5 March 2020 Thursday Weigh-in

pacruise804

Good Morning all!  I didn't see a thread this week so figured I'd start.  Sorry, no poem this week 😞 

The sinus pressure is easing up (yay), but thats because things are now flowing and I'm constantly blowing (eww).  No fever, so I'm guessing just due to multiple factors - primarily not getting enough rest and fluctuating weather.  If I develop fever or worsening symptoms I'll call the doctor.

Despite trying to be really good with diet and upping my walking, I'm still just maintaining.  Better than a loss but still 🙄

This weeks stats:

Start: 208.6 (1/9/20) This week: 204.6

Goal 5/14 (next cruise): 20# loss - 16# remaining

Goal 10/22 (just after 25th anniversary): another 25# loss

Goal end of year: finish weight of 155#

I now have about 10 weeks until my cruise, so 16# is looking harder to reach.  Hoping it starts dropping quickly and being run down is slowing the loss.

• Like 3

Pacruise, thanks for starting the thread. At least you maintained. Hope you feel better soon.

Last week I mentioned hubby and I were running around a lot getting ready for our cruise, eating out a lot. Wouldn't you know it....I lost 1 lb. Go figure.....I'm at the number I like to be at or below before a cruise, yeah!

Hope everyone else did well.

Diana

• Like 4

Thanks for getting the thread started @pacruise804 Sorry to hear you are still under the weather. 😞 Sounds like you've hit a plateau - hoping you see a sudden drop and things get moving again. 

Congrats on your loss Diana! Yay!

I'm exactly the same as this time last week. Which is good - I expected worse since we went to stay with my husband's 86 year old mom who lives with one of his sisters and her family last weekend. It had been a year and a half since we were last there so she wanted to go out and eat at all her favorite places. There was Pizza, Chinese, Fish and Chips... plus wine and desserts... So in light of all that, I'm happy not to have a gain. 

• Like 4

Interesting week for this thread ... pacruise .. sorry you haven't been feeling well, but nice that there was no gain!  Diana nice you lost a # ... Robin staying the same is ok!!!!

So, this week I have not lost but also have not gained .... so I am happy!!!  We will see what next week brings!  Jan

• Like 4

HI all!

pacruise804 ~ thanks for starting the thread. Sorry to hear about your problem. I'm aware of my sinuses as I sit here!

You all are doing better than me. Since I came back from my cruise 3 lbs heavier, I've been adding 0.2 lbs per week!

Usual chocolate, lunches out & salty snacks are my downfall!! I'm going to have to get serious soon as I hate looking in a mirror!! Ideally I'd like to be 24 lbs lighter at some point.

Have a nice weekend & see you next week.

~ Jo ~ 😊

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hey y'all! Thanks @pacruise804 for the start and nice job maintaining through illness. I'd take a maintenance week Jan and Robin. Hang in there Jo, I'm gonna try. Congrats Diana on hitting your cruise goal weight!!

Crappy week. Haven't made it to the gym since Sunday. I have been feeling yucky all week. Tuesday was soo bad I got home and just ate pasta and red sauce (from a jar- gasp). So even though I was under my calories it wasn't the best food option. Other than that I've been spot on with my eating. I am up 1.6lbs 🤢 It was a hard one to take this morning. Although I'm hoping some of it is hormones b/c when I took my BC this morning I realized I should be having a visit from Aunt Flow (probably TMI but with Lo LoEstrin Fe I don't physically have a visit). Trying to not make excuses but be 100% transparent with y'all. 

Still feel crappy even with non-drowsy Sudafed and Aleve in my system. I need Spring to get here ASAP!

Edited by JennyB1977
  • Like 2

Hi all!

Paracruise and Jenny - it's hard to maintain when you don' t feel well. I know I just want to eat whatever is the easiest. I hope you both feel better soon!

Diana - take that loss! Way to go losing while eating away from home!

Robin - great job maintaing while visiting family!

Jan - maintain is better than up!

Jo - I am a terrible self sabatoge-er. I get in this cycle where I only want junk - salty, sweet, doesn't matter...I'll take two please. 

I am down 2.9 pounds this week. I've FINALLY lost that 3ish pounds I put on during my last cruise and after gaining the last few weeks. I have 11 1/2 weeks to meet my goal of about 20 pounds. I don't think it's going to happen, but I'll take any improvement. My MIL is supposed to fly here watch our kids for that cruise, and she's in the elevated risk category for Covid (age and underlying issues). So we're trying to figure out what all our options are. We really don't want her flying right now. I think it will come down to either we drive the kids to her or we cancel. We'll have 4 days of driving around a 4 day cruise if we do go, and that doesn't really sound like much fun - this was supposed to be a quick date-cation for me and hubby, and neither one of us really wants to spend as much time in the car as on the ship! We only have $200 down, but final payment is next week so we need to make up our minds by Monday. I bring it up because I feel like I want to stress eat today over this. 😒 Guess I could just bring out the blender on the days we were supposed to be on the ship and make my own frozen drinks. 

• Like 4

Jenny, I hope you feel better soon too.  I'm always wiped out the day before as well 😞 

The blowing has slowed down and I can breathe clearly, so I'm trusting I'm on the mend 🙂 Plus I want to eat.all.the.things this afternoon, which is often a sign of feeling better 🙄

• Like 2

Hello, everyone!

@pacruise804 and @JennyB1977, I hope you're feeling better; I find it more difficult to eat 'healthily' when I'm ill, because most of the comfort foods I want just don't fit in the healthy category . . . One of the things I've learned from Noom is to leave 5 mouthfuls on the plate (save them for later, share them with a friend, etc.), and that has helped me moderate my portions when it comes to foods that aren't so great for my weight loss.  I'm down about 2 lbs from last week, but am currently on one of those 'upswing" peaks in my Rocky Mountain weight chart.  I find that the daily weight check is helping me overcome my frustration at seeing day-to-day fluctuations, and focus on the overall trend.  Next week, I'll be traveling as we're helping my stepdaughter move from Tacoma to Phoenix, so am thinking about bringing our scale!  I'm currently working on a list of healthy snacks to take along.

@winewanderer, have a great cruise!  How long a cruise is it?  @melmar02, I hope your cruise works out!

Diana too!

• Like 2

Hi Everyone,

Melmar, great loss this week! We are not yet cruising. We leave for FLL Sat. March 14th.

IRMO, we are cruising for 44 days. We've done that long a couple of times. Worst gain I had was 6 or so lbs. It is doable.

Just hope we stay well in the current situation! 

Robin, stay the same is ok. 

Jan, always good when we don't gain....

Jo, small gain on your cruise.

Jenny, blah, difficult when you can't get in the exercise you want. 

PS, I was looking at Belle's posts. I think she is on the Feb.21st-March 7th Grand Princess that is stuck in SF Bay testing passengers for the virus. I hope she ok....

Diana

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi ladies,   I was wondering if I can join in this group.   I'm actively trying to lose weight before my holiday.    I'm from Australia and will be spending 3 weeks in Canada before cruising from Vancouver to Anchorage in July.    So far I've lost 8kg (17.6 pounds) over 6 months and hoping to lose another 4/5kg but running out of time.  I thought a little accountability and support wouldn't go astray!

Thanks

Em

• Like 1

8 hours ago, embers777 said:

Hi ladies,   I was wondering if I can join in this group.   I'm actively trying to lose weight before my holiday.    I'm from Australia and will be spending 3 weeks in Canada before cruising from Vancouver to Anchorage in July.    So far I've lost 8kg (17.6 pounds) over 6 months and hoping to lose another 4/5kg but running out of time.  I thought a little accountability and support wouldn't go astray!

Thanks

Em

Welcome to the group ... Looks like you've done well so far on losing!!!!

Going to Alaska is on my bucket list ... how lovely to have 3 weeks before in Canada - hopefully to explore!!!   Jan

Great thanks Jan.    I'll jump in to next week's weigh in 🙂  

I'm really excited about the cruise which will be my first cruise.   And yes I'll be driving around Canada pre cruise so will have to watch what I'm eating then as well!   

13 hours ago, embers777 said:

Great thanks Jan.    I'll jump in to next week's weigh in 🙂  

I'm really excited about the cruise which will be my first cruise.   And yes I'll be driving around Canada pre cruise so will have to watch what I'm eating then as well!   

Welcome and congratulations on your loss so far! Your Canada / Alaska vacation sounds wonderful!

On 3/6/2020 at 8:03 PM, winewanderer said:

PS, I was looking at Belle's posts. I think she is on the Feb.21st-March 7th Grand Princess that is stuck in SF Bay testing passengers for the virus. I hope she ok....

Diana

Oh no! We've decided to make final payment today. DH thinks we'll eventually move our sail date, but I'm staying positive - 77 days to keep on track! I've been toying around with going back to the DASH diet. I don't have an order covering my kitchen counter this morning, so I have room to get out the blender and make a smoothie. 1/2 a banana, 1/2-1 cup of fruit (usually frozen strawberries and some sort of frozen mixed fruit), 1/4 of a cucumber, a cup of frozen kale, and a cup of milk. I usually have a handful of almonds with it. 

• Like 2

Hey all and welcome Em! I have new jeans waiting at home...I ordered them online from Buckle.com. They are one waist size smaller than the ones I wear regularly now. I am super nervous to get home and try them on LOL 

It's a rest day from training and my dinner tonight is pepperoni, cheese and wine. Maybe some triscuits 🙂

Edited by JennyB1977
  • Like 1

Your dinner sounds amazing Jenny, enjoy!  Yay on smaller pants too 🙂 

I'm participating in a 5 day Soup, Salad, and Squat challenge so I'm making chicken corn soup tonight (I made chicken noodle with the first 1/2 of the broth Monday.  Tomorrow will be beef vegetable with left overs from shredded roast beef we had last night in sandwiches.  Friday will be a soup smorgasbord 🙂 I've been having salads each day for lunch, so hopefully the scales will be kind tomorrow.

DH and I are transitioning back to more cardio vs. heavy weight in our strength training.  Tried plyometric jump squats last night and survived 😉 We also upped our reps from 10 to 15 for each set - amazing how much more tiring that was.

"See" everyone tomorrow!

• Like 1