MSC: Corona Virus and Cruising

Host Carolyn

1 hour ago, CruisingFox27 said:

We haven't received any information officially but 

https://splash247.com/uae-suspends-all-cruise-ship-operations/

Absolutely no idea what we'll do now. We were scheduled to disembark in Dubai. 

Oh boy........ Wish you all the best. Keep us posted please.

Just Tweeted by local Orlando news station....

c42OJcCX_bigger.jpg

BREAKING: The Florida Department of Health is now advising anyone who travels ANYWHERE internationally to self-isolate for 14 days upon return. This is going to have a huge impact on our workforce in Florida. #COVID19 #coronavirus

1 minute ago, EngIceDave said:

c42OJcCX_bigger.jpg

BREAKING: The Florida Department of Health is now advising anyone who travels ANYWHERE internationally to self-isolate for 14 days upon return. This is going to have a huge impact on our workforce in Florida. #COVID19 #coronavirus

Yeah, good luck with that, given a) the number of retirees who live in FL and travel internationally and b) the fact that Miami is a huge gateway to the Caribbean, South America, etc. Furthermore, I know PLENTY of Europeans who spend vacation time in Florida. This will be next to impossible to implement, in my opinion.

5 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

Yeah, good luck with that, given a) the number of retirees who live in FL and travel internationally and b) the fact that Miami is a huge gateway to the Caribbean, South America, etc. Furthermore, I know PLENTY of Europeans who spend vacation time in Florida. This will be next to impossible to implement, in my opinion.

They advised it, didn't call for mandatory

Our first cruise is scheduled to sail out of Miami on 29th March. We’ve purposely held back on loading up on excursions etc in case we have to cancel. 
With the UK govt unlikely to advise against travel to the US/Caribbean we stand to loose a considerable sum on flights, cruise and hotels. 
Ofcourse we don’t have to cancel, but with 2 children and my Wife being asthmatic I am leaning more and more to taking the responsible decision and cancelling. 
It was intended to be a holiday of a lifetime for us all, but ultimately life and health is more important. 
The irony is my last chance of a cruise from UK to Australia on P&O’s Orianna back in 1978 was cancelled at the last minute due to a family illness. 

Edited by Amion68
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, EngIceDave said:

c42OJcCX_bigger.jpg

But the Virus is already there! What is the point?

2 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

That is excellent news for you! Congrats

We expected very bad news but it, at present means we will be in Dubai to fly home. I thought it would be worse to be honest. I've separated the onboard experience as excellent but the itinerary changes are another issue. 

• Like 2

Anyone else on here booked to travel out from the UK to the US for a Caribbean cruise over the next 2/4 weeks?

We're booked on to MSC Meraviglia on 29/03 (out of Miami) and it seems completely up in the air now whether we will 'be able to' go. 

Trump's ban on EU travel to the US has not been extended to the UK as yet, but I expect the probability of the ban extending to the UK over the next few weeks to be probable as Covid-19 cases in the country  increase.

As for MSC there is very little guidance on their website, and the option to re-schedule only seems to be open to US customers.  

Edited by Amion68
  • Like 1

We successfully disembarked in Dubai, very surprised by the lack of screening anywhere. Nothing at the port and nothing in the City when we visited in the previous days. Absolutely nothing at Dubai airport, which considering it's a major travel hub I was very surprised about.  Although absolutely nothing visible when we arrived in Dublin either. 

Haven't yet been able to catch up with all of the changes and cancellations as travelling but surely expecting more cruises to stop. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CruisingFox27 said:

We successfully disembarked in Dubai, very surprised by the lack of screening anywhere. Nothing at the port and nothing in the City when we visited in the previous days. Absolutely nothing at Dubai airport, which considering it's a major travel hub I was very surprised about.  Although absolutely nothing visible when we arrived in Dublin either. 

Haven't yet been able to catch up with all of the changes and cancellations as travelling but surely expecting more cruises to stop. 

Did they give you a refund for all the disruption like royal Caribbean and other lines did?

Friends checked with TA at 9.15 today re their Caribbean cruise on Preziosa next Tuesday, they were told all OK but not calling at Martinique. 

They have had  a call at 12.30 cruise cancelled --this is a round trip from Barbados and flights from LGW organised by MSC. 

It goes to show decisions being made and things are happening every minute!!!

4 hours ago, CruisingFox27 said:

We were screened by ship crew for temperature checks on Bellissima as we got on and off at ports on our B2B 8th to 22nd February

Agree nothing at Dubai airport or LHR

Edited by emmas gran