Huge fight on Encore

11 minutes ago, RNRcruisers said:

Wow that is appalling.

I didn't see much drunkenness on our cruise in January although I did see many more people than usual walking around with a drink in hand.

I will say the only time I have really seen people getting "sloppy drunk" has been on the first day of my sailings. I think maybe people feel like they have to drink all the "free" liquor they can because it's their first cruise. After the hangover and the realization they are on the ship all week, they seem to slow down some. Still, I have never seen anyone behaving nearly this badly.

• Like 1

On 3/3/2020 at 4:37 AM, cruiser147147 said:

marktwothousand - Saw a news report on TV that one very disgruntled passenger basically lost it and created a melay.  He was upset over all the ports/countries refusing to let the Encore dock due to possible coronavirus infections on board and that passengers were not being kept up to date by Encore.

That fight was on MSC Maraviglia

7 hours ago, Travelicious said:

The guy punching with right hand and holding beer in left.  🤣

What a coward.  hiding behind a pole and only gets involved when he can take a shot at a guy who is focused on someone else.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JamieLogical said:

I will say the only time I have really seen people getting "sloppy drunk" has been on the first day of my sailings.....Still, I have never seen anyone behaving nearly this badly.

Nor me, across 47 cruises.....the frightening thing is that there's no way security on any ship is (wo)manned up to deal with this if it gets really out of hand....shocking indeed!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Susie3865 said:

Video is posted on Facebook NCL ENCORE 

The video is in post #46 in this thread

2 minutes ago, marktwothousand said:

Is the video silent for everyone or is it just my phone? I can’t hear the shrieks of horror

It is silent unfortunatly, I think it needs some circus background music for those clowns.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Is there like a Police Office on board? 24/7 Surveillance and things like that.. I remember I saw a drunk guy on board of Philly cruise. I was afraid to come to calm him down cause he was big and strong but suddenly I saw a few guys very “police” looking in the way they talked and walked. They told him something and then they walked him away somewhere. I didnt see him after this incident. Maybe he was forced to stay in the cabin..

17 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

Is there like a Police Office on board? 24/7 Surveillance and things like that.. I remember I saw a drunk guy on board of Philly cruise. I was afraid to come to calm him down cause he was big and strong but suddenly I saw a few guys very “police” looking in the way they talked and walked. They told him something and then they walked him away somewhere. I didnt see him after this incident. Maybe he was forced to stay in the cabin..

Honestly I never seen security on NCLbut if that's security on the video we're all in big trouble 😳. I've seen kids screaming, drunks acting stupid but nothing like this.

• Like 1

Cruise line security is a courtesy security force.  They are NOT police. They are not going to carry weapons. Police get sued for using weapons on hardened criminals and people protest the police.  Cruise lines would NEVER entertain such liability no matter what.  They got the just punishment.  Pack and go the next day and btw, pay for your hotel and flight back.

Edited by david_sobe
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

Cruise line security is a courtesy security force.  They are NOT police. They are not going to carry weapons. Police get sued for using weapons on hardened criminals and people protest the police.  Cruise lines would NEVER entertain such liability no matter what.  They got the just punishment.  Pack and go the next day and btw, pay for your hotel and flight back.

They carry batons & pepper spray on Great Stirrup Cay but I assume they must be contractors just for the island.

Pepper spray would not be a good idea In a small contained area like a cruise unless you were confronting another passenger with a weapon and it was absolutely necessary. Even the personal pocket size stuff spreads out really fast and the whole deck would likely get toxic and people would be coughing for hours 

Exactly. What a toolbag.

All of them should be banned from cruising indefinitely. 

1 hour ago, PATRLR said:

What a coward.  hiding behind a pole and only gets involved when he can take a shot at a guy who is focused on someone else.

• Like 2

marktwothousand 

I assume since there are multiple types of OC (Oleoresin Capsicum) Spray: Conical Mist (like a cloud burst or also called Fogger), Spray (like it says), GEL, and Foam, the guards used either GEL or FOAM.  There is a smell with both but for the most part the stuff lands on the persons face and stays there. Unless they touch their face and something else or are touched by something it will transfer. 

Disinfecting the area with soapy water would be done.   The smell in the area would be strong if the substance landed on carpets. In close quarters I myself prefer the gel.  I can use it and it does NOT affect me, even with wind. If my aim is off....my fault. 

I would never use Conical Mist or Spray on a cruise ship, way too much wind and the possibility of it coming back in my face... nope,  sprayed once because we had to.  Never again.  

Not disagreeing with you, just trying to correct the misconception that there is only one type of spray.  

• Like 1

On 3/3/2020 at 10:17 AM, JamieLogical said:

I agree. I always see drink packages being blamed for this kind of behavior. Literally THOUSANDS of people are cruising every day with drink packages and these types of incidents are incredibly rare. Also, you don't need a drink package to get irresponsibly drunk. It happens in bars on shore all the time where people are paying per drink...

Couldn't agree more. If you're an a-hole when you're sober, you're an even bigger a-hole when you are drunk

• Like 6
  • Haha 1