Need some Financial Advice

MartiniBarhooked

So if pay up at final payment, you can essentially buy a little more time to make a final decision, with only $200 really at risk at that point?  That's an easy one for me- do it.  You basically get 2 more months to monitor the situation and make a final decision, and all you are potentially out is $200.   In the grand scheme of things, that seems a small price to pay for an extra two months of decision making time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, MartiniBarhooked said:

Let me start by saying this is not a Celebrity Cruise but we are avid Celebrity cruisers and can always find good information on here.

My advice is needed for an upcoming final payment due date for a cruise.  The final payment is due 6 months out.  I have asked the company if they would push the date back from April 19th to something in July they said no.  The company if offering a full refund in future cruise credit if canceled at least 24 hours before the start of the trip.

But with that being said we are talking a $22,000 dollar trip.  As of right now I have a $1000 deposit down if I cancel before the final payment I would get back 800 cash and then the 200 in a future cruise credit I think.  With only knowing what you know right now or even next month what would you do?  Cancel now OR  Pay the final payment $21000.00  Which you can still cancel 120 days out and only loose the $200.  

I would cancel.   I realize that the risk of being fatality is low, even for me, at 72, but would hate to get hung up on a ship and quarantined for many days.  Also, for a high cost 22K trip, not worth the worry.