Grand Princess Coronavirus Discussion (retitled after merger of several topics)

4cats4me

1 minute ago, kathy49 said:

After DP people posted that the cruise line was reminding them to bring enough for extra 2 weeks. I assume these passengers got this message but probably some did not follow advice?

Just looks like they are contemplating keeping them onboard ... or maybe quarantined on land somewhere.  

12 minutes ago, mom0f3 said:

ChristieSF, maybe 3 in Maryland--although they haven't said which ship exposed them to the coronavirus, we haven't heard about any others!

https://www.baltimoresun.com/coronavirus/bs-hs-coronavirus-friday-20200306-tzmaqfm7bvbpvox6qdvdwha5te-story.html

Does anyone else think it should be announced which ship these people were on? 
Then it would alert other people that were on that sailing. I just get the feeling that it isn't the Grand this time. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lexusgirl12 said:

Does anyone else think it’s strange none of the passengers are commenting here? I saw that a utube video was put on here, but I couldn’t make it play(probably my fault, I’m not too tech savvy)

the Hot Chicken Ladies did start a stream and all it did was buffer...not sure about the wifi on that ship..yesterday their stream was pretty bad so makes me think wifi not good.  They were told results this morning...looks like not happening.

1 minute ago, carolyn22 said:

21 tested positive with 19 of those being crew members. Just announced by Pence. 

bear in mind only 45 were tested so that is really high %...same crew that are preparing the meal. Not great.

• Like 5

Just confirmed, 21 positive for the virus.  Out of total 40+ tested 19 crew and 2 passengers do have the virus.  Ship will be taken to a non commercial port and all passengers and crew will be tested. This was announced at ongoing press briefing at the WH with VP Pence. Heartbreaking for all those on board and their loved ones. 

Edited by mtmatull
  • Like 1

Just now, cruisingram1 said:

Ship will dock in a non commercial port and everyone will be tested. 21 positive out of 45 tested is a very high percentage. Only tested people with symptoms is my understanding

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If only passengers and crew with symptoms have been tested, it is inclusive as to how many will test positive.  

I would guess there are quite a lot of non symptomatic people walking around the country that were on the previous cruise. I hope the CDC plans on testing every single passenger from that cruise as well. Then they would need to track down everyone that was positive met with over the past 2 weeks. Just a monumental task that is ahead for them.

Edited by clskinsfan

Just now, clskinsfan said:

I would guess there are quite a lot of non symptomatic people walking around the country that were on the previous cruise. I hope the CDC plans on testing every single passenger from that cruise as well. Then they would need to track down everyone who was positive met with over the past 2 weeks. Just a monumental task that is ahead for them.

I was reading comments from people on the previous sailing and they have been asked to self imposed quarantine.  But, they disembarked two weeks ago so the cat is kind of  already out of the bag.  Right?  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

I would guess there are quite a lot of non symptomatic people walking around the country that were on the previous cruise. I hope the CDC plans on testing every single passenger from that cruise as well. Then they would need to track down everyone that was positive met with over the past 2 weeks. Just a monumental task that is ahead for them.

any idea how this could strike a Princess mega ship twice???

1 hour ago, cruzrbachoua said:

Not really if no one on the grand had been in an affected area prior to boarding the Mexican cruise and no one had been in an affected area on the grandeur....yet someone in Maryland is now positive and said they got off a ship on 2/20...grand arrived 2/21 I thought  ..so is the CDC now going to back track and look at grandeur? 

The people in Maryland weren't on Grandeur.  If someone on Grandeur got sick and died after the cruise, I'm sure they would.