CAribbean Princess delay?

mcgratru

I would hope that in these days of Covid-19, widespread Noro outbreaks would be fewer since the CDC and many world-wide health organizations hammer home serious hand-washing and the keeping paws off the face.  The ships will certainly be more mindful of hygiene.

10 minutes ago, LoriPhil said:

I would hope that in these days of Covid-19, widespread Noro outbreaks would be fewer since the CDC and many world-wide health organizations hammer home serious hand-washing and the keeping paws off the face.  The ships will certainly be more mindful of hygiene.

Doubtful.

13 minutes ago, LoriPhil said:

I've been on ships with "code red" GI/Noro outbreaks and seen NUMEROUS people leave the bathroom without washing their hands and literally followed them into the buffet where they also ignored the hand sanitizing stations, all the while coughing or wiping their face with their unwashed bathroom hands ....... some people never learn listen or think they need to follow advice

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

On my most recent cruises within the last year; there are staff outside of the Horizon Court/World Market to request that you wash your hands before entering. Great! But who is making sure that the STAFF does the same? There were crew as well as passengers that were diagnosed with noro virus on this ship...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, paradiselivin1 said:

On my most recent cruises within the last year; there are staff outside of the Horizon Court/World Market to request that you wash your hands before entering. Great! But who is making sure that the STAFF does the same? There were crew as well as passengers that were diagnosed with noro virus on this ship...

Noro is everywhere and pretty much at some level on every cruise.

So where did the crew get it from?

Crew are under some strict guidelines as far as sanitation especially those that handle food.

Just thank your fellow nasty passengers that walk out of the restroom without washing and head straight to the buffet bypassing the hand washing stations grabbing food with their fingers and either eating it or putting it back.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We were on the shortened Feb 2 CB cruise. Couple observations we made.

1) Some people would bypass the hand washing line at the buffet and tell the staff member standing at the station that they were just cutting through the World Markerplace buffet as they were headed to the rear Salty Dog/Steamers buffet. On one occasion we saw a couple who bypassed the wash station standing in line getting served at the World Marketplace. Despite the Norovirus they knowingly bypassed the hand wash station.

2) We saw people wash there hands then immediately take their hand and rub their mouth. If they were infected with the virus, they immediately compromised their hands by that action.

3) Saw one instance where a passenger threw up in the room corridor. No idea on how they sanitize the carpet. We also saw many food trays left on the floor by guest room doors. I witnessed one person inadvertently kick a tray with her foot knocking over a half full glass onto the carpet and onto the carpeting door entry. No idea on how they sanitize that. We saw more trays at doors than any other cruise. However we didn't know if people had room service because they were quarantined because of Norovirus or just wanted breakfast in bed.

4) This was my only concern with Princess. They would have their carts in the hallway filled full of used bed sheets. It was so easy to inadvertently come in contact with those used sheets as you walked by the cart.

5) One night at dinner, we ate with a couple where the man had a bad cold. He constantly would put his Kleenex on the dining room table. After discussion with the 8 people at our table, he says that he had the norovirus and he was just released from quarantine. He didn't eat much and he and his wife left dinner early. As he left the table, he placed his napkin on the table. He was sitting to my immediate left and when he placed his lap napkin on the table , it unfolded and touched my utensils. Needless to say, I didn't eat dessert and we left early.

We all commented on how hard the Princess staff was working. But as soon as they cleaned something, someone would come along and touch the just cleaned surface.

We also had dinner with many who said they were doing back to back cruises on the CP or other Princess cruise ships. So the staff are not the only ones who carry germs to subsequent cruises.

This was our first Princess Cruise and our first 14 day cruise. Both of us commented on how old the passengers were. Despite really calm seas, we saw people hanging onto handrails all over the ship. We didn't get sick and we did enjoy our cruise, but it was clear to see how difficult of a battle it is for Princess to stay ahead of a Norovirus outbreak.

• Like 2