What do you do first thing on board?

laurawho2

Like Oakman58, we generally board as soon as we can, whether cabins are ready or not, and eat at O'Sheehan's.  But, I have yet to pass a bar on my way to O'Sheehan's without grabbing at least a beer with my newly minted, beverage-package-enabled card!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

The answers may depend on the ship.  If I couldn't make all the bookings I needed I'd either head to a touchscreen to make them, or to the venue with tables for making the bookings.  Then I'd either head to an MDR for a lunch or tour the ship to get my bearings on things.

• Like 1

Lunch and drinks

Buy CruiseNext certs and book my next cruise if I know what it is.  You can also take a tour of the spa if the ship has one or walk around the ship to get to know where things are.

If by then the rooms are open I'll go relax and wait for the Muster Drill.

After the Drill, go to the pool deck for the sail-away party.

We like to board early and prefer buffet dining for lunch, so we usually head there first to beat the crowds.  Then we go to the top deck of the ship and start our exploration tour, moving down to the next lower deck after thoroughly exploring each one.  Sometimes we'll stop along the way for a drink.  By about that time, our cabins are usually ready and we head off to check them out. 

• Like 1

We try to be one of the first groups on the ship, not for any specific reason other than excitement and having ants in our pants! We get to the port basically as soon as security opens, and usually end up between the first to the third group to board. A few more cruises and we'll be Platinum, so we'll be able to bypass that (I think?!).

If it's a ship we've been on, we'll also go to O'Sheehans for lunch and a drink (usually a Bloody Mary). Then we'll quickly drop our carry on off in our room and change into our bathing suits, grab a second drink (usually a Moscow Mule), and head right into the hot tubs until muster drill! IMO, it's the best way to start vacation this way you avoid the hustle of everyone boarding. 

If it's a ship we've never been on, we'll do exactly what MeHeartCruising does - just in reverse haha. We'll start with the lower decks, and explore each deck until we reach the top.

9 minutes ago, MeHeartCruising said:

We like to board early and prefer buffet dining for lunch, so we usually head there first to beat the crowds.  Then we go to the top deck of the ship and start our exploration tour, moving down to the next lower deck after thoroughly exploring each one.  Sometimes we'll stop along the way for a drink.  By about that time, our cabins are usually ready and we head off to check them out. 

• Like 2

I like to get to the ship between noon and one, check my bag in the designated bag check area, then do lunch in whichever MDR is open.  Usually by the time I'm finished lunch (or very soon after), the cabins are ready