Cruise Critic Community

thyme2go,

What email address is this from?  As others have said, be very careful with your information.  Even a phone number in the email could be suspect.  Thanks for sharing with us!  Hope everything gets sorted for you swiftly.

4 hours ago, thyme2go said:

SempreMare,  HAL did not send me a notice with the missing info AND the breach in one email.   I am the one who put that together as the email I received had the title "Missing  Information" which is not that unusual and I expected there to be one or two piece's of info missing........when I looked for the missing info i I discovered that everything when I made the reservation was no longer there.   

I would be very careful and not use a link in that email.  Go directly to the HAL web site.

Very disappointing that HAL has not notified all their past and current customers. (!)

I went into the HAL site just now and changed my password.  But .... I could not "edit" the security questions.   What the heck? That alone is creeping me out.

1 hour ago, syesmar said:

thyme2go,

What email address is this from?  As others have said, be very careful with your information.  Even a phone number in the email could be suspect.  Thanks for sharing with us!  Hope everything gets sorted for you swiftly.

The email address is:  No_Reply@HollandAmerica.com    I found the missing info through signing into my account at HAL.

I could not get through to their 1-833 number (being Canadian) so phoned their 1-936-215-6456.  I explained I had received several emails which I found strange-it was their "thank you for cruising" email.  However, it expired February 18th and we already had booked another cruise.  I received at least 6 of these over the last couple of weeks and just deleted them.  However, since I got one today and saw the "important information on privacy event" I forwarded it just to find out where it showed from.

Anyway, the person I got at the security number ran my name and my husbands and said it did not appear we had been compromised.

Prior to phoning I looked at our two bookings for later in the year and like the OP all the information was blank which actually made me feel better-so no info for passport, emergency contact etc.  was showing. 

Thank you to the OP and the others that have provided info on this thread.

So, if we didn't get a "important information on privacy event" letter is it safe to assume our data was not inclued in the hack?

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Woofbite said:

So, if we didn't get a "important information on privacy event" letter is it safe to assume our data was not inclued in the hack?

That wording “important information...” is on HAL’s website.   Personally I would phone the number (also on their website) to have your name checked to see.  

8546FDAF-C717-4D4D-8B8B-61422CBD5C8D.jpeg

216D8BD8-972E-488B-8ECB-40A3A5246FEF.jpeg

Edited by canadianbear