Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hubby and I are on the Enchantment of the Seas.  We could SEE Costa Maya, but overhead announcement, port cancelled.  Rumor is MSC ship denied in Cozumel due to sick passenger, then also heard they were allowed to dock but no passengers could get off ship.  
 

We are headed back to Cozumel for an overnight.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Surprised they didn't say why.  Subtly ask around the crew.  If enough give the same answer it might even be right.

 

There was an MSC ship denied into Jamaica and Grand Cayman but I never heard what happened to them in Cozumel.  Not sure how that impacts Enchantment at Costa Maya.  There's gotta be more to it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The MSC ship in Coz will leave tonight for Miami after guests enjoyed today on the island. The two sick persons just had the ordinary flu. For whatever reason they are by passing the stop at their private island.

R&D

Link to post
Share on other sites

All staff are giving the same story.  We got to port and another ship was in our spot.  I saw a Norwegian and Carnival.  Did not look as if the Carnival was scheduled to be in port today.  Met a couple in the Concierge Lounge who seems to know quite a bit.  Will see if she has any more info.  The Concierge did not have much info to offer.  He was busy trying to help with alternate plans.  
It just seems odd that we would not find out until we were ready to dock.  If another ship had to dock due to emergency or something, I would think they would advise the other ship of that before they made it to port.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

We’re on board too but haven’t  heard the real story either.  Disappointed because we had planned !Maya Chen today but that’s the way it goes sometimes. I’m sure Cozumel will like a ship load of people in their bars tonight. 

Edited by cruiselvr04
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, cruiselvr04 said:

We’re on board too but haven’t  heard the real story either.  Disappointed because we had planned !Maya Chen today but that’s the way it goes sometimes. I’m sure Cozumel will like a ship load of people in their bars tonight. 

 

27 minutes ago, DEBCAT65 said:

All staff are giving the same story.  We got to port and another ship was in our spot.  I saw a Norwegian and Carnival.  Did not look as if the Carnival was scheduled to be in port today.  Met a couple in the Concierge Lounge who seems to know quite a bit.  Will see if she has any more info.  The Concierge did not have much info to offer.  He was busy trying to help with alternate plans.  
It just seems odd that we would not find out until we were ready to dock.  If another ship had to dock due to emergency or something, I would think they would advise the other ship of that before they made it to port.  

If you find out, post back. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, davekathy said:

 

If you find out, post back. 

Just told by server in Viking that there was some sort of miscommunication.  Really???  How does this happen!!  All online resources show Enchantment scheduled and NOTHING from Carnival.  We are disappointed, too.  We travel to Cozumel frequently for All inclusive stays, and could have done so for less than the cost of this cruise.  We were looking forward to diving in Costa Maya.  I am understanding, but this does not make any sense to me.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

 

No idea.  I am onboard and no explanation.  Not sure HOW this happens.  We got to port and saw the 3 ships there.  We were turned away and due to dock in Cozumel between 6-7 tonight.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

To those on board, sorry to hear of your issue.  That’s disappointing and ridiculous.  To those on board, is there currently free “soft serve” “ice cream” available on Enchantment? I don’t see it on deck plan, and while I found a post from 2005 saying it was removed, I also found a post from 2016 saying all ships had it.  Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, psujmatt said:

To those on board, sorry to hear of your issue.  That’s disappointing and ridiculous.  To those on board, is there currently free “soft serve” “ice cream” available on Enchantment? I don’t see it on deck plan, and while I found a post from 2005 saying it was removed, I also found a post from 2016 saying all ships had it.  Thanks!

Yes there is.  Chocolate, vanilla, swirl, and strawberry.  It’s outside the Windjammer.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, so I got confirmation from an employee who has a friend who works on Carnival Freedom.  He said that Freedom was unable to tender into Belize due to wheather issues.  They were given permission to dock in Costa Maya.  This took our spot due to the size of ships in port.  They can only handle 4 ships if they are smaller.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DEBCAT65 said:

Ok, so I got confirmation from an employee who has a friend who works on Carnival Freedom.  He said that Freedom was unable to tender into Belize due to wheather issues.  They were given permission to dock in Costa Maya.  This took our spot due to the size of ships in port.  They can only handle 4 ships if they are smaller.  

 

Interesting.  Perhaps. like San Juan, Royal should boycott Costa Maya for a while.  What's the point of advertising a port of call that will arbitrarily take a bribe from someone else at the last minute?

Link to post
Share on other sites

What a crock.  We were on LIberty when we couldn't dock at Roatan because MSC Armonia took out the dock.  Captain said there was no space available any where so we had to have a sea day. Seems like RCCL is the kicking dog.

 

As far as someone asking about port taxes.  Since they didn't dock taxes to the port are not owed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Junkhouse said:

What a crock.  We were on LIberty when we couldn't dock at Roatan because MSC Armonia took out the dock.  Captain said there was no space available any where so we had to have a sea day. Seems like RCCL is the kicking dog.

 

As far as someone asking about port taxes.  Since they didn't dock taxes to the port are not owed.

We did get a refund of our port taxes and an OBC.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Junkhouse said:

We only got OBC for port taxes and our shore excursion at Roatan.

That sucks!  We got port taxes, excursions and OBC ranging from $50-100 per cabin. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with RiverCruising.co.uk
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...