Travel advisory for Italy raised to level 3 by CDC same as China

cruisepsycho

Well it’s happened. Now CDC is advising no non essential travel to Italy due to Covid-19. There goes my med cruise on Ovation in May.This is massive for the cruise industry. How will Seabourn respond. Your guesses are as good as mine. Buckle up fellow cruisers. We may be in for a wild ride!

2 hours ago, cruisepsycho said:

At the risk of sounding alarmist, Forbes is reporting that British Airways is canceling over 50 flights from London to Italy, and Trump Administration is considering new travel restriction to Italy as well.  Things here are progressing rapidly.

Here is a link to the Forbes article: https://www.forbes.com/sites/isabeltogoh/2020/02/28/airlines-cancel-flights-to-italy-as-coronavirus-hampers-demand/#50b68f6c2545

13 hours ago, artlee said:

We are doing a transatlantic from Miami to Barcelona in April. I am going to be so disappointed if doesn't go. Fingers crossed for us all.

I am on this one, on the Quest?  Just wondering why it wouldn't go ahead as it's not going to Italy?  

I didn't consider there would be a problem as ports of call are Funchal, Tangier and Espana, with Espana being the only place with confirmed cases and no fatalities, but I do appreciate it is a very fluid situation.  Yes, I have everything crossed!  

Mauzac, 

I am still thinking it will be a go. As of this morning 58 cases in all of Spain, not sure how many in Barcelona specifically. I am thinking our port of calls would be marginally impacted but who knows. For us the sea days are what we love most, so if we miss a port it would not be a deal breaker. We live an hour or so from Miami so its an easy trip to the ship. However we were planning a 2 week trek through Europe going to Switzerland (home of our honeymoon 42 years ago) and ending in Paris to visit our son and family. We have been planning for a while so it would be a disappointment but could be duplicated down the road. Are you flying in from the UK to catch the  cruise? 

1 hour ago, artlee said:

Mauzac, 

I am still thinking it will be a go. As of this morning 58 cases in all of Spain, not sure how many in Barcelona specifically. I am thinking our port of calls would be marginally impacted but who knows. For us the sea days are what we love most, so if we miss a port it would not be a deal breaker. We live an hour or so from Miami so its an easy trip to the ship. However we were planning a 2 week trek through Europe going to Switzerland (home of our honeymoon 42 years ago) and ending in Paris to visit our son and family. We have been planning for a while so it would be a disappointment but could be duplicated down the road. Are you flying in from the UK to catch the  cruise? 

Totally agree with you Artlee.  There is only one case in Barcelona and they are home isolated, but 5 in Catalonia, which does cover a large area so I am hopeful with everything crossed!  We have just got back from Spain a few days ago, and apart of anti bac in the airports, life was as normal.  

We embark in Manaus 2 weeks before, flying in from UK yes.  Not an easy journey, 2 changes and nearly 18 hours!  And it is quite a full on itinerary before we get to Miami so we are very much looking forward to the sea days to chill out.  

I do hope you manage your trip through Europe and a chance to see your son in Paris 🙂