Coronavirus Updates

Beachmomm

18 hours ago, KarimaJ said:

So Royal has already banned people from Italy, Iran, China, Korea from boarding. Why isn't NCl doing this as well?

If they banned people from Italy so they are not going with their ships to Italy? 

• Like 1

So I am from Washington State and with the recent deaths (most from a nursing home) and cases, will the paranoid be calling for a ban of people from our state to cruise?  This fear and paranoia is getting out of control. There are  still many more people out there with influenza and deaths from influenza just in the last couple months in the US and no one bats an eye.

• Like 8

31 minutes ago, firstimerhaven said:

They have.  It's on the NCL web site.  

Read carefully....the policies are different. One is more extensive and protective than the other.

NCL ....Guests and crew who have traveled from, visited or transited via airports in China, Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea, Iran or any municipality in Italy under a quarantine order by the Italian Government, as designated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs within 14 days of their voyage embarkation are not allowed to board

RCL.....

Until further notice, ships in the Royal Caribbean International fleet will adopt the following health screening protocols:

1. Regardless of nationality, we will deny boarding to:

a. Any guest who has travelled from, to or through mainland China, Hong Kong, China, Macau, China, Iran, South Korea, and Italy in the past 15 days.

b. Any guest who has come in contact with anyone with 15-day prior travel to mainland China, Hong Kong, China, Macau, China, Iran, South Korea, and Italy. The CDC characterizes contact with an individual as coming within six feet (2M) of a person.

9 minutes ago, Cecruise said:

We are scheduled to cruise out of Rome on 5/13.  Just found out today that DH’s workplace requires anyone that has visited Italy to quarantine themselves for 2 weeks upon return. 😩

Wow, that is a new one. If you have insurance, can you get the employer to revoke the previously approved time off? I was just doing a general review of my policy for an upcoming cruise and it seems that could be a covered reason. This is such a mess.

10 minutes ago, blcruising said:

b. Any guest who has come in contact with anyone with 15-day prior travel to mainland China, Hong Kong, China, Macau, China, Iran, South Korea, and Italy. The CDC characterizes contact with an individual as coming within six feet (2M) of a person.

How does RC intend to enforce this?  I mean, not even voluntary reporting will work because how does any person even know if they have come within six feet of someone who has traveled to these place?  Who knows who was on your flight?  Or on the bus or subway with you?  Or on-line in the grocery store?

• Like 4

Just now, firstimerhaven said:

How does RC intend to enforce this?  I mean, not even voluntary reporting will work because how does any person even know if they have come within six feet of someone who has traveled to these place?  Who knows who was on your flight?  Or on the bus or subway with you?  Or on-line in the grocery store?

Great question. I don't know. You'd have to ask Royal.

10 minutes ago, blcruising said:

Wow, that is a new one. If you have insurance, can you get the employer to revoke the previously approved time off? I was just doing a general review of my policy for an upcoming cruise and it seems that could be a covered reason. This is such a mess.

We are checking everything out right now.  At this point I don’t know what we’ll end up doing.  

We are going on a river cruise with Viking in August (in additional to our NCL cruise in April),  Just received an email from them saying we can cancel up to 24 hours prior to the cruise without penalties and reschedule within the next 2 years.  Pretty amazing to get that but I guess that is the sign of the times.  No intention of cancelling anything at this time, personally.

• Like 10

Wow that is really impressive of Viking good for them. I'm still hoping this will work out but with my Bermuda cruise next month.

yikes My cruise in September was canceled because of a Hurricane good thing I had insurance.  At least I got to stay in Miami for 10 days. This time I thought I would book before Hurricane season. I guess this is a waiting game. 

Tracie

2 hours ago, krittykat said:

We are going on a river cruise with Viking in August (in additional to our NCL cruise in April),  Just received an email from them saying we can cancel up to 24 hours prior to the cruise without penalties and reschedule within the next 2 years.  Pretty amazing to get that but I guess that is the sign of the times.  No intention of cancelling anything at this time, personally.

Very impressive of Viking.

On 3/2/2020 at 1:16 PM, GA Dave said:

The other thing to remember about the coughing and sneezing is that it is already allergy season here in the south.  Many people traveling from the north will be hit hard with the pollen counts that are near record highs in cities like here in Savannah and Houston.  Just the other day, the pollen count in Houston was 1600 and Savannah was 1100.  The air is thick with it right now and anyone with any sensitivity at all to it will be a mess.  Unfortunately, I know this first hand.  🤧

Just as a follow up, this is from The Weather Channel and reflects the up-to-date pollen index nationally.  Lucky me! 

Annotation 2020-03-03 160138.JPG

Edited by GA Dave

4 hours ago, firstimerhaven said:

I believe their passports would be stamped by the country, and that would include the date they arrived in the country. Not sure if it would include the day they left the country.

1 hour ago, Wanderinghedgehogs said:

As others have said, I am very confused at how I avoid Italy, if my cruise in May starts in Venice? As do many of the NCL cruises.

I'm  with you, we fly into Rome for two night's before doing a 10 night Mediterranean cruise with ncl. 

I really can't see how the cruises can go ahead. We fly from Australia, so I hope we know sooner rather then later. 

1 hour ago, Snowrose said:

I believe their passports would be stamped by the country, and that would include the date they arrived in the country. Not sure if it would include the day they left the country.

all

All info is stored where you traveled etc. it will show up in the passport info . they don't even have to see you passport for this info

6 hours ago, krittykat said:

This is amazing. Go Viking!

6 hours ago, Cecruise said:

We are scheduled to cruise out of Rome on 5/13.  Just found out today that DH’s workplace requires anyone that has visited Italy to quarantine themselves for 2 weeks upon return. 😩

Sounds like a great opportunity to read all the books he ever wanted to read for two weeks without interruption.

3 minutes ago, mugtech said:

Sounds like a great opportunity to read all the books he ever wanted to read for two weeks without interruption.

Unfortunately, he would have to use PTO or it would be unpaid time off.  For many reasons this would not work financially for us.

21 minutes ago, Cecruise said:

Unfortunately, he would have to use PTO or it would be unpaid time off.  For many reasons this would not work financially for us.

Same for us. IF we end up quarantined, it would completely interfere with me taking the Bar Exam in July....... I wish they'd offer like 80% refund and 20% cruise credit or something.................  100% cancellation would be great for anything Italy related.