Can you purchase flowers onboard for the cabin?

yvrbos

Probably easiest is to order through the cruise planner for delivery to the cabin. You'll have some selection that way (always do this for my wife). Which means I never look for a flower cart, but I believe they have them onboard.

I believe the flower shop was undone to make a restaurant area on most ships.. and not sure if there is a way to order on board.

You can pre order and pre pay for  an arrangement  for your staterom.Check cruise planner.  Limited choices but  they usually look nice and last long. We have enjoyed them

20191122_085302.jpg

20191118_084914.jpg

20191117_133138.jpg

20190128_060627.jpg

Depending on where you are sailing from, I usually purchase flowers before I board.  In Ft. Lauderdale, Publix has a nice selection...and I bring along an inexpensive vase which I leave behind.  I understand from others that you can also ask your steward for a vase.

Also sailed from Honolulu and picked up a beautiful arrangement in town.

1 hour ago, markeb said:

...Which means I never look for a flower cart, but I believe they have them onboard.

Hmm.... I haven't seen a flower cart on board Celebrity or Royal in years. I don't think they were very profitable, and toward the end of the cruise the flowers looked so sad... 😕

If you can get to Publix or a local florist...better prices but you have to carry the flowers on board.  Hawaii port had great arrangements/ prices....also a nice shop in Barbados  for tropicals still there .  You order ahead and pick up when you return to the ship.

Our biggest  goof was a HUGE bouquet of Sunflowers in Provence, Fr.  It overwhelmed the  small vase we brought with us that you soak in water  to form it.. and  others from the steward., it was magnificent but too big to manage!!

I prefer gardens,  but flowers on a ship are very organic and  make me happy! Esp on a Hoppenized ship

1 hour ago, Langley Cruisers said:

Hmm.... I haven't seen a flower cart on board Celebrity or Royal in years. I don't think they were very profitable, and toward the end of the cruise the flowers looked so sad... 😕

I typed that, walked away, and thought the same thing to myself...

Royal used to have them, but I don't actually recall seeing on on either of our X cruises.

A couple of years ago I was back to back over Valentine’s Day, and on turnaround day there were many many bouquets of roses just abandoned in the hallway, I gathered many of them and took them back to my room for the second cruise.....my stateroom looked like a florist’s shop.....then later that year  I was back to back over Mother’s Day and did the same thing. Scored twice!

• Like 1

In October we didn't get any flowers from captain's club... we were in a suite and no flowers for the room, either. Turns out the succulents growing in the pots are now your flowers and and if you want any from CC you have to request them. 🤷‍♀️

Edited by MEcruzr

2 hours ago, MEcruzr said:

In October we didn't get any flowers from captain's club... we were in a suite and no flowers for the room, either. Turns out the succulents growing in the pots are now your flowers and and if you want any from CC you have to request them. 🤷‍♀️

This may be "ship dependent".  We sailed Summit in October in RS.  We got a huge bouquet delivered to us from, I believe, the Suite Manager.  But I do not recall getting anything delivered from Captains Club (not even that one little flower) and we are Zenith level!  We also got flowers from Suite Manager on SM in September (in Sky Suite).

Edited by jcpc

As I described in my post #12 on the attached thread, sometimes getting flowers via Gifts by Celebrity can be a bit of a challenge.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2718425-suite-flowers-fruit/

Thus, go forward with courage and do not be deterred by what may be a remarkable lack of skill on the part of the X land-based team.

9 hours ago, lola2013 said:

Depending on where you are sailing from, I usually purchase flowers before I board.  In Ft. Lauderdale, Publix has a nice selection...and I bring along an inexpensive vase which I leave behind.  I understand from others that you can also ask your steward for a vase.

Also sailed from Honolulu and picked up a beautiful arrangement in town.

What a great idea! On every cruise I’ve taken, I’ve ordered a bouquet or two from Celebrity. They’ve always been really nice. 

But.....is it just me or have the prices risen pretty significantly? Everything seems to have! 

You can order flowers on board.  They have a better selection than the pre-cruise options but if you like the choices on the pre-cruise options that may be easier.  To order on board stop by Guest Relations and they have an order book that you can select from.

As others have said, if you find a nice bouquet on shore you can bring it onboard and your stateroom attendant can bring you a vase.

9 hours ago, jcpc said:

This may be "ship dependent".  We sailed Summit in October in RS.  We got a huge bouquet delivered to us from, I believe, the Suite Manager.  But I do not recall getting anything delivered from Captains Club (not even that one little flower) and we are Zenith level!  We also got flowers from Suite Manager on SM in September (in Sky Suite).

You received a personal gift from the Suite Manager... that's different from getting them from the capt's club.. If I had to venture a guess, I'd say you got flowers because you are Zenith. We were in a CS and when I asked the butler if we were going to get any flowers he said no... the succulents replaced the flowers. And if we wanted the single bud we could request it from the CC host. 

We really enjoy flowers in the cabin so I will buy them from now on!

I have found it very difficult to find fresh flowers at the various ports. We just last visited many ports in the Southern Caribbean and was not able to find any flowers worth taking back to the ship.  I would suggest to get them on board. You can go to the Celebrity website and order them now. Yes they are a little expensive but then you will have fresh flowers in your cabin all week. Usually during the middle of the cruise they remove the ones that have wilted and freshen up the rest of the bouquet so it looks like a new arrangement. 

I’ve still gotten Captains Club single flowers recently.  
I love carrying flowers on board even thru embarkation.  Always a conversation starter.  The best place to do this was going out of Seattle to Alaska, making a special stop at Pike Place for them.

My next cruises will be out of FLL- anyone know how far it would be from the port to get to a Publix or florist?

5 minutes ago, TN Vol Fan said:

The best place to do this was going out of Seattle to Alaska, making a special stop at Pike Place for them.

Yes, glorious aren't they? So beautiful. You should see the bouquets there around Mother's Day - bountiful!!

~

I always wondered why we are allowed to bring on fresh flowers - I mean, I know it's not exactly like crossing a border and declaring something, but certainly the flowers start off in one place (city) and end up in another. Know what I mean? 😏

The flowers do stay on board!  I guess it’s just a long standing tradition of having flowers in the cabin, left over from when cruising was just transportation.  They do give the room a lovely fresh smell.