailing around with no destination (I understand this may sound like a delight to some) but this is only my second cruise.

I have no worries about the virus and the cruise actually because I truly believe VV will do everything in their power to avoid this. If anything I’m worried about flying to Miami and being in such tight quarters on a plane. Coupled with the anxiety of the port being stressful with having temperature checks and so forth.

22 minutes ago, AlyssaJames said:

Can you give more details on this? Why/how are they offering this to you?

I just called and they said that they could push it out well over a year. I'm assuming they made some changes though due to the situation. Before they told me that I was unable to push out within the 45 day window but I called today and I was able to push it out until over a year. Still haven't pushed it out though. 

Edited by nerea22x

10 minutes ago, nerea22x said:

I just called and they said that they could push it out well over a year. I'm assuming they made some changes though due to the situation. Before they told me that I was unable to push out within the 45 day window but I called today and I was able to push it out until over a year. Still haven't pushed it out though. 

Oh, okay. I thought they were proactively offering/recommending it to you, or maybe you were coming from an affected area.

I'm in 'wait and see' mode for next month. I don't see a real reason to cancel on my own and take the financial hit, and don't feel like listening to that one single song VV plays on hold. 🙂 If things become dire, my flights and the cruise will be canceled anyway. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, nerea22x said:

I’m in a bit of a predicament here, I have an April sailing booked and it seems Virgin is allowing me to push out the cruise until over a year, quite frankly I’m not sure what to do. I’ve been so excited for the cruise, however, with the current Coronavirus situation ongoing, I’m not sure what to do. The thing is, I like to travel completely relaxed and, unfortunately, this situation is only heightening my anxiety. Certainly, the media blows things out of proportion, however, I’ve already read about several cruises being turned away in Caribbean ports. I know the Scarlet Lady is entirely new and beautiful ship I’m not sure I’d like to be sailing around with no destination (I understand this may sound like a delight to some) but this is only my second cruise.

I have no worries about the virus and the cruise actually because I truly believe VV will do everything in their power to avoid this. If anything I’m worried about flying to Miami and being in such tight quarters on a plane. Coupled with the anxiety of the port being stressful with having temperature checks and so forth.

I read quite a bit of anxiety in your words.  Given the cruise is for your enjoyment, wouldn't you rather wait until you felt you could really enjoy the experience without worry?