Amazon cruise ship sinking

Ritabob

I can find nothing on the internet relating to any recent sinking on the Amazon. 
Presumably you have seen or heard something. WHAT?
Do you have a location? (Brazil, Peru??)
Do you think it was a cruise ship, or a live aboard tourist boat, or a day tourist boat, or a ferry, or what?

Thom,  the reason my question was so vague was because I saw a quick news item on a website and  then could not find it again.  Apparently  the Anna Karoline, a passenger ship went down near Boca do Jari, Brazil,  early on the 29th of February.  Passengers are still missing.

I am curious to know if the ship is one leased out or a local company.

RB

According to this report she is the Anna Karolina lll, elsewhere ll. I cannot see a charter mentioned: https://latina-press.com/news/272005-tote-und-vermisste-nach-schiffbruch-in-brasilien-update/ 

Sadly, already six confirmed deaths.

More reports are available in Portuguese language.

I could not find her in a river cruise ship list, flag is Brasilian.

notamermaid

A FERRY on a 36 hour run from Macapa to Santarém. 

Given the lack of roads and abundance of water in Amazonia there are probably thousands of ferries providing public transportation in the Region. 

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/13-killed-boat-sinks-brazilian-amazon-142944241.html

Sao Paulo (AFP) - At least 13 people were killed when a riverboat sank in the Amazon rainforest region, Brazilian authorities said Monday, as survivors described fleeing the foundering boat in terror.

The ferry was taking about 70 passengers up the Jari River, a tributary of the Amazon, when it suddenly began to tip over Saturday around dawn.

Authorities said they had rescued 46 survivors. It was not clear exactly how many more passengers were missing.

Search operations were ongoing, using helicopters, planes and rescue divers.

The Brazilian navy said it had opened an investigation into the accident, whose cause was unknown.

Survivor Vanderleia Monteiro said the boat, the Anna Karoline III, seemed to run into trouble when another boat pulled alongside it and tried to anchor, a common practice for the ferries that travel the Amazon and its tributaries.

Someone screamed, "It's sinking!" and within seconds the boat was tipping over, she told Brazilian news site G1, after fleeing with her husband and 11-year-old son.

"We escaped through the window and felt our way up the outside wall of the boat as it tipped over. It was like something out of a movie," she said.

"The current swept us downstream fast, and we saw the boat sinking in the distance. Then the other boat rescued us."

The Anna Karoline III, a two-story river ferry, set out Friday afternoon from the city of Macapa, the capital of Amapa state in northeastern Brazil.

It was heading for Santarem, in the neighboring state of Para, about a 36-hour trip. Rescue helicopters took about nine hours to arrive because the region is so remote.

Three of the victims were girls aged between seven and 11, the Amapa state government said in a statement.