HERO sailings

cruise kitty

On a more positive note,  my daughter & SIL were supposed to be going to Europe over her spring break, they felt uncomfortable with the uncertainty in Italy, so they switched to a Hawaii cruise with X instead.  On Friday they received an email from X with offerings for the Hero promotional sailings..  (He's a police officer)  It's actually pretty amazing...  they get two cabins (they are taking our other daughter & SIL) in AQ class (it was a first come, first served basis)  drinks package, gratuities, internet all included.  

Suites weren't on offer & I'm speculating that those are going to be for special invited guests, perhaps some police chiefs or fire captains from towns most impacted by the fires, or maybe military service persons  who received recognition for going above & beyond duty.  

Anyway, I think this is incredibly generous of Celebrity & they are looking forward to an unexpected & very welcome weekend of relaxation & probably some serious celebrating as well.    

Well done Celebrity :)

Edited by cruise kitty
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Only limitation is that they reduced the free options from cruises in March and April as originally anounced to just three two day cruises. All other and slightly longer cruises became revenue cruises again.

16 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

Only limitation is that they reduced the free options from cruises in March and April as originally anounced to just three two day cruises. All other and slightly longer cruises became revenue cruises again.

from what I understand they are donating some of the proceeds from the revenue cruises to charities that benefit fire victims & first responders...  has that changed?

• Like 2

Excited to have booked 2 HERO rooms for our family on Celebrity in March. Confirmed OV, hoping to get an upgrade to a Veranda or AQ(dreaming) as some people cancel or don't send in their required HERO identification. I think you only have 24 hours to submit documentation so make sure to email it in asap. Cheers! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Quimby said:

Excited to have booked 2 HERO rooms for our family on Celebrity in March. Confirmed OV, hoping to get an upgrade to a Veranda or AQ(dreaming) as some people cancel or don't send in their required HERO identification. I think you only have 24 hours to submit documentation so make sure to email it in asap. Cheers! 

thanks Quimby, I double checked with the kids, & yes, they've sent in his proof of active service 

4 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

from what I understand they are donating some of the proceeds from the revenue cruises to charities that benefit fire victims & first responders...  has that changed?

This makes sense because the on line TA I use has labeled the public revenue cruises on their website as “Heroes Fundraising Cruises”. 

• Like 1

Do you think they are adding more Hero Cruises? The link now says, they added 2 more cruises. I know they added 4 more cruises the other day...are they adding 2 more?

https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruises-for-heroes

Btw, I changed to one of the new dates on Tues and got 2 AQ Rooms 🙂 So excited.

Edited by Quimby
  • Like 2

For those of you booked on a HERO sailing, are you able to see the cruise on your Captain's Club page as an upcoming cruise?  I can see the reservation on the app, but when I log in on my computer, it shows I have no upcoming cruises.   I'd like to be able to start the online check in process if I can.  The app won't let me do the check in so I'm hoping that they aren't all set for us to do this yet and I just need to be patient.

1 minute ago, cruisin'mama said:

For those of you booked on a HERO sailing, are you able to see the cruise on your Captain's Club page as an upcoming cruise?  I can see the reservation on the app, but when I log in on my computer, it shows I have no upcoming cruises.   I'd like to be able to start the online check in process if I can.  The app won't let me do the check in so I'm hoping that they aren't all set for us to do this yet and I just need to be patient.

It's working for us. Have you tried the "Link a missing cruise" hyperlink on your upcoming cruises page?

Good luck!

2 minutes ago, cruisin'mama said:

Works for us on the app and the website. 

Bummer!  I've already called them once and they said that they see it and don't know why it isn't showing up.  I did the "Link" for all of us but that didn't change anything.  How long ago did you book?  We just did this yesterday for the March 31st one so hopefully you booked one of the early ones and mine will eventually show up.

1 minute ago, cruisin'mama said:

Bummer!  I've already called them once and they said that they see it and don't know why it isn't showing up.  I did the "Link" for all of us but that didn't change anything.  How long ago did you book?  We just did this yesterday for the March 31st one so hopefully you booked one of the early ones and mine will eventually show up.

Mine showed up as soon as I got off the phone. Got the first room on Sunday and then got the second on Tuesday. Both times they showed up right away. Try all the last names if you have different ones. 

2 hours ago, cruisin'mama said:

I had to add mine to the app, & then it showed up in my account online.

If you look under your current reservations page, there should be a place to click on to "add a missing reservation"  

After calling Celebrity again this morning, they still can't figure out why the cruise is not showing up on my Captain's Club. They sent me emails with all the reservation information but I still can't check in that way.  Well I was playing around on the website in frustration and found a back way in,  I went thru "Already Booked/Cruise Planner"  while I was logged out and I was able to check in, print our boarding passes and luggage tags.  Strange though, even after I have checked in, I still show no upcoming cruises!  My cruise companions are having the same issues that I did so I let them know what I did and hopefully it'll work for them too when they get home and on their computer.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cruisin'mama said:

After calling Celebrity again this morning, they still can't figure out why the cruise is not showing up on my Captain's Club. They sent me emails with all the reservation information but I still can't check in that way.  Well I was playing around on the website in frustration and found a back way in,  I went thru "Already Booked/Cruise Planner"  while I was logged out and I was able to check in, print our boarding passes and luggage tags.  Strange though, even after I have checked in, I still show no upcoming cruises!  My cruise companions are having the same issues that I did so I let them know what I did and hopefully it'll work for them too when they get home and on their computer.

which cruise are you on?  We're on the 27th March, & yesterday our info was not all showing,  today it is, & I was finally able to complete passport info & upload photos & print our express passes.   I did have to go to "already booked"  & add in the reservation number first.  

There is an EMT I know just from seeing him alot at the Anaheim Ducks hockey games.  I saw him at last night's game and he said when he called Celebrity to get a room for one of the Hero Cruises, they asked if he wanted to book the second room that he was allowed to book, and he said no that he just wanted to take his lady for a romantic getaway....so they gave him a suite!  Nice job Celebrity!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

which cruise are you on?  We're on the 27th March, & yesterday our info was not all showing,  today it is, & I was finally able to complete passport info & upload photos & print our express passes.   I did have to go to "already booked"  & add in the reservation number first.  

We are on March 31st.  We still are not seeing the cruise on the Captain's Club but since I've printed my boarding passes and luggage tags now, I'm not that concerned anymore.  I just don't understand why ( and yes I did add the reservation but that didn't change anything.  😞  )

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cruisin'mama said:

We are on March 31st.  We still are not seeing the cruise on the Captain's Club but since I've printed my boarding passes and luggage tags now, I'm not that concerned anymore.  I just don't understand why ( and yes I did add the reservation but that didn't change anything.  😞  )

I wonder if it's possibly related to sending in your proof of eligibility documents? Have you done that yet?

More likely, it's Celebrity's wonky website.

Just now, MamaFej said:

I wonder if it's possibly related to sending in your proof of eligibility documents? Have you done that yet?

More likely, it's Celebrity's wonky website.

Yes that was emailed a couple of days ago.

It's probably just a glitch in the system

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisin'mama said:

I did have to manually add my captains club number to the booking when I did my check in, photo, & passport info.   Maybe go back to edit info & see if you can add it.  The spot is right next  to "guest name"

We booked a B2B today starting on 4/06. Traded out the Reflection eleven night to stay closer to home. No airfare now. Too much uncertainty at this point. The X agent had no idea that these had been opened up as full revenue cruises. Itinerary is not that great but we will make it work.