Cancel or Go? For sailings between now and July 30, 2020?

Sam.Seattle

Cancel or Go (for people with valid cruises book from now through July 30, 2020)  

688 members have voted

1. 1. Will you go or cancel your valid booked cruise between now and July 30, 2020?

• I am going to cancel and forefit any deposits and payments.
    • Count me in! I am going as long as Celebrity does not cancel.
    • I am so confused I can't make a decesion yet.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/15/2020 at 11:18 PM

11 minutes ago, barb-ottawa said:

A poster above says they spoke to Celebrity today and they said it applies to sailings from April 1st to July 31st. I hope not !

As is frequently the case CSR people don't know what they are talking about especially when it's an hours old policy.

https://presscenter.rclcorporate.com/press-release/72/royal-caribbean-group-adopts-ldquocruise-with-confidencerdquo-policy-allowing-cancellations-up-to-48-hours-before-sailing/

The policy applies to all cruises with a sailing date on or before July 31, 2020, and will be offered by the company’s global brands: Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, Azamara and Silversea. Full details of the “Cruise with Confidence” policy can be found at the respective brand websites.

It would make zero sense to leave customers booked the month of March hung out to dry.

Edited by dasmonkey
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Hllb said:

The statement definitely does not say that and others have gotten the FCC for March sailings.

Just checked on the Celebrity Facebook page and it does not mention anything about sailings from April 1st so I am relieved and will most likely cancel as both my husband and I have underlying conditions that make us vulnerable. Better safe than sorry.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, barb-ottawa said:

Just checked on the Celebrity Facebook page and it does not mention anything about sailings from April 1st so I am relieved and will most likely cancel as both my husband and I have underlying conditions that make us vulnerable. Better safe than sorry.

Definitely a good idea in your case.  Good luck!

3 minutes ago, dasmonkey said:

As is frequently the case CSR people don't know what they are talking about especially when it's an hours old policy.

https://presscenter.rclcorporate.com/press-release/72/royal-caribbean-group-adopts-ldquocruise-with-confidencerdquo-policy-allowing-cancellations-up-to-48-hours-before-sailing/

The policy applies to all cruises with a sailing date on or before July 31, 2020, and will be offered by the company’s global brands: Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, Azamara and Silversea. Full details of the “Cruise with Confidence” policy can be found at the respective brand websites.

It would make zero sense to leave customers booked the month of March hung out to dry.

What about someone like me who leaves in 24hrs. I tried cancelling this morning before the announcement and they said no.

1 minute ago, Not a username2 said:

What about someone like me who leaves in 24hrs. I tried cancelling this morning before the announcement and they said no.

The policy does say 48 hours notice.  BUT, someone posted elsewhere they WERE able to cancel and get the FCC for a cruise leaving tomorrow.  It's a new policy and if one says no, hang up and call back again.  I would imagine they are going the extra mile to keep people happy at this point.  Their goal isn't to alienate customers right now. 

22 minutes ago, Not a username2 said:

Call again - ask for a supervisor - don't hang up until you get one.  If you really want to cancel they should be able to make that happen.  it's absurd to make you travel because they took their time making this decision.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, barb-ottawa said:

A poster above says they spoke to Celebrity today and they said it applies to sailings from April 1st to July 31st. I hope not !

The credit pertains to any cruise from this moment until July 31, 2020 - as long as you cancel 48 hours in advance.  Here's the quote from the press release, which is on the Celebrity website:

2 hours ago, Not a username2 said:

Call again. You get different answers from different CSR.

Ask for a supervisor.

Ask for "escalations".

3 hours ago, Not a username2 said:

Call Again & escalate through Rep to SPVSR to MGR to DIR as needed to get the correct answer...

Hey all,

Question if anyone has already cancelled an upcoming cruise under this new Celebrity policy... 

Did you have to re-schedule the replacement cruise upon cancelling, or do you get a credit and can select the new cruise later?  Thanks! 

Given the Princess Test results just released, I am waiting on cancelling because my bet is on that the Cruiseline will have to cancel and fully refund. Just my 2 cents! And which is nothing more than a gut feel in the latest Princess ship involvement. Like many other industries have been forced to do, which is a temporary closure, I think the cruiseline industry is next.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Islander500 said:

Hey all,

Question if anyone has already cancelled an upcoming cruise under this new Celebrity policy... 

Did you have to re-schedule the replacement cruise upon cancelling, or do you get a credit and can select the new cruise later?  Thanks! 

According to the policy (I have not cancelled myself), you have a year to use the credit. 

We cancelled our March 8 Edge Cruise.   We must rebook by December 2020 and cruise by December 2021.  After I got through there was not a problem...got an email conformation immediately. Even got our credits back.

What would a problem on the Grand Princess have to do with Celebrity?   A problem on the West Coast on another line does not impact Celebrity.   Those folks will be docking in California and will get two weeks in quarantine courtesy of the U.S. government.  So don’t count on a cruise cancellation by Celebrity.   If you are a senior or have pre existing health conditions stay home.   Great Britain has advised all seniors to stay home as they are most at risk.   Make your own decision.   

16 minutes ago, Covepointcruiser said:

What would a problem on the Grand Princess have to do with Celebrity?   A problem on the West Coast on another line does not impact Celebrity.   

That's a very narrow perspective and the markets, the consumers, and the government take a very different view. 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Covepointcruiser said:

What would a problem on the Grand Princess have to do with Celebrity?   A problem on the West Coast on another line does not impact Celebrity.   Those folks will be docking in California and will get two weeks in quarantine courtesy of the U.S. government.  So don’t count on a cruise cancellation by Celebrity.   If you are a senior or have pre existing health conditions stay home.   Great Britain has advised all seniors to stay home as they are most at risk.   Make your own decision.   

If you can't figure that out then I can't help you much.  

• Like 1

On 2/29/2020 at 11:28 AM, Sam.Seattle said:

Coronavirus news is the leading story this week.  I am curious what us folks holding valid cruise reservations are doing?

I am booked for an April sailing and at this moment plan on going!  What about the rest you Celebrity cruisers?

Not taking any chances—cancelled everything Celebrity is FANTASTIC, voucher for a future cruise, which we use when all this stuff is over!

We will likely cancel our Reflection April 13 sailing.  It's 5 weeks out so we'll wait until a week before.  Hate to do it but quarantine is too much of a worry.  I don't mind the virus but they dont seem to know what to do with 3000 people if a few get the virus. It'll be a week before they can even test these poor people on the Grand Princess, then another week before they can get them off to who knows where.  It's just a big cluster.

19 hours ago, Not a username2 said:

Call and say you have a fever.....102 -- what should you do? They'll tell you to stay home and give you a FCC

• Like 1

We are just waiting on American Airlines, since we booked a non-refundable flight to Barcelona and leaving out of Rome. We don’t sail until June 20, so I imagine they are just taking it month to month. It’s very reassuring to know Celebrity is being pro-active.  I suppose anything could happen from now until June, but we have anticipated a postponement to visiting Europe.

15 hours ago, Islander500 said:

Hey all,

Just cancelled today, very easy and no you do not have to rebook.