text from 812 2483043 - flight alerts:reply YES for flight notifiucation

compozer

I have not replied and so sick of unwanted texts, emails and phone calls.   Found no info when I googled the number but curious what it is and WHY I received  the text.  It is bad enough we get so many spam phone calls but now I am getting daily unwanted texts and so many political ones.

Well....do you have flights booked? Does the airline(s) have your cell phone number as a contact for you? Have you contacted that airline(s) to see if it is them?

We fly United regularly,  and get flight notices from them, both by text, and within their app. But only 24 hours out. Are you a short time from your flight?

Have to admit,  on your bare info, and without the answers to my questions, I would suspect a phishing attack. On my Android, I can block phone numbers to receive texts from. But I also carefully monitor who has my cell phone number. I have been receiving texts from "Facebook" and "Medicare", neither of which have my cell phone number...and I am not on Medicare!!!

I have three trips booked on Delta .   June, August and November.  They have my email and cell and we have been using Delta at least six times per year.  And another trip the beginning of April on American.   I was wondering if it had something to do with these flights.  First time using them in 10 years.   They have my email  - not sure if they have cell but I bet I had to list it under my frequent flyer membership.   I did receive an email message in January that the flights were changed enough that we needed to rebook them so we could make our connecting flight in Grand Cayman.  

I will call American on Monday to see if it has anything to do with them. 

Thanks for your help.

11 hours ago, compozer said:

I have three trips booked on Delta .   June, August and November.  They have my email and cell and we have been using Delta at least six times per year.  And another trip the beginning of April on American.   I was wondering if it had something to do with these flights.  First time using them in 10 years.   They have my email  - not sure if they have cell

When Delta texts or emails me, the message clearly indicates that it's from Delta.  If the message you're getting doesn't, then I almost certainly has nothing to do with the flights you have booked, assuming you booked directly with Delta.  Did you book through them?  a cruise line?  a travel agent or 3rd party like Expedia?    If you don't want the messages, block the number.

I'm surprised that Googling didn't confirm this is a known scam/spam/robocall number - came up in the first handful of hits when I tried, e.g. here on 'rang twice'

As mentioned above, texts or emails from an airline usually fall over themselves to identify who they are from and also identify which flight number they're in reference to. No harm checking your flights haven't changed again, but the text itself definitely seems to be a random phishing attempt you can safely ignore or add to your blocked number list.