Princess website got 'hacked'

voljeep

Not to be concerned....it was only your name, address, Social Security number, government identification number, such as passport number or driver's license number, credit card and financial account information, and health-related information.🤕

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

31 minutes ago, voljeep said:

Hi voljeep, were you notified about this today?  I read the announcement and it states "between April 11 and July 23, 2019, an unsanctioned third party gained unauthorized access...." so I am wondering what took so long to notify affected customers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cruise Raider said:

Oh my ... 

This is not good at all!!  I know it's happening everywhere, but that doesn't make me feel any better.  Thanks for posting, though.  

Since it was email accounts, everybody who has never sent their personal info to Princess via email ought to be fine. Ought to. In a reasonable world. I've never emailed mine, so unless Princess employees like to forward emails back and forth amongst themselves, I think I'll be fine.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CruiseVA said:

Not good, but, it appears to be almost a year old. I never received anything from Princess about this...

Neither have I. The link to it is at the top of their website home page, along with the virus info link. It's common for data breaches to go unreported for several months, and it's also common for the data that's stolen to not be used for many more months. 

Just now, Go-Bucks! said:

Me neither...why did they hide this for so long??

That's what I wonder every time this happens. It's happened to probably a half dozen companies that we deal with over the last ten years or so. Months go by, and then they own up to it. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

Since it was email accounts, everybody who has never sent their personal info to Princess via email ought to be fine. Ought to. In a reasonable world. I've never emailed mine, so unless Princess employees like to forward emails back and forth amongst themselves, I think I'll be fine.

I caught that 'employee email' statement ... that makes me feel better.  Whew!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Go-Bucks! said:

Data breaches are often not discovered for months/years, also there may be request from law enforcement to delay announcements in certain cases, but it's usually the former.

I have been notified several times over the last view years about security breaches and this information from Princess is almost like a format informational notification.  Sounds just like the others I have received.  The timing is also similar.  They have to do their due diligence, etc. etc., and then notify the public.

Pooh

IMHO, the Equifax breach was significantly more damaging. 

The forced change in password could have been prompted by their breach. Not because passwords were compromised by the Princess breach, but because they know people use the same password across many sites. And those passwords can be obtained elsewhere as a result of other breaches.

Here is a good site to see where your email address has been compromised. You may be surprised.

https://haveibeenpwned.com/

16 minutes ago, Aggie83 said:

IMHO, the Equifax breach was significantly more damaging. 

The forced change in password could have been prompted by their breach. Not because passwords were compromised by the Princess breach, but because they know people use the same password across many sites. And those passwords can be obtained elsewhere as a result of other breaches.

Here is a good site to see where your email address has been compromised. You may be surprised.

https://haveibeenpwned.com/

OK. So you go to that web site & enter your email address and now you've probably signed up for a thousand more unsolicited emails that they sell you email to. 😆

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Go-Bucks! said:

i had this happen with a major retail company...the investigation goes for quite some time and then after that notification is done. This is normal and they are not hiding anything.