Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
jimmyjackson

We just boarded the Seaside

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, travelberlin said:

Where are you sailing? MSC is not letting Italians on board? 300 plus people are too many to come from those quarantined towns in Italy. It would be nice if you could post anything you learn about this situation. Thank you!


It’s more than those select towns. On another board a passenger from Sardinia reported being  denied boarding. I think it might be all of Italy. I’m seeing a rumor posted that islands in the Caribbean will not let a ship dock if there are Italian (and I assume Chinese) passengers on board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, cruisingnewtoit said:

On Mera in Venchi no drinks were ncluded with our Premium Plus Package. Staff said it was because they were franchised. 

Meraviglia doesn't have a Venchi.  It has a Jean Phillips.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, nednrom said:

Meraviglia doesn't have a Venchi.  It has a Jean Phillips.

 

Sorry my fault I meant the chocolate shop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, jimmyjackson said:

We got to the port around 11am. We are staying in an inside YC room, the process was great getting on the ship. I thought it might be delayed or take longer with everything going on but we were in the waiting area for maybe 15 minutes before boarding the ship. 
 

They are checking passports along with the thermal scan and a health form to fill out. There was an Italian couple that came to the YC tent right after us and I heard the attendant tell a coworker that they weren’t allowing people with an Italian passport to board the ship due to the Coronavirus outbreak in Italy. They sent them to a different area, I haven’t seen them onboard yet so not sure what happened to them. 
 

I can also confirm chocolate martinis and gelato at Venchi are still included with YC. Mini bar is also fully stocked. This is my first time with MSC and an experience like YC. Great initial impressions and experience. 

Thank you for the information and have a great time!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, ronbe65 said:

Thanks for the report.

Enjoy your cruise on the Headway Ship of 2020.

 

Happy cruising!

 

It appears title is very misleading. Unless I'm wrong, the title of "headway ship of 2020" was a title granted by a dude with a youtube channel (you).  This isn't a title recognized by any cruise authority. It's not any kind of official award. You are just a regular cruiser with a youtube channel who decided bestow a made up title upon Seaside/Seaview and post the title any chance you can get on various forums.

 

If I am mistaken, please correct me. If I am not mistaken, I call BS. I believe you are intentionally misleading consumers in order to gain more youtube traffic. Certainly the public has a right to know there is no such thing as a 'headway ship'.

 

Again, if I am incorrect, please accept my apologies in advance. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hi BermudaBound 2014,

You are more than "incorrect": you have missed the point.

I give a link to this video after reading garbage surveys posted on MSC boards that were bashing the ship for nothing.

The worst cruise line in the world

More

MSC ranked among the worst...

Is this title/rank "recognized by any cruise authority"?

Is it an "official reward"?

Isn't it misleading?

 

I am not a fan of any cruise line.

But when I see this bashing and bashing over and over, I have to raise my voice.

There is nothing misleading in the video. It provides an explanation for what the Headway Ship means and why I give this title to the Seaside/Seaview.

Yes, I am just a regular cruiser with a youtube channel (that I found in the street probably) who is willing to share his personal cruising experience to help others get the best of their cruise vacation.

FYI those concerned about the traffic would never spend month on a single video.

I am working on the Seaside/Seaview review, and it is taking months as usual....

Hope you get it right now. No apologies needed.

 

Happy cruising!  🙂

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by ronbe65

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:


It’s more than those select towns. On another board a passenger from Sardinia reported being  denied boarding. I think it might be all of Italy. I’m seeing a rumor posted that islands in the Caribbean will not let a ship dock if there are Italian (and I assume Chinese) passengers on board.

 

MSC should update their website notice BEFORE denying people from Italy to board. If they keep doing this (banning europe countries), ships will sail empty quite soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ronbe65 said:

Hi BermudaBound 2014,

You are more than "incorrect": you have missed the point.

I give a link to this video after reading garbage surveys posted on MSC boards that were bashing the ship for nothing.

The worst cruise line in the world

More

MSC ranked among the worst...

Is this title/rank "recognized by any cruise authority"?

Is it an "official reward"?

Isn't it misleading?

 

I am not a fan of any cruise line.

But when I see this bashing and bashing over and over, I have to raise my voice.

There is nothing misleading in the video. It provides an explanation for what the Headway Ship means and why I give this title to the Seaside/Seaview.

Yes, I am just a regular cruiser with a youtube channel (that I found in the street probably) who is willing to share his personal cruising experience to help others get the best of their cruise vacation.

FYI those concerned about the traffic would never spend month on a single video.

I am working on the Seaside/Seaview review, and it is taking months as usual....

Hope you get it right now. No apologies needed.

 

Happy cruising!  🙂

 

I thought so.

 

For the record, I didn't accuse you of financially gaining from your youtube site. A site that size makes pennies, we all know that. 

 

I did accuse you of pushing CC members to your site by creating false labels for the Seaside. You don't just say you like the seaside, you have gone so far as to make up it's own award for 2020!  You have referenced seaside as a 'Headway ship in 2020" in nearly every post you make here. You mention it so often that members could easily be lead to believe the label "Headway ship 2020" has even remote validity. I call BS. It's deceptive at best.

 

Here is the title of one of your articles. I noticed on the video you now add ***by cruise admiral*****, so at least this points to the fact that you are the only one bestowing this important title :). 

image.png.863816258488dd7577d308dcea183e5e.png

 

 

By the way, in order for Seaside/Seaview to be labeled your HEADWAY SHIP OF 2020, which is, by your definition a ship with a new design worth mentioning; shouldn't you have sailed on a few  other new ships in 2020? Some might argue that Celebrity Edge is a new design worth noting. 

 

With all that said, I think you do a reasonable job with your cruise reviews. You aren't a cruiser with the level of experience as many, but you have a decent  background and a good eye for details. I suggest you may get farther with your blogging/youtube channel if you simply included a link in your signature rather than create imaginary award titles complete with a hyperlink to your video in nearly every single post you make.  

 

TO the OP: I am very sorry for going off track here. I can move this discussion to another thread that admiral has replied in. I hope you are having a marvelous time on Seaside! Please continue.......

 

 

 

Edited by BermudaBound2014

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We got to Jamaica about 8am this morning. It’s 10:30am now and we still

haven’t been cleared to get off the ship. They’ve made 3 announcements so far, no details other than we haven’t been cleared.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, jimmyjackson said:

We got to Jamaica about 8am this morning. It’s 10:30am now and we still

haven’t been cleared to get off the ship. They’ve made 3 announcements so far, no details other than we haven’t been cleared.  

 

Just know that you have a whole bunch of MSC people routing for you!!! No one wants to see another Meraviglia! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's crazy!!  What are the announcements saying?  There is no reason not to let you off.  I hope this isn't going to be the norm going forward.  I hope they let you off soon!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, puglady12 said:

That's crazy!!  What are the announcements saying?  There is no reason not to let you off.  I hope this isn't going to be the norm going forward.  I hope they let you off soon!!!!

Just saying we got to the port on time and they haven’t cleared us. Like Beardface said in his thread, they made about 3 announcements in the last hour asking for a few people specifically to go to the medical center. The last was 20 minutes ago or so. Hopefully they found them but not sure what that means for us being cleared. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/29/2020 at 7:57 PM, puglady12 said:

Yes I’m definitely going to call them. But if he doesn’t have a passport then it’s obvious he hasn’t left the country right?? 

No, all they will know is that he is choosing not to present a passport.  If I were a suspicious type I might think it is because the passport will reveal something that he doesnt want revealed.  I'd guess that will open you up to more scrutiny.  It all depends on how things continue to evolve between now and March 7th as to if this will affect your trip.

 

A bit more food for thought is that with porting denials your scheduled ports may change so you cant really say where you will end up.  And if there is some sort of medical emergency, Id want the option of flying back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/1/2020 at 12:23 AM, rkacruiser said:

 

The sailing time does seem to vary from 5:00 to 7:00.  No idea why.  When I sailed on Meraviglia on January 5th, the all aboard time was 4:30.  The daily program stated a sailaway party at 7:00.  That's when we sailed.  So, obviously, the sailing time had been decided by the Captain prior to the printing of the daily program.

 

I would have preferred to sail from Miami in daylight for sightseeing purposes.  Sailing after dark still was interesting to see the lights of the Port and the city.  

 

 

MSC sails late because they have a lot of guests who travel from Europe to join the ship - many of them fly in on the day the cruise begins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good news, we got cleared. Just got off the ship. Changed the onboard time to 6:30 pm. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those currently on the Seaside.

There is a beach ($) within a walking distance from the ship:

 

1+MSC+Jamaica.jpg

 

Happy cruising!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, jimmyjackson said:

Good news, we got cleared. Just got off the ship. Changed the onboard time to 6:30 pm. 


Any news regarding the italian passengers being not allowed to board in Miami?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, UniPac said:


Any news regarding the italian passengers being not allowed to board in Miami?

Only thing I’ve heard is that their cruise was refunded and I believe MSC paid for their airfare as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, jimmyjackson said:

Only thing I’ve heard is that their cruise was refunded and I believe MSC paid for their airfare as well. 


I am worried that MSC did not update their policy on the website. It still says you only certein regions in Italy are denied boarding. Inconsistency is not what passenger need those times.

Edited by UniPac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...