Trip Insurance Store/TravelSafe

beshears

It is about 2 weeks until we will be cruising.  As most everyone knows, the Coronaviris is widespread. I took out insurance coverage for flight/cruise on 8 of us several months ago.  Recently when the Coronaviris came out, I received an email from Trip Insurance Store, that they would NOT cover anything that had to do with the Coronaviris.  I'm just curious to know if anyone else took out the Trip Insurance Store/TravelSafe insurance, and received a notification like this.  Or if you have another insurance coverage, did you received a notification like this?

I believe you misread or misunderstood what the letter is saying.

Travel insurance companies took a hard stand on a cutoff date. That date is sometime in late Jan 2020.

If you purchased the policy before the Coronavirus became a named/known worldwide health hazard, then cancellations due to Coronavirus would be a covered reason. If the policy was purchased after that cutoff date, the it would not be a covered reason.

They are treating this like a hurricane or natural disaster. Once it’s out, you can’t purchase for protection. Can only cover unknown possibilities. Not known future events.

• Like 1

Virus breakout is a typical force major circumstance. Your evacuation and treatment has to and must be covered. Lawfully they cannot deny you in the insurance matters. The only thing they can do it (or could do) is inform you about cancelation of your insurance. If they didnt do it, then you are totally covered 

• Thanks 1

Thank you for your replies, and maybe I took/read it wrong.  I did take the insurance coverage out "before" this Coronaviris ever came out, so hopefully, if something did happen in regard to this, we will be covered.

18 minutes ago, beshears said:

Thank you for your replies, and maybe I took/read it wrong.  I did take the insurance coverage out "before" this Coronaviris ever came out, so hopefully, if something did happen in regard to this, we will be covered.

If you did buy it from tripinsurancestore.com, I’m sure a quick call into Becky or Steve tomorrow or Monday will help clear up any misunderstanding.

• Thanks 1

On 2/28/2020 at 1:06 PM, beshears said:

It is about 2 weeks until we will be cruising.  As most everyone knows, the Coronaviris is widespread. I took out insurance coverage for flight/cruise on 8 of us several months ago.  Recently when the Coronaviris came out, I received an email from Trip Insurance Store, that they would NOT cover anything that had to do with the Coronaviris.  I'm just curious to know if anyone else took out the Trip Insurance Store/TravelSafe insurance, and received a notification like this.  Or if you have another insurance coverage, did you received a notification like this?

Hi beshears,

It's possible the email you are referring to is my Blog because that is the only email I've sent about the Coronavirus. If you received it on Feb 5, 2020, that is when I wrote about the Coronavirus. I didn't say there was no coverage for the Coronavirus. I continually update that Blog post, so it's worth checking it now and then.

• Thanks 1

Thank you for your postings. We are not planning on anything going wrong, but if it does, hopefully (???) we will be covered!  We have two weeks, and then we'll SEE what is going on, unless we hear something before that time.