MSC refund policy coronavirus

niko40

I was able to call in this morning, it took around 40 minutes to answer the call. I inquired about the 20% discount applied to my booking ( for missed call at Ocean Cay last fall), they said that would be honored on my future reservation. I also asked about the Plusgrade fee I paid to upgrade, the amount of the upgrade cost will be added to the FCC, so essentially, 100% of everything I paid will go into a FCC. Anything extra like spa, internet, shore excursions will be refunded to credit card.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NameThatFunnel said:

I was able to call in this morning, it took around 40 minutes to answer the call. I inquired about the 20% discount applied to my booking ( for missed call at Ocean Cay last fall), they said that would be honored on my future reservation. I also asked about the Plusgrade fee I paid to upgrade, the amount of the upgrade cost will be added to the FCC, so essentially, 100% of everything I paid will go into a FCC. Anything extra like spa, internet, shore excursions will be refunded to credit card.

sorry to go OT here, but when you did the plusgrade, how much did you bid, and what room type did you get?

1 hour ago, niko40 said:

So i finally got a response of MSC UK regarding cruise assurance not exactly what i wanted but at least they are now talking to me. Funny though it took me copying in the UK managing director to get a response.

Hi, we are sorry for any confusion caused. We are currently working on this and will be releasing more information shortly on our websites and social media. Please bare with us a little longer and we will address this.

So we still wait !!!

There is a global call at 3pm and all markets will update post that call.

Edited by sidari
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NameThatFunnel said:

What form is that FCC coming in? Did you get anything immediately, like an email confirmation? Could you have rebooked immediately on the same call? Or is there processing time (read: waiting and following up)? 

On 3/8/2020 at 9:03 PM, lisaleopard said:

Similar situation in April but told can move. I’m holding on to see what they do 

Heard from MSC today that our cruise from Barcelona to Italy, will still operate as normal. Doesn’t make sense they are going to Italy, but will not allow anyone from Italy to board the ship. So how does it work when you get into port, just stare over the side of the ship, no one getting on or off, might as well stay at sea. Anyway insurance will payout, just a hassle. Two more cruises booked this year...doh! 

8 minutes ago, sofsolnanny said:

Hi,

just had a look at MSC U.K and nothing on there about cancelling cruise and using  a FCC.  Sidari  did you say in your post above that their would be an announcement made at 3pm today-----I'm getting confused.com

Sof ... That was the information that was passed to me that it would be after 3 pm, it could be that they want to release the info to all Countries at the same time.

Spare a thought for these people who have posted elsewhere on social media. Not good MSC really not good.

I see posts from people who have not heard from msc and they are already in Europe, like there is a couple in Nice and don't know where to go to because they were meant to board in Genoa and others in different places too.

26 minutes ago, Hampshirejudy said:

Heard from MSC today that our cruise from Barcelona to Italy, will still operate as normal. Doesn’t make sense they are going to Italy, but will not allow anyone from Italy to board the ship. So how does it work when you get into port, just stare over the side of the ship, no one getting on or off, might as well stay at sea. Anyway insurance will payout, just a hassle. Two more cruises booked this year...doh! 

Well im pretty sure if you are due in italy before 3rd April you will not be going regardless of what MSC might say.

53 minutes ago, Hampshirejudy said:

Is that April 18 to Venice?  We were going to join in Marseilles 20th but when this all started we did not confirm. Think as others have said Italy has only announced plans til April 3, the company will continue to say it is a go for now
We were going to arrive earlier for this one as original plans were for Northern and Western Europe with MSC early May but of course we are now on the wait and see list with everyone else while March and April cruises are taken care of...or not.  Good luck everyone!  Keep sharing. Nice to have the support from fellow travellers when info is limited

1 hour ago, Hampshirejudy said:

What date is your cruise?

20 minutes ago, cruiser man 60 said:

Italy is in complete lockdown with U.K. Airlines suspending all flights until April, everything is shut!!

But for MSC, everything is business as usual (well for their UK customers that is!) 

MSC UK partial update -
MSC is currently reviewing potential deployment changes on ships that are affected by the FCO advice regarding Italian ports and the current ongoing situation in Italy, which also includes re-positioning cruises currently heading towards the Med.
Specific ships:
  • MSC Bellissima: Continues to sail in the Gulf (contrary to media speculation) with possible port changes on the current 7-night cruises. The situation remains fluid and should this change we will update further.
  • MSC Opera: Current cruise has been cancelled and guests have been advised.
  • MSC Grandiosa: We are still looking at ports outside of Italy to accommodate MSC Grandiosa which continues to sail in the Med.
We are working on a wider policy to offer a flexible policy travelling up to June 30th and the detail of this will be released in the morning (Wed 11th March)
Rest assured we are working tirelessly to ensure all our guests both on-board and with future sailings will be looked after and we will advise further shortly.
Thank you for your ongoing patience.
MSC Cruises UK
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, sidari said:
MSC UK partial update -
MSC is currently reviewing potential deployment changes on ships that are affected by the FCO advice regarding Italian ports and the current ongoing situation in Italy, which also includes re-positioning cruises currently heading towards the Med.
Specific ships:
  • MSC Bellissima: Continues to sail in the Gulf (contrary to media speculation) with possible port changes on the current 7-night cruises. The situation remains fluid and should this change we will update further.
  • MSC Opera: Current cruise has been cancelled and guests have been advised.
  • MSC Grandiosa: We are still looking at ports outside of Italy to accommodate MSC Grandiosa which continues to sail in the Med.
We are working on a wider policy to offer a flexible policy travelling up to June 30th and the detail of this will be released in the morning (Wed 11th March)
Rest assured we are working tirelessly to ensure all our guests both on-board and with future sailings will be looked after and we will advise further shortly.
Thank you for your ongoing patience.
MSC Cruises UK

Thanks for posting that, where did you get it?  I can't see anything on their website, but happy to hear my cruise on Thursday on the Grandiosa might being going somewhere rather than nowhere.

2 hours ago, Hampshirejudy said:

How is that possible when Italy is essentially on lockdown not letting anyone in or out from my understanding? When is your cruise? Maybe they think things will be resolved by then?