Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
derek005

Re-Booking

I found a better deal today on the MSC Seaside, but I have already paid for my cruise. Can I cancel the cruise and re-book without losing anything.

Thanks, Derek

MSC will not make any adjustment after final payment, your only possibility is to take the percent loss with a cancellation if that's less than the price drop.  Be careful as even before final payment I've had them playing games trying to cancel and re-book to take advantage of a price drop.  They sometimes choose to implement a hidden policy of not allowing re-bookings at the lower price and will hold a re-booking to different rules than what they are offering true new bookings.

I have been able to take advantage of a really great deal after the 90 day period by changing our "level." What happenned, it was after the 90 days and when I checked prices a Fantastica Experience was less than the Bella Experience I had booked so the MSC agent switched me to a Fantastica Cabin and I received the difference on my credit card. If that is a possibility with your booking it is worth a try.

24 minutes ago, cellfree said:

I have been able to take advantage of a really great deal after the 90 day period by changing our "level."

I've tried that twice since last Fall and was denied both times.  I was held to the price structure at the time of the initial booking, thus could not take advantage of any price drops.  As mentioned, I also was indirectly denied taking advantage of a price drop before final payment by them refusing to let me apply the current promotion/discounts that were still available for new bookings.  My complaints to MSC execs have so far gone unanswered so for now I've cancelled several bookings close to final payment.  I have several more further out bookings that are also messed up regarding promotions/discounts not being properly applied with no signs of being fixed before I decide to cancel them also.