MSC refund policy coronavirus

niko40

10 minutes ago, sidari said:

BB ... So far we are not affected but there should be a global position from MSC like the other lines and not one for each Country offering varying degrees of changes.

It's almost as if they actively TRY to get themselves confused.  One policy = simple.

• Like 1

Just had this back from msc operations team in the uk......theres hope for us yet!

Dear Mr B

Thank you for your email.

We will have more information for you within 24 hours.

MSC Cruises in the UK and Ireland need to ensure the Cruise Assurance programme is aligned with our terms and conditions as the USA have their own terms and conditions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, sidari said:

NCL have modified their policy allowing future bookings into 2022.

No modification: NCL has always allowed FCC bookings until December 31, 2022.  I mentioned this on Friday that they had the most consumer friendly policy in terms of using FCC.

Edit to be clear: You have 365 days from the time the fcc is issued and must travel by Dec 31, 2022. 

Edited by BermudaBound2014

28 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Was the cruise you cancelled for a Caribbean? Was the cruise you cancelled in the YC? This tells me that 

a) YC in the caribbean is selling well

b) the Med is selling better than the Caribbean for MSC

c) Msc has no idea what they are doing.

Niko and Sid: I truly feel for you. It's BS that MSC can't make a blanket policy to cover you also.

i was booked on a Mediterranean cruise in balcony. I have no idea where the Caribbean restriction came from - it’s very odd. And the YC restriction is just greedy - I’m obviously going to spend more on a cabin to be in YC so they still have new money coming in. 

3 minutes ago, HofstraJet said:

i was booked on a Mediterranean cruise in balcony. I have no idea where the Caribbean restriction came from - it’s very odd. And the YC restriction is just greedy - I’m obviously going to spend more on a cabin to be in YC so they still have new money coming in. 

Honest to goodness, MSC does the most ridiculous things. I suspect you will be able to get this rectified. What a hassle. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

No modification: NCL has always allowed FCC bookings until December 31, 2022.  I mentioned this on Friday that they had the most consumer friendly policy in terms of using FCC.

Edit to be clear: You have 365 days from the time the fcc is issued and must travel by Dec 31, 2022. 

BB ... It came up on my page elsewhere so thought it was a new change!

14 minutes ago, HofstraJet said:

Please keep us updated!  I am really torn between just losing our deposit or getting 100% FFC. 

A part of me is just a little too concerned about leaving that much money with MSC until this blows over.  They are not a US based line, they depend on customers from everywhere and right now those customers are getting the short shrift.  Its really not wise to treat a large portion of your customer base this way.  Especially if it seems you are showing favoritism to a small portion of your customer base.  Hopefully tomorrow MSC makes it right for everyone.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stadleter said:

Indeed. 

A european cruiser complained on another board that he has paid around 30% of the cruise cost, and that MSC is offering him back only 20 % return for a cancelation. 

So he was within his time to cancel completely and the are refusing to return him his full amount? I suppose you can't say where this post is?

3 hours ago, WH_Cruise said:

Just had this back from msc operations team in the uk......theres hope for us yet!

Dear Mr B

Thank you for your email.

We will have more information for you within 24 hours.

MSC Cruises in the UK and Ireland need to ensure the Cruise Assurance programme is aligned with our terms and conditions as the USA have their own terms and conditions.

In other words " siht our USA company have reacted and now we must decide if we are going to follow suit"

Funny how RCI & Carnivals policy are the same both in U.K & USA without any issues.

Well lets wait and see what they come up with hopefully it will be good news.

Edited by niko40

On 3/8/2020 at 6:29 AM, niko40 said:

Most ofthe major cruise lines announced over a week ago and my experience has been very disappointing 

Absolutely!! Doesn't make sense the same cruise company can have two different policies for the same cruise!!

I made the mistake of booking in the UK, but live in the U S.  Waiting too. Don't see anything this Monday on the e UK site. Customer service terrible....get different  answers each call.

• Like 1

Called the Norwegian/Scandinavian customer service today to hear about the FCC in caribbean, but she said they hadnt even heard about it. Nothing had been informered from MSC so they did not know anything.  After telling her that this had been out on US wesite since yesterday she admited she knew and they had Meetings today to recive Directives on hope to enforce it for Scandinavian customers and hopefully something was annonced later today.   

The page hasnt been updated since 3.march , so its not even information about ppl from all ofItaly being denied., only that the ones from certain cities in the North.   

• Like 1

7 hours ago, niko40 said:

In other words " siht our USA company have reacted and now we must decide if we are going to follow suit"

Funny how RCI & Carnivals policy are the same both in U.K & USA without any issues.

Well lets wait and see what they come up with hopefully it will be good news.

Yet the other cruise lines have a Global policy on this issue!

9 hours ago, blueslily said:

OMG, just read all the messages you all posted in just the past 12 hours. Gracious. 

This is a posting Board for cruisers, thousands of people have a lot of money tied up and were planning to take vacations. If you don't care to read this stuff stay out of here. 

A greedy business model doesn't always work.

8 hours ago, djhstevens said:

Are you still going? we can't decide. Go back and forth by the minute

I know, we teetered back and forth also.  Unfortunately, we've decided not to go. We were more afraid of being quarantined than the actual virus.    

The Canadian Government has recommended that its citizens not cruise for the foreseeable future and warned that they will not providing future cruise boat rescue of its citizens. That made our decision to cancel very easy. We have friends on another line doing the same for the same reason.

So i finally got a response of MSC UK regarding cruise assurance not exactly what i wanted but at least they are now talking to me. Funny though it took me copying in the UK managing director to get a response.

Hi, we are sorry for any confusion caused. We are currently working on this and will be releasing more information shortly on our websites and social media. Please bare with us a little longer and we will address this.

So we still wait !!!

• Like 1