Cancel For Any Reason Insurnace

Where do I find out information and cost for the NCl cancel for any reason insurance?  Just want to be prepared in case the virus gets worse.  I have never purchased travel insurance before but seems like this time it is probably the thing to do.  Thanks!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Named-Tawny said:

Oh man, that's rough.  Most CFAR policies will actually give you your money back, rather than just future credit.

It is because NCL does NOT sell CFAR insurance. The insurance will only pay for an approved reason. 

So, if you cancel because you are afraid of COVID-19, you submit a claim to the NCL insurance company and they will, more than likely, deny the claim and pay you $0. 

Once the insurance company denies your claim, you submit the $0 reimbursement to NCL who will provide you a Future Cruise Credit for either 75% or 90% of your cruise fare (only). 

• Like 1

If you want cancel for any reason insurance, I wouldn't book with NCL. You can find true CFAR insurance that pays out at 75 or 90 percent cashback for far less money. You'll also likely get better med evac coverage.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

It is because NCL does NOT sell CFAR insurance. The insurance will only pay for an approved reason. 

Yes, exactly.  It's really sneaky/deceptive how they market it though, with the 'Cancel For Any Reason' header on the page that links to travel insurance.  bleh.

Just keep in mind that if the trip is already booked, it is likely too late to purchase cancel for any reason insurance with a third party. Those policies typically need to be purchases within the first 2-3 weeks of putting down a deposit.

11 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

So, if you cancel because you are afraid of COVID-19, you submit a claim to the NCL insurance company and they will, more than likely, deny the claim and pay you $0. 

Once the insurance company denies your claim, you submit the $0 reimbursement to NCL who will provide you a Future Cruise Credit for either 75% or 90% of your cruise fare (only). 

That's what I thought.....I keep hearing NCL has CFAR, and I'm like "what did I miss?".

For anyone who buys insurance with "Cancel for Any Reason" coverage, make sure that you know the period of time that the CFAR covers.  

Policies that we have purchased with CFAR all have had a set period before the start of the trip travel period or embarkation (usually 24-48 hours) when CFAR no longer applies and the Trip Interruption coverage kicks it with all its conditions.