Wheelchair accessible shore excursions in St. Petersburg

I am trying to find accessible tours and trustworthy tour companies in St. Petersburg that offer tours for wheelchair passengers. Does anybody know of such? Maybe some of you have been on accessible tours in St. Petersburg before? Suggestions, tips and advice are most welcome!

• 2 weeks later...

We used a tour company, booked in advance and paid for on the day. It was expensive but well worth it in my opinion. It was a very full day and was a little challenging in parts. I use an electric chair which coped pretty well, a manual chair would be hard going I think,   some of the kerbs are high and access is variable. However, people were helpful and friendly and the tour guide and driver were great. It’s a fascinating and beautiful city, Peterhof and the Catherine Palace were highlights and wheelchair access was good.

We used SPB tours twice in St. Petersburg in two different years. We also used them in the other stops in our second year. Before I made the reservation, I wrote them and described my limitations. They made suggestions for the tours and were very helpful both before and during the tours.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/4/2020 at 10:36 PM, darleen_smith said:

I am trying to find accessible tours and trustworthy tour companies in St. Petersburg that offer tours for wheelchair passengers. Does anybody know of such?

Alla Tours, Dancing Bear, Best Guides, TJ, Ulko Tours, Spb - all these (and others) are very reputable and will provide tours for wheelchair passengers (you can check-out reviews on TripAdvisor). Just bear in mind that many sites in St. Petersburg are not wheelchair accessible (for example, Peterhof Grand Palace, Yusupov Palace have no lifts). Thankfully, the big hitters like the Hermitage and Catherine Palace have lifts. Also, the last time I visited the Faberge Museum, the lift was not functioning. Unfortunately, those in wheelchairs were not able to visit the collection & had to wait on the ground floor.

Edited by dogs4fun

• 3 weeks later...

We used Alla Tours.  We booked a two day tour in St. Petersburg and we had a private lift equipped van with driver and tour guide.  There were five in my party.  It was absolutely fantastic.  It was cheaper per person than Princess Tours. We went everywhere the regular Alla Grand tour did.  Happy to answer any questions you may have.