Ship going to another port, instead of what was planned

Luv2cruz1000

12 hours ago, bingomamma19 said:

I am not talking about refund of port charges...carnival does that for everyone if a port is missed.   I have travel insurance through Nationwide that pays a set amount if a port is missed.   We always get that insurance for our cruises. 

We were paid $1500 total for a cruise taken 2 years ago on RCI during the hurricanes when our ports were all completely changed.   Well worth the coverage.

Just an FYI. That coverage is not available in many states. 

I am currently on the Magic and have to say I am disappointed in Carnival.  There does not appear to be any increased precautions in place.   The pre screening is simply handing over a questionnaire where you say you are fine.   On board there is few if nit fewer than usual hand sanitizer stations.   None for Guys none for the Blue Iguana.   Only some before the buffet line.  
Gloves worn by some food handlers but not by others.  
NCL is adamant about this.  Sanitizer everywhere including the elevators.  Persons stationed at entrances to eating areas insisting “washy washy”.   

25 minutes ago, cindyanne said:

I am currently on the Magic and have to say I am disappointed in Carnival.  There does not appear to be any increased precautions in place.   The pre screening is simply handing over a questionnaire where you say you are fine.   On board there is few if nit fewer than usual hand sanitizer stations.   None for Guys none for the Blue Iguana.   Only some before the buffet line.  
NCL is adamant about this.  Sanitizer everywhere including the elevators.  Persons stationed at entrances to eating areas insisting “washy washy”.   

Not sure I understand the need for them at Guys

I am not talking about refund of port charges...carnival does that for everyone if a port is missed.   I have travel insurance through Nationwide that pays a set amount if a port is missed.   We always get that insurance for our cruises. 

We were paid $1500 total for a cruise taken 2 years ago on RCI during the hurricanes when our ports were all completely changed.   Well worth the coverage.

Hmmmm this is interesting. I compared a few policies before booking my cruise and didn’t see this anywhere. Is it an addendum you add on or is it simply an enhanced coverage plan? Can I ask which company provides this and how the cost is?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for this info. So they are not doing temperature checks? I thought I read NCL was doing this and I wondered how that was possibly gonna work and how the lines would be managed.

6 minutes ago, hawkeye93 said:

Hmmmm this is interesting. I compared a few policies before booking my cruise and didn’t see this anywhere. Is it an addendum you add on or is it simply an enhanced coverage plan? Can I ask which company provides this and how the cost is?

See my previous post.  I checked on this a couple years ago and I believe it was Nationwide. Called because I could not add the coverage online and was told it is not available in all states including mine—MN. Bummer

• Like 1

Have a cruise on the Breeze 3/21. One of the stops is the Dominican Republic who just apparently confirmed its first case. 

By this point I think we are gonna cancel for future cruise credit or else we would lose everything but 25%. [emoji30] 

Mine is May. As I’ve said a million times on these boards, I’m not concerned one iota about contracting the virus. My family and i are healthy and my job isn’t in the medical field nor do I have an elderly or ill family member I provide care for. My concern is getting quarantined on a ship and also having port closures. I’m one of those that cruises equally for ports AND the ship itself. I didn’t purchase the 75% cancel for any reason so my only help is canceling prior to day 56. I’ve got about 2 weeks until then and In the meantime I’m trying to stay on top of the CDC, state and local reports and be as informed as possible. All I can do at this point is wait and see.

7 minutes ago, hawkeye93 said:

Mine is May. As I’ve said a million times on these boards, I’m not concerned one iota about contracting the virus. My family and i are healthy and my job isn’t in the medical field nor do I have an elderly or ill family member I provide care for. My concern is getting quarantined on a ship and also having port closures. I’m one of those that cruises equally for ports AND the ship itself. I didn’t purchase the 75% cancel for any reason so my only help is canceling prior to day 56. I’ve got about 2 weeks until then and In the meantime I’m trying to stay on top of the CDC, state and local reports and be as informed as possible. All I can do at this point is wait and see.

That’s my concern too. My fear is being a carrier with no symptoms and passing it to people who can’t handle it. I’m worried about being quarantined. And lastly I’m worried about it being a cruise to no where. I love cruises but I do rely on ports to be able to walk around as I can start to get sea sick. It hasn’t been too bad but I’ve also had ports to go out on. I guess it’s less about myself getting actually sick but mostly about the other ripple effects that may happen!

35 minutes ago, hawkeye93 said:

Thanks for this info. So they are not doing temperature checks? I thought I read NCL was doing this and I wondered how that was possibly gonna work and how the lines would be managed.

Barely look at you

1 hour ago, cindyanne said:

I personally like to clean my hands before eating

Ok.....lol.  Allow me to be more specific.  Follow me on this.  You get off the elevator on lido (I will use the NCL and RCCL lingo here) and to your post washy washy.  Then we enter lido and ....more washy washy.  So you walk up to guys, where you touch nothing and you give your desire for the burger and they hand you a plate (which if it has germs your point is moot anyway), but again only thing you touch and you sit down and eat it.  Hence my comment.  We can get into whether your version of the NVL and RCCL world actually does anything at all (as compared to what the experts say you should do).  

41 minutes ago, hawkeye93 said:

Show me anywhere, and I mean anywhere a cruise ship is sailing that does temp checks.....way over the top.

37 minutes ago, 2wheelin said:

See my previous post.  I checked on this a couple years ago and I believe it was Nationwide. Called because I could not add the coverage online and was told it is not available in all states including mine—MN. Bummer

There are some states which do not cover CFAR, because they view it as a ripoff for the public.  

Edited by jimbo5544

2 hours ago, Brittanynichole said:

Have a cruise on the Breeze 3/21. One of the stops is the Dominican Republic who just apparently confirmed its first case. 

By this point I think we are gonna cancel for future cruise credit or else we would lose everything but 25%. 😩 

The only way it would be different was if they closed the island due to the pandemic.

6 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Ok.....lol.  Allow me to be more specific.  Follow me on this.  You get off the elevator on lido (I will use the NCL and RCCL lingo here) and to your post washy washy.  Then we enter lido and ....more washy washy.  So you walk up to guys, where you touch nothing and you give your desire for the burger and they hand you a plate (which if it has germs your point is moot anyway), but again only thing you touch and you sit down and eat it.  Hence my comment.  We can get into whether your version of the NVL and RCCL world actually does anything at all (as compared to what the experts say you should do).  

When people use the ketchup and mustard dispensers, along with any utensils at the condiment bar, they aren't clean.  I always use the hand washing machine near Guy's or Blue Iguana after I have gotten my condiments and set my plate down.

It really does no good to try to force everyone to "washy-washy" in my opinion.  What happens when that person sits down, rubs their hands on their shirt, touches their face, sneezes, etc, and then goes to get seconds or condiments?  It's always a good idea to just worry about yourself and wash your own hands after touching anything that other people have touched. 

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

That would be great if you could find a hand sanitizer when you got off the elevator and if you could find a hand sanitizer when you entered the Lido area.   They are non existent 

Honestly my comments were in response to Carnival stating that they have increased or expanded on their normal protocols.  
I do not care if it is a cold, flu or the Coronavirus hand cleaning is important.  So bring your own hand sanitizer.  

Edited by cindyanne
  • Like 1

On 2/29/2020 at 12:46 PM, bingomamma19 said:

Unfortunately, the missed port coverage would likely not cover missing a port due to the coronavirus. They do, however, pay if the port is missed due to a weather event, which is why you were covered for the hurricane. Most of the coverage certificates for missed ports coverage state the following:

Missed Port Of Call must be caused by or result from:

a. natural disaster;

b. adverse weather;

c. hijacking;

d. unannounced strike;

e. a civil disorder;

f. mechanical breakdown;

g. a Terrorist Act.

Our insurance (through Nationwide) does cover reimbursement for pre-paid nonrefundable excursions if the ship misses a port, but does not pay simply for missing the port.

Be informed. Hand sanitizer is just fine. But washing your hands is far better. Wahshing your hands properly kills more germs that the hand sanitizer does. Most ships now have hand sanitizes just abut everywhere. Carnival might be the exception.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Be informed. Hand sanitizer is just fine. But washing your hands is far better. Wahshing your hands properly kills more germs that the hand sanitizer does. Most ships now have hand sanitizes just abut everywhere. Carnival might be the exception.

That's exactly what this thread is about(or should be)!