Getting to Horseshoe Early in the AM?

sjmbruce

My husband and I are talking about booking one of those overnight Bermuda cruises (2 half days, one full day). We haven't decided yet but I'm already in planning mode 😆

I'd like to get some good pictures of Horseshoe Beach before it gets crowded and am willing to wake up super early on day two or three to get there before the masses. Will there be transportation available when the sun comes up or should I try to find a private ride there?

I'm not sure yet if we'd continue on with our day or go back to the ship to drop off our camera equipment. I'd like to bring our nice/expensive camera with us the entire day, but it's kind of bulky and we're most likely going to be swimming and snorkeling with no place to store it.  Even though it'd waste time, we'll probably  head back to the ship after getting pictures of Horseshoe, bring the camera back to the room, and head out. 

Taxis generally start showing up in numbers between 8 and 9. If you want to go earlier than that you should prearrange a taxi pick up. For friends who had an early mass they had a pick up at 7:30. Ditto for a friend with an early golf t time. I walked off the ship to keep them company and the only taxis there early were prearranged. 

The facilities open at 9:00 at Horseshoe so it is pretty empty until then as that is when people start arriving. 

Edited by Charles4515