Spring Break First Time Cruise

lovetotraveltx

Not much difference between the mainstream cruise lines. All three have several kids clubs organized by age group, and they keep them busy.

You might want to look at it from the point of view of the ship size at those ports. NCL has Getaway at New Orleans right now, a large ship with tons of activities to keep kids busy. RCCL sails a large ship out of Galveston, I believe. I don't think Carnival has their large new ships at either of those ports.

The larger, newer ships tend to have more outdoor activities (rock walls, rope courses, multiple water slides, etc) then the older smaller ships. So if your kids need or like that sort of thing, you'd want to go on a large newer ship. 

21 minutes ago, VideoTech said:

Not much difference between the mainstream cruise lines. All three have several kids clubs organized by age group, and they keep them busy.

You might want to look at it from the point of view of the ship size at those ports. NCL has Getaway at New Orleans right now, a large ship with tons of activities to keep kids busy. RCCL sails a large ship out of Galveston, I believe. I don't think Carnival has their large new ships at either of those ports.

The larger, newer ships tend to have more outdoor activities (rock walls, rope courses, multiple water slides, etc) then the older smaller ships. So if your kids need or like that sort of thing, you'd want to go on a large newer ship. 

Carnival Vista sails out of Galveston which is their newest class.  Also the Dream is one of their better ships.