Does Golden Princess have on demand TV?

hubble

I'm thinking about taking a 14 night Alaska cruise from LA in May on the Golden.  I know the ship is not getting MedallionNet since it is going to P&O later this year, but  do they have the larger flat screen TVs with on demand programming? We had that on our last cruise on the Caribbean Princess and loved it.  My husband is disabled, and requires plenty of downtime throughout the day.  He really enjoyed being able to start a movie anytime he wanted to without having to look at a guide and coordinating when he needed to be available to start a program he was interested in.  If anyone has been on board recently please let me know.  We'll likely be booking an outside cabin if that makes a difference.  Thanks!

We were on the Golden Jan 23. Large flat screen. No on demand tv and the remote was odd with no numbers on it, you had to scroll.  We weren't personally impressed with the programming either as my husband likes movies.  First time in years we left the tv off before bedtime and read books. Sorry I don't have better news.

Thank you both for your replies.  Happy at least it is the larger TV, but to bad there is no on demand.  I kind of expected that without the ship having the upgraded wi-fi either.  In the past we've loaded movies on a tablet and plugged it in through the HDMI to watch.  At least that seems to be an option with the new TVs.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hubble said:

In the past we've loaded movies on a tablet and plugged it in through the HDMI to watch.  At least that seems to be an option with the new TVs.  

There is a toggle underneath the LG logo at the front of the TV that you can use to switch the input. 

Screenshot_20200301-074630_Gallery.jpg

Edited by andlep
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, andlep said:

There is a toggle underneath the LG logo at the front of the TV that you can use to switch the input. 

Screenshot_20200301-074630_Gallery.jpg

Sometimes that switch is a little touchy & you'll have to try several times to get it to work properly.