Ship going to another port, instead of what was planned

Luv2cruz1000

9 minutes ago, Nn2036 said:

This is a disturbing news. I wonder if the islands gonna overreacted in the next few weeks:

https://www.ktvu.com/news/sonoma-county-set-to-declare-emergency-as-another-coronavirus-case-emerges-after-travel-to-mexico

😂 They don’t even know if this person has the Corona virus, they could just have a cold, yet they’re reporting about a state of emergency that will be called if this person has the virus....this is getting ridiculous! I can’t wait for the press to get something else to talk about!!! 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

😂 They don’t even know if this person has the Corona virus, they could just have a cold, yet they’re reporting about a state of emergency that will be called if this person has the virus....this is getting ridiculous! I can’t wait for the press to get something else to talk about!!! 

I really hope it is negative. There are too many bad news already.

Another ship in Europe is also in limbo. Previous passenger has coronavirus.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/coronavirus-2000-cruise-ship-passengers-21631745

4 minutes ago, Nn2036 said:

I really hope it is negative. There are too many bad news already.

Another ship in Europe is also in limbo. Previous passenger has coronavirus.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/coronavirus-2000-cruise-ship-passengers-21631745

I’m not one bit worried about getting the Coronavirus. Most people hardly have any symptoms and recover. I’m much more concerned about getting the Norovirus. That’s some nasty symptoms.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

Amen on that

Was just on the phone with Carnival with questions about my upcoming cruise. She mentioned an itinerary change and asked if I had gotten the email. I said no and she quickly changed the subject and wouldn't answer questions about it. It is the deceptiveness that is disappointing. I'm like others, we don't want to cancel or move cruises. We all book vacations because we want to go, but when a company is unreasonable, it makes you quickly reconsider who you do business with.

On 2/28/2020 at 8:26 AM, bingomamma19 said:

We will be on the Breeze april 4th...I am not one bit concerned about the corona virus or if any ports deny the ship.    We will be having a good time one way or another.    Carnival always makes it a good time of a port has to be missed for any reason.

I also have trip insurance that also covers for missed ports.   I always make sure to purchase this specific insurance.    It pays a set amount for any port missed or delayed getting there by 3 hours or more.

Keep in mind, the flu affects millions of americans every year,  killing 12 to 60 thousand people each year.  World wide it kills 290 to 650 thousand people each year.    The corona virus has affected 60 americans so far and 42 of them were from the cruise ship in japan.

Don't let the mass news coverage scare you.

Can you please let me know which cruise insurance you purchased?

3 minutes ago, Chyna3032 said:

Can you please let me know which cruise insurance you purchased?

I also have this type of insurance, my policy is through Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company Choice Cruise.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, michael123 said:

Was just on the phone with Carnival with questions about my upcoming cruise. She mentioned an itinerary change and asked if I had gotten the email. I said no and she quickly changed the subject and wouldn't answer questions about it. It is the deceptiveness that is disappointing. I'm like others, we don't want to cancel or move cruises. We all book vacations because we want to go, but when a company is unreasonable, it makes you quickly reconsider who you do business with.

How were they unreasonable?

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

How were they unreasonable?

He or she is angry that the carnival rep mentioned a change and then wouldn't tell them more. reality is that maybe the rep mistook his ship for another sailing, or maybe she spoke incorrectly, or maybe isnt authorized to say anything because it is not final.

They are just angry that they can control the situation, they were going off on the corona virus thread too. 

6 hours ago, Denverdonkeys said:

He or she is angry that the carnival rep mentioned a change and then wouldn't tell them more. reality is that maybe the rep mistook his ship for another sailing, or maybe she spoke incorrectly, or maybe isnt authorized to say anything because it is not final.

They are just angry that they can control the situation, they were going off on the corona virus thread too. 

That was my point

Organized Chaos, our itinerary is a little different.  We are doing 6 days (hope to) to go to Ocho Rios, Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel.  The main one I wanted to go to is Jamaica, and let my sons/d-i-ls see (hopefully things will be just as good or better) what I seen 20 years ago.

Ozzie0075, I was glad to see your posting that the Princess was just recently able to go to Ocho Rios, as well as Grand Cayman, and hopefully this will continue with other ships.

I just had an epidural for my back problem today, so hopefully this will help on the trip. I am just "holding on," and STILL doing a lot of praying, and if nothing else, taking a LOT common sense precautions, even at  the hospital.  Like when I filled out the papers with the two different pens, holding the TV remote, etc. By the time I went in to have my epidural, I had probably washed my hands at least 5 times.  That may seem a LOT, but I would rather be safe than sorry!

1 hour ago, AmBear said:

Virus confirmed in St Barts, and Dominican Republic, so here might be more ports missed in the future.

There was never a doubt in spreading, St Barts will not influence the industry and the DR it really matters where the outbreaks is, most cruise lines go to areas not near major cities

We just got off the Paradise this morning. I agree with a previous poster- I didn't feel like Carnival increased hand washing/sanitizing measures. Yes, there were hand sanitizer stations sitting around, but I didn't see many people using them. This is in stark contrast to the Disney cruise we were on last year- every time we entered the buffet area or the MDR, there was a crew member handing out a hand sanitizing wipe. 

Our itinerary also got shuffled around. We found out the reason "why" from the internet, and not from a letter from our captain, which was very disappointing. There is obvious Coronavirus fears, and Grand Cayman freaked out and wanted to close the ports, later Carnival (and I'm sure the other cruise lines) were able to chat with the Grand Caymanians and we were allowed to flip-flop our schedule. So, we went to Cozumel first (Monday) and Grand Cayman second (Tuesday). There were 4 or 5 ships in Grand Cayman that day and it was EXTREMELY crowded to the point of almost not enjoyable. From what I read, the Caribbean islands are trying to balance protecting their citizens and still allow tourist dollars into the country.

1 hour ago, lindsay0526 said:

We just got off the Paradise this morning. I agree with a previous poster- I didn't feel like Carnival increased hand washing/sanitizing measures. Yes, there were hand sanitizer stations sitting around, but I didn't see many people using them. This is in stark contrast to the Disney cruise we were on last year- every time we entered the buffet area or the MDR, there was a crew member handing out a hand sanitizing wipe. 

Our itinerary also got shuffled around. We found out the reason "why" from the internet, and not from a letter from our captain, which was very disappointing. There is obvious Coronavirus fears, and Grand Cayman freaked out and wanted to close the ports, later Carnival (and I'm sure the other cruise lines) were able to chat with the Grand Caymanians and we were allowed to flip-flop our schedule. So, we went to Cozumel first (Monday) and Grand Cayman second (Tuesday). There were 4 or 5 ships in Grand Cayman that day and it was EXTREMELY crowded to the point of almost not enjoyable. From what I read, the Caribbean islands are trying to balance protecting their citizens and still allow tourist dollars into the country.

5 ships in Grand Cayman is not that unusual, one NYE we had 6.  

• 2 weeks later...

Puerto Rico now denies a lot of ships for disembarkation.

Celebrity Summit was denied yesterday

https://wwl.radio.com/articles/no-entry-cruise-ship-denied-docking-in-san-juan-pr

Norwegian Epic was denied today.

Carnival Fascination and Freedom of the Seas are denied too

https://cruiseradio.net/san-juan-turns-away-cruise-ships-vessels-sail-to-florida/

Edited by Nn2036