Credit card trip insurance

mariamtzj

1 hour ago, mariamtzj said:

I head there are some credit cards that include trip insurance.  Does anyone know which ones, which banks? If you do, does it cover to cancel due to the corona virus?

I would recommend that you contact the carrier of whatever you are interested in directly as most people here are not licensed insurance brokers who are aware of the ins and outs of a specific policy.

1 hour ago, mariamtzj said:

I head there are some credit cards that include trip insurance.  Does anyone know which ones, which banks? If you do, does it cover to cancel due to the corona virus?

I have Chase Sapphire Preferred that covers up $10k pp per trip; max $20k per trip, $40k per year. You are covered if you charge all or a portion of your trip to the card. It will cover you if you are ill, but not "Your disinclination to travel due to an epidemic or pandemic." The details of the coverage are available at https://www.chasebenefits.com/sapphirepreferred. Chase Sapphire Reserve has the same trip cancellation/interruption coverage. The details are available at https://www.chasebenefits.com/sapphirereserve2.

Most travel credit cards (e.g. United Mileageplus Explorer) have some sort of trip cancellation coverage. However, a lot of them only covers about $1000-$1500 on carrier cancellations only.

Log in to your credit card accounts online and usually they have info on any travel benefits they have. Otherwise, call the credit card companies.

I had used credit card travel coverage twice (Hawaii trip on United Mileageplus Explorer and Philippines trip on Sapphire Preferred). After submitting complete documents, I received reimbursement within 10 days.

Edited by gmros