Skagway - Tagish Sled Dogs - Yukon

BrandFam4

Has anyone visited the Tagish Sled Dog camp off the Yukon highway? It looks like its right off the main road and easily accessible. I went on their website and it says no reservations required. I'm just wondering of the ease of accessing and if there are long waits since there are no reservations needed.

http://www.tagishlakekennel.com/tutshi-sled-dog-summer-tours/

Thanks!

When you arrive,there is unlimited free parking.

if you are with some of the truly local, independent, tour companies, who stop there, they may even comp your entry fee for you!

Then, the hardest part of waiting for a sled ride might be extra puppy petting! 

(Yes, this place still allows/encourages contact with the puppies with no time limit!)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dyeadave said:

Then, the hardest part of waiting for a sled ride might be extra puppy petting! 

(Yes, this place still allows/encourages contact with the puppies with no time limit!)

We may be there for hours then if I let my kids decide when to stop. :-) LOL

8 hours ago, familyoutdoors said:

What are the options to getting there on your own?

From what I read they are right of the Yukon highway (someone correct me if I'm wrong). We plan to rent a car so we will just stop at some point during our day. I did email them for more information. But it looks like they are currently competing in the iditaord so I am sure they are very busy right now. 

You can't miss it, it's right on the Yukon Highway. They'll be "A" board signs out on the highway. We've been up the Yukon highway numerous times, get a copy of Murray;'s guide, it's very helpful. When we rent a car we always rent from Avis. When you go to pickup your car be one of the first to get off the ship and hustle  over to Avis. That way you can beat the buses going up the Yukon Highway.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have been here multiple times.    It's well marked,  on the right side of the South Klondike Highway.    You can get there with a rental car,   and a few vendors stop there.   I have been there with Dyea Dave.      

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/17/2020 at 5:03 PM, sandinmyshoes said:

This interests me too.  For those of you who took Dyea Dave or other tour companies, did you get to ride behind the sled dogs or just see the camp and pet the dogs?  

Contact Dave directly.    I have been there when riders did ride the sled dogs.     But best to verify this directly.