MSC refund policy coronavirus

niko40

Hi

This is the email I received yesterday and I want a refund.

Not happy with them changing their t&c to suit them!

Wankers

photo?spsize=80X80&fallback_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs.yimg.com%2Fdh%2Fap%2Fsocial%2Fprofile%2Fprofile_a64.png&alphatar_photo=true&badge=false&appId=YMailNorrin

UK Customer Services Mailbox (unattended) <customerservices@cruise1st.co.uk>
To:1@sky.com
Thu, 26 Mar at 17:02

Good evening,

Please find enclosed an important update on regards to your upcoming cruise with MSC.
Thank you,

Jade
Cruise1st.

Customer Services

Tel: 0161 385 7425

Cruise1st Unit F1A, Lowry Outlet Mall, Salford, M50 3AH 

www.cruise1st.co.uk  

raw?appid=YMailNorrin&ymreqid=d7bd79fb-ab6e-6157-1cf9-dd0e7c013400&token=zitEzqOML3j84e6ealFTT5U7-km5qEQF52lp7AcCuBZXOzm9SPJz08zLAhAdZnY3tdwMT_o8_4X6I2IGf6_iYXmHeKX3fU-_1POT1w4kViD45m1mvDatQsFdD6xwgldl 

raw?appid=YMailNorrin&ymreqid=d7bd79fb-ab6e-6157-1cf9-dd0e7c013400&token=zitEzqOML3j84e6ealFTT5U7-km5qEQF52lp7AcCuBZXOzm9SPJz08zLAhAdZnY3tdwMT_o8_4X6I2IGf6_iYXmHeKX3fU-_1POT1w4kViD45m1mvDatQsFdD6xwgldlraw?appid=YMailNorrin&ymreqid=d7bd79fb-ab6e-6157-1cf9-dd0e7c013400&token=zitEzqOML3j84e6ealFTT5U7-km5qEQF52lp7AcCuBZXOzm9SPJz08zLAhAdZnY3tdwMT_o8_4X6I2IGf6_iYXmHeKX3fU-_1POT1w4kViD45m1mvDatQsFdD6xwgldlraw?appid=YMailNorrin&ymreqid=d7bd79fb-ab6e-6157-1cf9-dd0e7c013400&token=zitEzqOML3j84e6ealFTT5U7-km5qEQF52lp7AcCuBZXOzm9SPJz08zLAhAdZnY3tdwMT_o8_4X6I2IGf6_iYXmHeKX3fU-_1POT1w4kViD45m1mvDatQsFdD6xwgldl

cid:image001.jpg@01CCF6E7.EDC3C450

SUBJECT: Important notice: your upcoming cruise on MSC Fantasia

SAILING DATE: 4/9/2020

ROUTE: VLC-VLC

REFERENCE:  

Dear 

Please find below an important update about your upcoming cruise on MSC Fantasia. Unfortunately, due to the current situation regarding COVID-19 we have no option but to but to cancel this cruise.

As this public health emergency continues to evolve, the authorities of many countries have effectively closed their ports to all cruise ships. In light of this development, as other cruise lines MSC Cruises has decided to temporarily pause its cruise operation until the situation improves. Unfortunately, this means that we will not be able to conduct our planned itinerary and we have no option but to cancel this cruise.

Please note that you will receive a voucher for the value of your cruise package. The Future Cruise Credit can be used on any sailing departing on or before 31 December 2021. In addition, you will also receive a refundable shipboard credit of USD/Euro 200.00 per cabin.

Any added extras (beverages, excursions, etc.) will be refunded. For any other expenses that you may have incurred, such as flights (unless booked through MSC Cruises), hotels, transport, etc. please contact your travel agent or airline.

We apologise for this unfortunate situation, which is out of our control, and thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Best wishes,

Charlotte Jones

Head of Contact Centre UK and Ireland

'This e-mail is intended for the use of the addressee only. It may contain information that is protected by legislated confidentiality and/or is legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient you are prohibited from disseminating, distributing or copying this e-mail. Any opinion expressed in this e-mail may not necessarily be that by Sunshine Cruise Holidays Limited trading as Cruise1st.co.uk. Although precautions have been taken, the sender cannot warrant that this e-mail or any files transmitted with it are free of viruses or any other defect. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and destroy the original e-mail and any copies. Cruise1st.co.uk is a trading brands of Sunshine Cruise Holidays Limited. Registered in England and Wales Company No: 03931005. Registered Office: Cruise1st, Unit F1a, The Lowry Outlet Mall, Salford Quays, Manchester M50 3AH

Hi UK cruisers ,this is from the moneysaving expert.com website

Currently, package holidaymakers whose trips are cancelled are entitled to all their money back within two weeks under package travel regulations.

Yet there are unconfirmed reports from travel expert Simon Calder that the Government will soon agree to changes to the package travel regulations which could mean companies will be able to issue credit notes instead of giving a cash refund. These credit notes, or vouchers, would enable the holidaymaker to book a new trip within two years. Any customer who does not redeem the voucher can then claim the sum in cash.

We asked the Government about this, and while it didn't confirm any details, it did suggest that an announcement would be made in the coming days. We'll update our site as soon as we know more.

I don't know if this applies to cruise packages booked with agents, if so we are all going to have to accept a cruise credit. We are trying to get a refund for an Emirates Holiday that they have cancelled on Tuesday for travel mid April and are offering us a credit note.!! 

We booked a trip to Dubai to replace a cancelled cruise. Within 7 days there were travel restrictions so we had to then ring emirates and the Dubai hotel.

both were initially trying to offer credit only but eventually they agreed to refunds, hopefully appears on our credit cards soon.

we are reasonably happy with FCC from MSC although 2021 prices seem high!!

We should have now been on Bellissima in the Far East. We were given the option to cancel with a full refund, that was mid Feb. We were promised a refund by Ahoy cruises within 10 days. Three weeks later I emailed them, no reply within a week. I then emailed them asking if they were still taking cruise bookings, I got an answer within the day. I then asked them for an honest answer as to where my money was, they then told me that they hadn't got the money back from MSC. I emailed MSC who quite quickly told me to be patient. In effect I have no idea where my money is or when/if I will get it back. I would be happy with a future cruise voucher as in my mind the money is written off, £200 OBC would be more than I would get if the money went back in the bank. What I don't like is the sharp practice and dishonesty now being perpetrated by the cruise lines and travel agents who will be crying out for our support if they look like going under. We have a similar situation with P&O for an upcoming cruise.

3 minutes ago, Lewy the expert said:

I've used  www.resolver.co.uk  to claim back through my cc for flights and the cruise although it was booked through cruise 1st,under section 75

Was that after you received a response from the TA/msc that they were only offering a voucher? My TA has emailed msc 16 days ago and still waiting on a response from them 

6 minutes ago, weejasser said:

Was that after you received a response from the TA/msc that they were only offering a voucher? My TA has emailed msc 16 days ago and still waiting on a response from them 

Yes it was after I received the voucher offer.

That resolver tool is very useful as I used it for PPI and they have to reply by 8 weeks or the case gets escalated to the relevent arbitrators.

You have nothing to lose.

Use it

Edited by Lewy the expert
added info

1 hour ago, Shocked91 said:

We were on the Grandiosa when they announced total lockdown.We were on the ship for 4 hours before being kicked off.That is the letter they gave us.Either future cruise credit or full refund

Also on that cruise and still waiting to hear back from them.  I originally read 12 days after the date of the cruise which was the 26th, but I read on here 12 working days so that's the 1st April.

I did phone them a few days after we got back and was told to email them so I did and got a reply back saying they were working through the refunds/credits in date receipt order.  So will see how long it takes.  I did request the 125% credit and sent them a copy of that letter we were given.

1 hour ago, lovetoholiday said:

Also on that cruise and still waiting to hear back from them.  I originally read 12 days after the date of the cruise which was the 26th, but I read on here 12 working days so that's the 1st April.

I did phone them a few days after we got back and was told to email them so I did and got a reply back saying they were working through the refunds/credits in date receipt order.  So will see how long it takes.  I did request the 125% credit and sent them a copy of that letter we were given.

Hi.We phoned a few days after we got back hadn't heard from them a week later.Phoned again and explained what had happened.The lady told us to email operations which we have.Another week gone by still not heard anything.We would like a full refund we will book with MSC again but for now would like our money back.

1 hour ago, Shocked91 said:

Hi.We phoned a few days after we got back hadn't heard from them a week later.Phoned again and explained what had happened.The lady told us to email operations which we have.Another week gone by still not heard anything.We would like a full refund we will book with MSC again but for now would like our money back.

I hope you get your refund ok., I think it's shocking that they are saying people will not get a refund until after their credit expires in December 2021.  As the wording on the letter states we are due either a full refund or the 125% fcc I would like to think they will have to pay up now.  Let us know how you get on and I will do likewise regarding the credit.

11 minutes ago, lovetoholiday said:

I hope you get your refund ok., I think it's shocking that they are saying people will not get a refund until after their credit expires in December 2021.  As the wording on the letter states we are due either a full refund or the 125% fcc I would like to think they will have to pay up now.  Let us know how you get on and I will do likewise regarding the credit.

I will keep you posted.Did they find you a hotel that night?As soon as the announcement was made we booked flights for the Friday morning at 10.30am.We went straight to the airport that night.

Yes they took some of us to a nice little hotel which laid on drinks and pizza etc., 5 of us were picked up at 6.30 the next morning and taken to the airport for a flight back to Gatwick.  We had left from Heathrow, but were quite happy to get back to any airport.

20 hours ago, lovetoholiday said:

Yes they took some of us to a nice little hotel which laid on drinks and pizza etc., 5 of us were picked up at 6.30 the next morning and taken to the airport for a flight back to Gatwick.  We had left from Heathrow, but were quite happy to get back to any airport.

Hi quick update.Just been on the phone with MSC.Very nice lady.She said we will get a full refund and any prepaid items.She said it will take 6 to 8 weeks and the money will go back onto the card we paid with.

Have just rec'd notice that we are NOT able to get a refund for our May 23rd Seaside cruise that MSC has cancelled effective today. WHAT!???  Each of the other cruise lines we sail with are offering the option of FCC's or a full refund... how is MSC not following suit? Definitely not the end of the matter for me... I will be pursuing the full refund option with the full force of my bitchy might for as along as it takes to get satisfaction in this matter.

2 hours ago, cruiser man 60 said:

Been reported on a MSC passengers Facebook page that MSC will be extending the 125% FCC For all cruises not just Caribbean ones.

apparently websites will be updated tomorrow, so hopefully correct information!

This is on their website today. I had previously canceled our Mar 15 sailing for a 100% FCC, but website indicates that even I am eligible for 125% FCC or refund. We followed the submission steps and it seemed to work. see screenshot.

Screenshot (25).png

The only option we are being offered for our cancelled Seaside cruise May 23rd is a future cruise credit... no refund option at all.   NOT ACCEPTABLE.  Would love to hear from anyone else who have now found their cruise has been impacted by the latest dates (through May 29th) and if you were offered the choice of refund or FCC.  

• Like 1