Cancelling 10 days out

29 minutes ago, papaflamingo said:

I'm not in the least confused about your stance.  You think that the cruise line owes you something.  It doesn't.  If you book and go past final payment you have agreed to their cancellation penalties.  If you decide you don't want to go for any reason they owe you only what you deserve.  If you are afraid to sail, take out cancel for any reason insurance.  

But you suggest showing up to the cruise, and fake coughing and sneezing to get denied boarding so you can get a full refund.  Man, talk about playing games.  You're the biggest "gamer" in the discussion. 

Still confused I see so I'll try to be as clear as possible. I have already corrected myself in that showing up and saying you're sick will not get you a full refund as the cruise lines are not offering them......yet. We don't have a crystal ball so we don't know if they ever will or won't. 

I don't believe the cruise line owes me anything as I have already had my cruise for 2020 and my next booking is February 2021. I am not afraid to sail at all and in fact I would gladly take my family cruising again next week if I had more vacation time left. If I was a senior or someone with a weakened immune system I would definitely be afraid to cruise though. 

This is a very unique and fluid situation and there are many, including myself, who feel that the cruise lines, and I mean all cruise lines, are handling all of this very poorly. They really do only care about the almighty dollar after all. 

You do realize that people aren't just having second thoughts about going on a cruise for nothing, right? You do realize that people are getting really sick and dying, right? You do realize that there is currently a cruise ship that is in quarantine limbo and there surely will be more to follow, right? 

In closing I would just like to say.....sticks and stones. 

• Like 1

Yes you can cancel your cruise up to 48 hr before sailing.  You can also cancel any cruise set to sail to July 31, 2020.  A FCC will be issued for the full amount paid not including taxes and port charges.  Port charges and taxes will be refunded to the credit card that was used for payment.

2 minutes ago, mariefisher said:

Do you have to use the fcc for the full amount at one time? If you pick a cruise that cost less can you use the credit on another cruise?  Just wondered how it works. 

If the cruise fare is less, you will be issued a new FCC for the remaining value.

18 hours ago, AlohaLivin said:

I try to get info from the best minds, not those interpreting, and decide from there.

IME often difficult to tell when that is happening,so often a disaster happens & straight away there is 'an expert' on hand to tell us what happened which tend so often to not be the truth!

15 hours ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Still confused I see so I'll try to be as clear as possible. I have already corrected myself in that showing up and saying you're sick will not get you a full refund as the cruise lines are not offering them......yet. We don't have a crystal ball so we don't know if they ever will or won't. 

I don't believe the cruise line owes me anything as I have already had my cruise for 2020 and my next booking is February 2021. I am not afraid to sail at all and in fact I would gladly take my family cruising again next week if I had more vacation time left. If I was a senior or someone with a weakened immune system I would definitely be afraid to cruise though. 

This is a very unique and fluid situation and there are many, including myself, who feel that the cruise lines, and I mean all cruise lines, are handling all of this very poorly. They really do only care about the almighty dollar after all. 

You do realize that people aren't just having second thoughts about going on a cruise for nothing, right? You do realize that people are getting really sick and dying, right? You do realize that there is currently a cruise ship that is in quarantine limbo and there surely will be more to follow, right? 

In closing I would just like to say.....sticks and stones. 

Well, thanks for your comments, right up to you being condescending.  So, sorry, I missed where you "corrected yourself."  As to your condescending comments, duh.....of course I realize people are having second thoughts, getting sick, and dying.  No need for you to be such a condescending jerk about it.  

And there you have my stick back at your stone.  

Hope you enjoy whatever cruise you go on next. 

16 hours ago, Mapleleafforever said:

I don’t want to jump in to y’alls fight, but I have to object to this comment above.  I suppose if you had family etc that worked in the cruise industry you would just say oh yeah “stop the cruise ships, put hundreds of thousands of employees out of work, for who knows how long.”  

Remember there are many families dependent on their employment, not just the on ship crew. The officers, and the many, many on shore workers.  Oh yeah, add all the others than make a living on the cruises that visit their ports and cities.  The companies that supply the ships with food and supplies, the Travel Agents. And probably many other functions that don’t jump in my mind at this minute.  I really believe the cruise industry has a lot more to think about when they make decisions, then just the passengers. It is not an easy decision. That is why others, like the govt, are there to help with the choices and give financial help if needed. 

Just stop being so quick to say they only care about their bottom line. 

6 minutes ago, dd likes to cruise said:

I don’t want to jump in to y’alls fight, but I have to object to this comment above.  I suppose if you had family etc that worked in the cruise industry you would just say oh yeah “stop the cruise ships, put hundreds of thousands of employees out of work, for who knows how long.”  

Remember there are many families dependent on their employment, not just the on ship crew. The officers, and the many, many on shore workers.  Oh yeah, add all the others than make a living on the cruises that visit their ports and cities.  The companies that supply the ships with food and supplies, the Travel Agents. And probably many other functions that don’t jump in my mind at this minute.  I really believe the cruise industry has a lot more to think about when they make decisions, then just the passengers. It is not an easy decision. That is why others, like the govt, are there to help with the choices and give financial help if needed. 

Just stop being so quick to say they only care about their bottom line. 

We're going to have to agree to disagree on this one, I mean, it was hardly a fight. 

3 hours ago, Heymarco said:

Earlier you said that you prefer expert opinions over politicians. However CNN and Fox News are the two most politicized and polarized main stream news sources out there, very bias and not very accurate. I’m with you on listening to the experts, but wouldn’t fully trust either of these sources for non politicized information. Often the entire story or facts are not shared.

I didn’t take this to a political place and don’t intend to now (we aren’t going to change opinions via posts no matter how rational). And I completely disagree regarding CNN, a false equivalent to the other channel mentioned,  but I am not here to discuss those issues and don’t wish to. Please note that I am bright enough to know the difference between the news and the talking heads discussing political opinion. My work is as a scientist, I will listen to people of science and while they differ on minor details I can find the facts from which I can come to my own conclusions. 

On 3/6/2020 at 5:30 AM, blueridgemama said:

I

I would not cruise at this point with a very young child or a very old person or with anyone who is immunosupprest. 

FYI...very young children are at very low risk for corona.  🙂

1 hour ago, Rala said:

FYI...very young children are at very low risk for corona.  🙂

FYI  I have read all the reports too. I still would not cruise with a young child.

Can not imagine being quarantined in a room with a baby or toddler. Sure it is unlikely to happen but why take the chance?

Edited by blueridgemama
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, blueridgemama said:

FYI  I have read all the reports too. I still would not cruise with a young child.

Can not imagine being quarantined in a room with a baby or toddler. Sure it is unlikely to happen but why take the chance?

You are right if it comes to being quarantined .  Two weeks in a small space with a  toddler could be  "difficult" to say the least !!!  🙂

You will lose 100% of your cruise fare.

Port fees, taxes and gratuities will be refunded

That’s not what the RCC site says. You can cancel up to 48hrs before sailing and get a full credit for any cruise through dec 2021

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On 3/5/2020 at 1:13 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

You will lose 100% of your cruise fare.

Port fees, taxes and gratuities will be refunded

I thought that they would be given FCC for cancelling up to 48 hours prior to the cruise and the taxes, fees and excursions would be credited back to their credit card.  Read the cruise with confidence statement. 

22 minutes ago, Robinhill said:

I thought that they would be given FCC for cancelling up to 48 hours prior to the cruise and the taxes, fees and excursions would be credited back to their credit card.  Read the cruise with confidence statement. 

You need to look at dates when people post information.  That information was posted before the new policy took effect. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach