Corona Virus.. anyone worried??

pmck

7 minutes ago, sharonna3 said:

Yep! I asked myself....self will you be able to sit comfortably at the bar, without taking out your clorox wipes and wiping it down? or not freak out in the theater if a person sitting within 10 ft of me coughs or sneezes? Just cancelled our very special April cruise. .

I just cancelled our 5 day cruise that was leaving on the 20th, my lungs have always been fragile and I'm very sure that if I caught this virus it will be dangerous for me but another reason we cancelled was because my husband has a chronic dry cough, we have been to a couple of doctor's, they have done many tests and still don't know what causes his cough....but we would be uncomfortable knowing that when he starts coughing it would cause other people on the cruise to be understandably concerned, for both of those reasons we will wait until another time to go

• Like 3

1 hour ago, slr817 said:

I just cancelled our 5 day cruise that was leaving on the 20th, my lungs have always been fragile and I'm very sure that if I caught this virus it will be dangerous for me but another reason we cancelled was because my husband has a chronic dry cough, we have been to a couple of doctor's, they have done many tests and still don't know what causes his cough....but we would be uncomfortable knowing that when he starts coughing it would cause other people on the cruise to be understandably concerned, for both of those reasons we will wait until another time to go

It sounds like it was good that you cancelled. I was reading something online from someone who had the current corona virus and he said it was a dry cough for him. Your husband could have possibly been denied boarding. And with you having fragile lungs, it really sounds like the right decision.

I am on a cruise now and still have a cruise in April. I still plan on going and feel completely comfortable on the ship. People have been washing their hands and using hand sanitizer like crazy. That’s more than I can say for any other public place. I  am much more concerned about the airport and am glad my flight home is direct. I think it’s a good idea for anyone with health issues to be extra vigilant in public places.

Edited by TNcruising02

16 hours ago, efussander said:

This is refreshing. Fauci and VP answer question about those with existing reservations:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/douggollan/2020/03/09/fauci-says-cruising-is-ok-if-you-are-healthy/

I’d say this is very reassuring and tends to put the whole thing in perspective a bit.  Thanks for linking!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, scorpluvsdolphins said:

Same email for FL teachers. 

I haven't seen this for Orange County teachers yet. I've looked on FLDOE and OCPS websites...is it posted somewhere? We have until tomorrow to cancel ours for the 48hr rule. 🙂 Thanks for any tidbits!

1 hour ago, jatdowning said:

I haven't seen this for Orange County teachers yet. I've looked on FLDOE and OCPS websites...is it posted somewhere? We have until tomorrow to cancel ours for the 48hr rule. 🙂 Thanks for any tidbits!

I’m not teaching anymore. Someone in my 3/21 cruise just got notified yesterday by her Principal. She is a teacher in FL also. 
It’s not just cruising, it is going ANYWHERE outside the USA. 
I would have a friend not in the school system call the Orange County School Board and ask if they are participating in the state recommendation. 

At this point, I really believe that there should be a shift in thought.  We could be through this much easier if we sequester/quarantine the most vulnerable in the population to the virus for 60 - 90 days and let the virus run through the rest of the population during that time.  This would just get it over with and allow “normal” life to return sooner.  Thoughts?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, scorpluvsdolphins said:

I’m not teaching anymore. Someone in my 3/21 cruise just got notified yesterday by her Principal. She is a teacher in FL also. 
It’s not just cruising, it is going ANYWHERE outside the USA. 
I would have a friend not in the school system call the Orange County School Board and ask if they are participating in the state recommendation. 

Do you mind letting us know what county your friend is in? My wife is a teacher in Broward county and they have been told no such thing. 

2 hours ago, Airbear232 said:

At this point, I really believe that there should be a shift in thought.  We could be through this much easier if we sequester/quarantine the most vulnerable in the population to the virus for 60 - 90 days and let the virus run through the rest of the population during that time.  This would just get it over with and allow “normal” life to return sooner.  Thoughts?

The experts are saying that the best thing to do is to flatten the curve by limiting the rate of infection. It would take longer to run its course but the day-to-day numbers would be more manageable. Our health care system cannot sustain a sudden spike.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

We are no way prepared.   One million tests for three and a quarter million people!  And what happens to all the uninsured citizens?  They will not /or are unable to pay out of pocket to find a doctor to prescribe a test.   

Edited by gadaboutgal

I'm from Kuwait.  Although we don't have many infected (72 as of today), Schools and universities were closed for 2 weeks.  Today, it was announced that the whole country will shut down for the next 2 weeks, and all commercial flights to be suspended. Borders with Iraq and Saudi Arabia were closed earlier in the week.

There is so much fear, mainly when seeing the sharp increase in confirmed cases in Europe.

The family plans on travelling to the US in July/August.  So far, we haven't talked about cancelling that trip but we will get to it next month probably, when it becomes clear if the virus is under or out of control.  

• Thanks 1

Not sure if this has been posted already but seems the travel advice has changed slightly with regards to Caribbean itineraries. 

Regardless of nationality, we will deny boarding to:

d. Additionally, for Caribbean itineraries only: Any person who has – or has been in contact with someone who has – traveled from, to, or through mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, Italy, Iran, South Korea, Japan, Singapore, and Taiwan 20 days prior to embarkation.

2.  Mandatory, specialized health screenings will be performed on:

e. Additionally, for Caribbean itineraries only: Any person who has – or has been in contact with someone who has – traveled from, to, or through Thailand, France, Germany, and Spain 20 days prior to embarkation

Edited by Mark_UK

36 minutes ago, Mark_UK said:

Not sure if this has been posted already but seems the travel advice has changed slightly with regards to Caribbean itineraries. 

Regardless of nationality, we will deny boarding to:

d. Additionally, for Caribbean itineraries only: Any person who has – or has been in contact with someone who has – traveled from, to, or through mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, Italy, Iran, South Korea, Japan, Singapore, and Taiwan 20 days prior to embarkation.

2.  Mandatory, specialized health screenings will be performed on:

e. Additionally, for Caribbean itineraries only: Any person who has – or has been in contact with someone who has – traveled from, to, or through Thailand, France, Germany, and Spain 20 days prior to embarkation

What does Royal do. Refund or future cruise credit

3 minutes ago, Monthend said:

What does Royal do. Refund or future cruise credit

"All guests who are denied boarding due to these restrictions will receive a 100% Future Cruise Credit for your cruise fare paid, and any pre-cruise Royal Caribbean International purchases and taxes and fees will be refunded to your original form of payment."

Good Morning,

My family and I are booked for a May, 2020 cruise out of Puerto Rico. Every day more and more stories are on the news about the Corona Virus.
I'm trying not to over react, but it is a little scary.  What do you think?  I'm thinking that maybe the screening process getting on the ship will be more comprehensive.
My husband thinks that we won't have any issues, but we still have to get through 69 days and who knows what can happen in that time..:classic_wacko:

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

One issue to consider is that even if the cruise happens, the ports might not accept the ship. A friend of mine just returned from a cruise and St. Lucia would not except the ship because there were a couple of Italian crew members on board. As much as I love the ship and sea days, I do want to visit ports. Time will tell. I have several cruises scheduled and just canceled one in June but holding off on the others. Good luck and don’t stress. I’ve always felt that Royal Caribbean has taken good care of me and will make the appropriate decisions with our best interests.