Currently sailing on Oasis - I didn’t cancel 🎉

1 minute ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Phew. Well, not phew but phew. If that makes any sense. 

That's awesome because everyone's main concern should still be Noro. Unless you're over 70 and/or have a weakened immune system. 

Yup, makes sense.

To be honest, there was quite a buzz around the ship during the few hours it took to return to Port Miami. We didn’t know what the reason was at that point. I didn’t think CV, but someone sitting next to me in the DL brought it up so that’s where my mind went until we pulled away from the dock again....

I’ve been onboard during a noro outbreak and it’s not fun. Knock wood never caught it, but being served in the WJ is long and tedious....

1 minute ago, Laurba99 said:

Very happy to hear that people are being cautious. I wondered if more items

in windjammer were doled out by someone in gloves vs taking all your own?

Nothing being served by staff, all serve yourself.

OK. Is it nuts to walk around with a travel pack of Clorox wipes. I don’t want to look psycho or drive my family crazy-I just keep hearing how dirty menus are and elevator buttons stair rails. But I’ll at least carry about hand sanitizer. I get this feeling that less people will get sick in general because I feel like more people

are aware/trying to be more hygienic but I know there are people who will still be totally disgusting sadly. That all being said we don’t want to cancel.

if for some crazy reason royal cancels on us (hopefully very unlikely out of Miami) do we Get a refund? I have travel guard but did not purchase cancel for any reason as why would I have thought to do that.

24 minutes ago, MrFunInTheSun said:

Chair on deck 5 has your name on it, I can see it from here. 😃

C1A0F287-1739-46AB-9084-B38E1DAA357A_zps

That is the background picture on my desktop computer taken on this very ship in that very spot.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Laurba99 said:

OK. Is it nuts to walk around with a travel pack of Clorox wipes. I don’t want to look psycho or drive my family crazy-I just keep hearing how dirty menus are and elevator buttons stair rails. But I’ll at least carry about hand sanitizer. I get this feeling that less people will get sick in general because I feel like more people

are aware/trying to be more hygienic but I know there are people who will still be totally disgusting sadly. That all being said we don’t want to cancel.

if for some crazy reason royal cancels on us (hopefully very unlikely out of Miami) do we Get a refund? I have travel guard but did not purchase cancel for any reason as why would I have thought to do that.

I’m a crazy person walking around with 500 of these.  You’re right, there are always a few who ignore hygiene and are just downright gross.

8A21ABC7-47B9-4334-BE30-CBB17A80B3B5.jpeg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ckrobyn said:

Hi everyone....

I am currently sailing on Oasis in spite of my own fears. Like most people, I’ve been heavily influenced by the news and considered just canceling and waiting to rebook when the dust settled on CV.... but here I am, along with about 5000 others who made the same call. I often do LIVE reports when I cruise, but decided this time to just open a thread that I’ll update regularly and answer questions.  I’ll answer the first one... I haven’t seen anyone wearing a mask. It looks and feels like any other cruise 👍🏻 I’m glad to finally turn the TV off and live in a news free zone for a week!  
Today is the first of 2 days at sea and there’s a deck chair with my name on it 😎

We board Oasis on Sunday, as you make your way off. Leave a little RUM for me please. Southern Ontario is grey and overcast with rain. Funny how the snow and cold has changed for this coming week. We fly Saturday, and looking forward to some R&R. 

Enjoy, travel safe, and have a great time.  😎 🥃 🍸🍷

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Laurba99 said:

Very happy to hear that people are being cautious. I wondered if more items

in windjammer were doled out by someone in gloves vs taking all your own?

When I was on a couple weeks ago the only thing I saw staff serving for folks that was self serve was the soft serve ice cream at the ice cream stations by the pools on deck 15. Was actually really glad to see this. 😃

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TheCount said:

We board Oasis on Sunday, as you make your way off. Leave a little RUM for me please. Southern Ontario is grey and overcast with rain. Funny how the snow and cold has changed for this coming week. We fly Saturday, and looking forward to some R&R. 

Enjoy, travel safe, and have a great time.  😎 🥃 🍸🍷

I don’t drink rum, so you’re good 😃

Managed to find Clamato so all good in my world too! 🇨🇦

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MrFunInTheSun said:

When I was on a couple weeks ago the only thing I saw staff serving for folks that was self serve was the soft serve ice cream at the ice cream stations by the pools on deck 15. Was actually really glad to see this. 😃

Is it ice cream or yogurt?  Was it ever yogurt or is my memory just that foggy?

14 minutes ago, ckrobyn said:

Is it ice cream or yogurt?  Was it ever yogurt or is my memory just that foggy?

It was never ice cream. I don't think it is yogurt either considering the list of chemicals on the boxes of mix that they pour into the machine. There was thread here awhile ago with a picture of the box. How are the Comos?

31 minutes ago, ckrobyn said:

I’m a crazy person walking around with 500 of these.  You’re right, there are always a few who ignore hygiene and are just downright gross.

I've never brought any of those things along.

• Like 2