Global Entry interview Vancouver, BC -YVR

AlanF65

Has anyone done their Global entry interview at YVR. I am thinking about changing my appointment to when I come back. I have a 12:30 flight so just trying to anticipate how much time the interview takes.

Dear Global Entry Applicant,

In lieu of scheduling an appointment at a Global Entry Enrollment Center, you have the unique opportunity to interview for Global Entry when you return from your next international trip at one of several international airports in the United States and Canada. Enrollment on Arrival is ONLY available if you are arriving from an international trip and will be completed during the arrival process.

What is Enrollment on Arrival? With Enrollment on Arrival, Global Entry applicants who are conditionally approved can complete their interviews, the last step of the Global Entry process, while they are clearing through United States Customs and Border Protection or Preclearance. This option is now available at:

• Vancouver International Airport (YVR)

If you would like to save time and effort, then join thousands of other Global Entry applicants who are conditionally approved and participate in Enrollment on Arrival

2 hours ago, AlanF65 said:

I am thinking about changing my appointment to when I come back. I have a 12:30 flight so just trying to anticipate how much time the interview takes.

You don't need to schedule it-- you just ask for the interview when you speak with CBP. Its usually fairly quick but I would definitely budget in some time-- about an hour total but mine was less. You will wait for a little bit. From my experience you do this at your arrival airport or when you do preclearance (as is most likely the case if you are a US citizen at YVR). 

3 hours ago, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

And well worth the effort might I say.  

I have an appointment scheduled at SFO in 10 days, but that's a 2.5 hour drive and then at least an hour plus there with parking and getting top the interview room, then drive back in rush hour and they sent me an email asking if I wanted to schedule when returning so thinking I will save myself 6-7 hours and do it on return to the US.

Thanks for the info, I will just disembark early and grab a cab

A-

38 minutes ago, AlanF65 said:

I have an appointment scheduled at SFO in 10 days, but that's a 2.5 hour drive and then at least an hour plus there with parking and getting top the interview room, then drive back in rush hour

I hear you, wish they would do it at Sacramento.  We did the SENTRI pass as we cross MX at TJ a lot and it makes the crossing minutes vs hours.  SENTRI included GE at no extra cost, but we had to go to San Diego to do the SENTRI interview.   

Edited by ATSEAMYLIFE

On 3/4/2020 at 12:52 PM, AlanF65 said:

Has anyone done their Global entry interview at YVR. I am thinking about changing my appointment to when I come back. I have a 12:30 flight so just trying to anticipate how much time the interview takes.

In lieu of scheduling an appointment at a Global Entry Enrollment Center, you have the unique opportunity to interview for Global Entry when you return from your next international trip at one of several international airports in the United States and Canada. Enrollment on Arrival is ONLY available if you are arriving from an international trip and will be completed during the arrival process.

What is Enrollment on Arrival? With Enrollment on Arrival, Global Entry applicants who are conditionally approved can complete their interviews, the last step of the Global Entry process, while they are clearing through United States Customs and Border Protection or Preclearance. This option is now available at:

If you would like to save time and effort, then join thousands of other Global Entry applicants who are conditionally approved and participate in Enrollment on Arrival

The only issue that I see is that you will not be arriving from an international trip at YVR, you will be departing for one. Your arrival is when you get off the cruise. Or maybe I'm not reading the quoted language right.

1 hour ago, zqvol said:

The only issue that I see is that you will not be arriving from an international trip at YVR, you will be departing for one. Your arrival is when you get off the cruise. Or maybe I'm not reading the quoted language right.

I believe YVR has preclearance so you would clear in Canada and arrive in the US as a domestic flight. 

3 minutes ago, princeton123211 said:

I believe YVR has preclearance so you would clear in Canada and arrive in the US as a domestic flight. 

I looked it up earlier,  GE has stations in US custom in YVR, I think it was 23 and 25 for GE interviews

I had posted last fall  about renewing GI.  I was asking how long it took.  Many came back and said within two weeks.  Only a few said they needed another interview.  Finally in December we (three in our family)  started getting letters several weeks apart.  All three of us needed interviews.  Our son teaches and said he did not want to use a personal day for the interview.   It would be a drive for us.   Then we received emails telling us about these new interviews.  We are doing an Alaskan cruise so we are hoping to do them during our layover in Minneapolis.   I am sure we will hear reports by then on how well it works.    Hope it is successful.

On 3/5/2020 at 12:35 PM, zqvol said:

the OP talking about US pre-clearance at the YVR airport prior to flying to the USA.   Because most US airports have very small  international facilities, the US prefers that the US formalities are done at foreign airports prior to entering the US.  1/5th of all of the gates (all of the E concourse) at YVR for example are for US traffic, and are behind US Immigration and Customs.

• 1 month later...
On 3/4/2020 at 9:52 AM, AlanF65 said:

I would have an appointment . At YVR you have to talk to both US Customs and the Canadian Customs as well. I had an appointment and it took about an hour. There were people waiting without appointments but no guarantee of getting seen.