Where to do what or visa versa

I'm cruising western Caribbean later this month with NCL stopping at Cozumel; Costa Maya; Roatan & Harvest Caye.  Travelling solo, getting on a bit & not able / inclined to do anything too strenuous, but I'm not a much of a sunbather either. I'd like to see Mayan ruins, but have seen that some are a far distance from the ports & consequently a lot of the trip is spent travelling, I'd like to do a bit of snorkelling, also I like wildlife. Been trying to work my way thro NCL's excursion offerings & find myself going round in circles. 
I believe the best port for me to see ruins will be Costa Maya? What/where would you recommend for snorkelling or wildlife? Our stops are for 9 hrs except Roatan @ 8, so I'm hoping I may be able to do 2 trips in one or two.

Any recommendations will be appreciated. Thanks

My first time snorkeling was at Roatan with NCL and we saw a lot of different fish/sea life.  I've read other reports confirming that Roatan has good snorkeling.

We did Belize instead of Harvest Caye, I think stayed on the ship at Costa Maya and did a beach excursion for Cozumel so I don't really have anything to offer on ruins or wildlife.  Maybe researching private guides or taxi options - that should be cheaper and better travel comfort than ship excursions.

We used Native Choice in Costa Maya to travel to the Chacchoben ruins. You are right that it is a distance, and the tour itself at the ruins involves lots of walking, some of it on uneven ground, and climbing (hills and stairs). At least for the van ride there and back we had a guide with us answering questions and talking about the history and culture. It was informative and made the time pass quickly.