What do you do first thing on board?

laurawho2

Enjoy a good local lunch in the embarkation town/city/port. Always like to wait until the last minute to board to avoid the crowds. Walk around the ship to visit all public areas and then enjoy the sail away on the top deck.

Always get to the pier pretty early so we are there when boarding begins. We will book any entertainment or dining we were unable to book in advance, then head to O'sheehan's/The Local for a leisurely lunch (always a Reuben) and drinks...

After lunch we will walk around some, get more drinks, and drop off our carry-ons in our room once available. Kill time drinking until muster. After muster, if I have spa passes, I change into my swim suit and go to the spa for sail away. If no spa passes, we figure out where we want to watch sail away from, get more drinks, and relax.

• Like 1

When I get on board, the first thing I do is rush to my cabin. Look for minibar and just enjoy the view from the window. Next thing I do is look for the place to eat. Iam more concerned about breakfast time. I always look for the coziest place in a cafe. Later I look around places where I could just lie down and relax. This is pretty much it. Wish I could see all that before hand to come ready

33 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Always get to the pier pretty early so we are there when boarding begins. We will book any entertainment or dining we were unable to book in advance, then head to O'sheehan's/The Local for a leisurely lunch (always a Reuben) and drinks...

After lunch we will walk around some, get more drinks, and drop off our carry-ons in our room once available. Kill time drinking until muster. After muster, if I have spa passes, I change into my swim suit and go to the spa for sail away. If no spa passes, we figure out where we want to watch sail away from, get more drinks, and relax.

Is the thermal spa very busy during sailaway?

4 hours ago, laurawho2 said:

Wondering what time people board, and what's the first things they do when they get on board? Also looking for lunch suggestions! Thanks!

Washy Washy!!!   ...Then, something like others have posted!

Edited by ggTexasGal
added

2 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Not a ton of people USING it, but a lot of people taking tours.

On our next cruise we have a H9 spa suite so we have access to both Haven and thermal spa area.  The idea of relaxing on one of the padded or heated loungers with a drink in our hand and a great view sounds like a great idea for sailaway.  And the Haven bar is not that far away.  The people taking tours could be an issue though.

• Like 1

We book our dinners first thing, then go to the closest bar and get ourselves our first vacation beer. Then we go to Savor or Taste for lunch. By then cabin is usually ready so we drop off our carryons and head up to the pool deck...mamas got to have her mango meltdown!

6 hours ago, Langham1865 said:

I usually board as early as possible and head to the MDR for lunch.  If it is a new ship for me, I might explore a little bit first.

Exactly the same, its a bit awkward due to the carry-ons but besides that its been great always. 

Get to the pier early and get on early. Eat lunch at O’Sheehans/The local and grab a couple of drinks. We pack swim suits in the carry ons so we head to the pool. Then get ready to sail off and muster. Make sure you book your specialty dinners and shows prior to boarding or you will be stuck in lines the whole time!

My last couple of cruises have involved long travel times, so I get into my cabin at the earliest possible moment and try to get in a nap before the lifeboat drill.  Not glamorous but when you've been up for 24+ hours and you are a senior, a nap is a high priority!

• Like 1

First thing first, get a drink at the first bar I see!   Then go to the box office to book anything I couldn’t book online prior to embarking, like Headliners.  Last trip we took, we had to go to Headliners to pay for the PPBP, at that time, there was no option to pay upfront online.  

Check out the pool, especially since I will be flying down in my bathing suit!!! Then more cocktails, a bite to eat at the buffet and then continue with more drinks in order to maintain a constant buzz that will continue throughout the voyage!

10 hours ago, RedwingHockeyFan said:

Lunch and drinks

Buy CruiseNext certs and book my next cruise if I know what it is.  You can also take a tour of the spa if the ship has one or walk around the ship to get to know where things are.

If by then the rooms are open I'll go relax and wait for the Muster Drill.

After the Drill, go to the pool deck for the sail-away party.

Do all cruises have a sail  away party? 
gracelyn

We always head to the dining room that has waiter service.(This does not include O’Sheehans)  Its relaxing and definitely non aggravating. Each ship that we have been on has at least one sit down restaurant open.  Then we wait for the all clear to got to our room.