Costa Favolosa March 21/2020

Charleyann

Hello everyone. I was excited to do a transoceanic , repositioning cruise on Costa for the first time. I am not so  sure now. We are travelling from Guadeloupe to Savona, Italy with 9 ports in the Caribbean as well as the  Canary Islands, Gibraltar, Barcelona and Savona, Italy and then 5 days in Paris , London and Morocco before flying home to Canada. Anway, I recently suffered a spinal cord injury from a surgery gone wrong and am in a wheelchair. I had a carcinoma removed in November . I am very concerned about catching Coronavirus as I am slightly immune compromised. Should i be frightened and do you think this cruise will be cancelled ?

Charleyann, so sorry to hear about all you've been through.  I really don't know what to think at this time - we're on the same cruise with family and friends.  I can understand your concerns - especially because it sounds like your health is compromised already.  So, we're still in a holding pattern with me staying positive.   I think the next week or two will tell the tale (obviously 🙂 )  right now it's hard to say whether the cruise will be cancelled.  CDC says no one should be going to Italy for non-essential travel, but we won't be to Italy until 4/10 - so what do yo do with that?  So much can change in that amount of time.  Hang in there, I don't think insurance will cover any of this unless the cruise is cancelled.  

deb 🙂

• Like 1

After what the Dimond Princess went through I think that all cruise Companies will be taking every precaution, as well as many of the Counties now affected by this virus. POC will be cancelled if there is any threat to passengers going ashore.

I like you have many health problems and concerns about this, however we cannot live our lives in fear of what might happen.

You can only take care & hope that either the cruise will be cancelled if it gets worse, or hope by then the virus has halted.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2020 at 5:23 PM, Charleyann said:

Hello everyone. I was excited to do a transoceanic , repositioning cruise on Costa for the first time. I am not so  sure now. We are travelling from Guadeloupe to Savona, Italy with 9 ports in the Caribbean as well as the  Canary Islands, Gibraltar, Barcelona and Savona, Italy and then 5 days in Paris , London and Morocco before flying home to Canada. Anway, I recently suffered a spinal cord injury from a surgery gone wrong and am in a wheelchair. I had a carcinoma removed in November . I am very concerned about catching Coronavirus as I am slightly immune compromised. Should i be frightened and do you think this cruise will be cancelled ?

I was speaking with Costa and it's is suspected that it will be cancelled and are going to be given options for a full refund or a Future cruise  certificate , etc.....Maybe it will just sail the Caribbean ? Call them next Monday. They are right now working on the cruise leaving on the 17th .....

We will go next year !

42 minutes ago, Charleyann said:

I was speaking with Costa and it's is suspected that it will be cancelled and are going to be given options for a full refund or a Future cruise  certificate , etc.....Maybe it will just sail the Caribbean ? Call them next Monday. They are right now working on the cruise leaving on the 17th .....

We will go next year !

What cruise is leaving on the 17th?

This is a very difficult and worrying time for everyone with a cruise/cruises in the pipeline. I feel certain that Costa along with all cruise lines will be doing their utmost  to mitigate the fall-out from this and do the best they can , given the circumstances, to carry on with their cruise programme while putting health and safety of all, passengers and crew, first.

What  concerns me is the reaction from people in ports to cruise ships and passengers potentially carrying the virus around even though the highest precautions are being put in place.

Charleyann, please let us know how things progress and, meanwhile, all the very best and hope this will work out well in the end.

Cheers

Bob